The Student Room Group

Large = no boyfriends, ever

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm sure you'll find someone who wants you for who you are. Just continue what your doing and as you lose weight you should become more confident and ultimately should achieve your goal.
If you are unhappy then change something.

Coming on TSR won't help you build your confidence and it certainly won't make you lose weight, the time you spent sat at your computer you could have been out jogging.

Don't rely on anyone else to make you happy.

If you really want to lose some weight and gain some confidence then get out there and do it.
Create a calorie deficit and aim to lose more weight. I'm not even going to beat around the bush, you would probably get more attention if you weren't overweight. It isn't an attractive quality.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Watch some Jeremy Kyle, you'll see big women (not even with pretty faces) be wanted by lots of guys all at once.

You just need some confidence :smile:
Reply 24
If it's that bad, use an exercise bike or go to the gym ffs! I'm sorry if I sound like a dickhead, but I hate hearing these excuses, when I see that I'm getting fat, i'll sort it out, it kills but that dedication pays off, because you look in the mirror and know that you're at the weight you want to be.

If you're too self conscious to do that, do some work at home like steps on the stairs, repeat every day for a couple of weeks, you'll lose weight in no time, if you're not in pain when you finish you haven't done enough work.

Original post by Vikki1805
If you are unhappy then change something.

Coming on TSR won't help you build your confidence and it certainly won't make you lose weight, the time you spent sat at your computer you could have been out jogging.

Don't rely on anyone else to make you happy.

If you really want to lose some weight and gain some confidence then get out there and do it.

Thank you. OP should be confident, if it's that bad that she's not confident in her appearance, sort it out.

Also, if it's that bad, get pills from holland and barratt and then do exercise, you'll lose weight quicker
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The_Procrastinator
I think you're wrong.

I've always been overweight. I got with my first boyfriend when I had just turned 16, and was with him for 4 years. I was between a size 18-22 during this time.

I'm with my second boyfriend now, coming up to 4 years again, engaged, buying a house, planning our wedding, children etc. I've been a size 20-26 during this relationship.

If a guy loves you, he won't care about size. If he does, then is he really worth it?

Edit: Negged by a fatty hater? At least have the guts (excuse the pun) to say it!

Yes this is true, but when you meet someone for the first time; they don't love you, do they? Some people like to have healthy partners, there is nothing wrong with having that preference.
Original post by jtnf
Lose weight then. Eat healthy (brown carbs not white), do proper exercise like running (you could start with brisk walks) and stop snacking.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it.

I've been on brown carbs for a while! I'll never go back to white :smile:
Reply 27
Don't listen to the people saying 'don't worry about it, all you need is confidence.' It'd be lovely if that was the case but we're not living in fairytale land.

Of course it's possible to be overweight and get a boyfriend, but you'll get much more attention and more options if you slim down. And losing weight is how you'll get confidence in the first place.
Lots of chubby haters on TSR. OP, if you want to lose weight, by all means lose weight. If it will make you feel more confident, better about yourself and help you talk to people, then by all means go for it, and good luck to you.

But remember that everyone has body issues, even skinny little teenagers have bits of their body they are not confident with. The most important thing is learning to accept your imperfections. Don't think that once you lose weight all that will go away and you will feel perfect.

As a larger lady myself I've not had a problem in that area. I know I'm not perfect, but I've learned to accept myself and be happy. And yes, I am happy. Even though the fatty haters think I must be secretly crying inside, I'm not. And I for one wouldn't want to become super skinny just so I can get with a guy so shallow he wouldn't even look twice at me when I'm not super skinny. Its not an attractive quality to me.
Reply 29
Original post by Vohamanah
Lots of chubby haters on TSR. OP, if you want to lose weight, by all means lose weight. If it will make you feel more confident, better about yourself and help you talk to people, then by all means go for it, and good luck to you.

But remember that everyone has body issues, even skinny little teenagers have bits of their body they are not confident with. The most important thing is learning to accept your imperfections. Don't think that once you lose weight all that will go away and you will feel perfect.

As a larger lady myself I've not had a problem in that area. I know I'm not perfect, but I've learned to accept myself and be happy. And yes, I am happy. Even though the fatty haters think I must be secretly crying inside, I'm not. And I for one wouldn't want to become super skinny just so I can get with a guy so shallow he wouldn't even look twice at me when I'm not super skinny. Its not an attractive quality to me.

You'd think that, but we're programmed to be attracted to hot women, having the right proportions with hips, facial symmetry and so on. It's not our fault, maybe we can see the real you and see whats inside, but a girl with a fair amount of attraction is a must.
Original post by jam277
You'd think that, but we're programmed to be attracted to hot women, having the right proportions with hips, facial symmetry and so on. It's not our fault, maybe we can see the real you and see whats inside, but a girl with a fair amount of attraction is a must.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you were replying to :smile: I'd think what?
Reply 31
Sorry, I'm not sure what you were replying to :smile: I'd think what?

You'd think that we're shallow because we like hot women but you can't help who you're attracted to right? It's not our fault, also I think that over time you get attracted to someone that wasn't initially attractive/stunning to you.
Original post by jam277
You'd think that we're shallow because we like hot women but you can't help who you're attracted to right? It's not our fault, also I think that over time you get attracted to someone that wasn't initially attractive/stunning to you.

Ah, no I'm not saying all men who are attracted to hot women are shallow. Not by any means, I'm attracted to hot women myself. I mean that I wouldn't want to slim down just to get a man who wouldn't pay me two glances before I was skinny.

I think to discount someone and treat them like crap because of their dress size, no matter how attrractive they may be, isn't a good personality trait. Its not someone I'd want to spend time with and certainly not someone I'd want to marry, because very few women stay skinny forever.

I agree with you in that you should accept your imperfections, and I personally prefer chubby girls so the more chubsters the better :gah:. However I dislike the way you're suggesting that men who have a particular physical preference are shallow and should feel guilty. I usually don't give skinny girls a second look when I go out, it doesn't make me a shallow guy at all. It's this whole idea of putting the blame on the other party to make yourself feel better, "if he doesn't like you then he must be a dick" etc
Original post by Spontogical
Yes this is true, but when you meet someone for the first time; they don't love you, do they? Some people like to have healthy partners, there is nothing wrong with having that preference.

And all people with a good figure are healthy?
And all people with a good figure are healthy?

No; but people that exercise generally are healthy.. that's all I'm saying really.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact of the matter.. if you were to change the gender to male and the topic of weight to height.. he'd just be ridiculed like always.
No; but people that exercise generally are healthy.. that's all I'm saying really.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fact of the matter.. if you were to change the gender to male and the topic of weight to height.. he'd just be ridiculed like always.

I exercise regularly, and I'm healthy. I'm just also pretty large.
I exercise regularly, and I'm healthy. I'm just also pretty large.

If you do then I can't fault you tbh. :h: Good on you.
Most important thing is to be fit and you say youre losing weight too meaning once you get to where you are happy, youll stay there.

With that said girls have it much easier than guys, youll have no short supply of men approaching you.
If you do then I can't fault you tbh. :h: Good on you.

Thanks! I exercise daily, I eat a balanced vegetarian diet, I don't drink or smoke....why am I still so fat! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending