The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Student accomodation - Shared Houses

Hey im starting at Plymouth uni in september and i am looking at shared houses. Does anyone know the good areas/areas to avoid living in Plymouth? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
The house I'm living in is up for rent for sept?
It's the nicest house! £88 per week.
x
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello!

I have 2 spare rooms available for sept 2012 in our house next year! It's an 8 bedroom house £86 a week including bills and broadband, double bed, big living room, 2 mins from uni campus! We're a lovely bunch of peeps as well :biggrin:
Hey - what year are you guys? Im tryin to find people who're startin new like me, and maybe a bit cheaper rent, (although never had a double bed !) but open to anythin :smile:
Original post by rdfresson
Hey im starting at Plymouth uni in september and i am looking at shared houses. Does anyone know the good areas/areas to avoid living in Plymouth? Thanks :smile:

Hello there :smile:

Most students live in/around Mutley Plain and North Hill. There is lots of bars, pubs and shops in this area. Rent for the average student room will be £60-70 for a single and up to £100 for a large double with en-suite. Can get to the uni from these places with 5-20mins...depends how quick you walk. You'll be a short bus ride from town or a 15min walk.

Areas to avoid:

North Prospect - Don't think there is any student lets there, but avoid. It's a large council estate plagued by bad boy chavs :wink:

Barn Barton - It's a dump

Devonport - Not bad in places, but can be a bit iffy.

Stonehouse - Dodgy in places

Union Street - Close to city centre, but this is plymouth main club street, so gets a touch rowdy after 10. Bit of a dump also.

Nicer areas (prices to match)

Mannamead
Compton
Hartley
The Hoe - Will be pricey as by the seaside
West Hoe - I live here. Resedential. Can walk to city centre in 10mins. 20-30mins walk to uni, or 10min bus journey. Touch pricey, but it's pretty dead, so a safe place to live.

Other areas

Stoke - Fairly quiet place
Keyham - Family/residential
Crownhill - Too far out for most students. Quiet though.
Eggbuckland - as above
Cattedown - Closeish to city centre, not much in the way of student lets. There is a lot of private lets there though
Prince Rock - Residential area

Ermm...send us a message if you require any extra info. Lived in Plymouth since 98, so can answer most things.
Reply 5
I live along ladysmith road, lipson and there's quite a few students in the area & the rent is cheaper as its further out! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Peg
Hello!

I have 2 spare rooms available for sept 2012 in our house next year! It's an 8 bedroom house £86 a week including bills and broadband, double bed, big living room, 2 mins from uni campus! We're a lovely bunch of peeps as well :biggrin:

Hello Peg,
I'm a student from the Netherlands and I'm searching for a student room. Maybe you can help me. I'm am 22 and I will study at the university of Plymouth of September - December 2012.
I'm looking forward to you reply.
Mark-Paul
Reply 7
Original post by Tjtdesi
The house I'm living in is up for rent for sept?
It's the nicest house! £88 per week.
x

Hello Tjtdesi,
I'm a student from the Netherlands and I'm searching for a student room. Maybe you can help me. I'm am 22 and I will study at the university of Plymouth of September - December 2012.
I'm looking forward to you reply.
Mark-Paul
mark-paul

Check this website out - www.spareroom.co.uk

Plenty of student houses there.
Reply 9
thanks for the info :smile: having a look around, wish the uni would release their approved accomodation but they wont until my results go through! pfff
Reply 10
I'm looking for people to share with atm, I'm a second year computing student. Room is 90/95 a week ( 95 is kingsize bed mega huge room) pm me if your interested, all bills included too, located 53 furzehill road.
Reply 11
Any female students interested in sharig a house, 2 female master students currently living in a 6 bed house and we would like to find 4 friendly (and tidy) students to live with :smile: let me know. All double bedrooms, £88 per week including all bills! x

Quick Reply