The Student Room Group

We're not that close but, when we're together, we act like a couple...

Just wondering if anyone else can relate to this.

I've know this guy for about 3 or 4 years. We're not that close but, when we're together we get along really well. We don't text or phone each other but my some of my friends are really close to him, so when I go out with them, he's often with them too. He's got a girlfriend (LDR) and, up until March, I had a boyfriend. We've always been quite flirty with each other (which I know is wrong) and, about a fortnight ago, we ended up kissing (which I know is also wrong!)

The thing is, I don't really know how he feels about me! I really like him, but I don't want to say anything as he might just be trying to be friendly. I often get the urge to text him but, as we've hardly text before, I'm worried that he may think that I'm being too upfront/flirty. His girlfriend's is nice enough but they're not really suited! I know that we'd be good together but I feel as though it would be out of line to say anything while he's in a relationship. My friend also LOVE his girlfriend, so I think they'd be really off with me if I caused him to break up with her.

It's so frustrating! We go out, have a really good time together and then don't see each other for about a month :frown:

I guess I'm not really looking for advice (as I know I can't make a move), but I just wondered if anyone else is also in this position?
Reply 1
text him
Reply 2
Tbh, it's not really for you to judge whether him and his girlfriend are suited. At the end of the day, he is with her - not you. He obviously likes her a lot, you should respect that.

It's probably a good thing that you don't see each other often, as it gives you the chance to distance yourself and get over him. Still be there for him as a friend yet you just have to come to the realisation that nothing romatically will come out of it.
Reply 3
Original post by .Scout.
Tbh, it's not really for you to judge whether him and his girlfriend are suited. At the end of the day, he is with her - not you. He obviously likes her a lot, you should respect that.

It's probably a good thing that you don't see each other often, as it gives you the chance to distance yourself and get over him. Still be there for him as a friend yet you just have to come to the realisation that nothing romatically will come out of it.

Thanks for the replies :smile:

Just thought I'd add that he was the one who said that they not very well suited. There are few things that I should've included in the first post but I didn't want to make it too identifiable :redface:
Reply 4
It's like he wants to have his cake and eat it too. It sounds as though he likes you but that he also likes her too. Maybe the fact that they're in a LDR is keeping them together? He doesn't have to bother with her all the time but can get what he wants when he wants it. He can't make a move while he's with her (although it sounds like he already has, by kissing you). Unless he decides to man up, dump her and ask you out, you're probably better off staying away from him.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the replies :smile:

Just thought I'd add that he was the one who said that they not very well suited. There are few things that I should've included in the first post but I didn't want to make it too identifiable :redface:

Ouch, he said that about his own girlfriend? Harsh! Makes me wonder why he is even with her at all. He doesn't sound too bothered about her...
Reply 6
The person above got fingered by hagrid
hey OP i dont really know this situation but i feel for you. You dont know where you stand and tbh I think you should ask him. Its wrong you kissed when he has a girlfriend and thats why you need to have it out with him.

You cant just wait for him to break up with her, tell him that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending