The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Hello all,

With the summer starting to become suffocatingly tedious, I would like to take this opportunity to start the thread for people applying to next summer's IB internships. This thread was created at a similar time last year and with one or two firms opening applications, I feel this is a good time for the discussion to begin.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firms have opened applications?
Original post by miml
Firms have opened applications?

A couple that keep them open all year have started looking at applicants for next year I've heard.
Reply 3
A few firms which offered spring weeks offered some applicants summer 2013 internships.
Reply 4
Yes gangst, they received their offers at the beginning of June
Reply 5
Hi! I'm going to be applying for Spring insights and first-year internships for next summer, I am just going into my second year of a Scottish 4-year degree (first year internships = 1st year of a 3 year degree, 2nd year of a 4 year in case anyone thinks I've left it too late!). I study MA Business and Finance, with mainly finance modules. So far I know E&Y have definitely opened their summer 2013 vacancies and PWC have opened some as well, although these might be mainly graduate placements, I'm not 100% sure!
Reply 6
Hey guys,

I applied for EY UK audit/assurance department and cleared their application, test and first round interview. I have an assessment centre with them on monday and was hoping few of you could share their experiences about the structure and any advice on the stages.

Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by erebus-x
Hey guys,

I applied for EY UK audit/assurance department and cleared their application, test and first round interview. I have an assessment centre with them on monday and was hoping few of you could share their experiences about the structure and any advice on the stages.

Thanks

There is a forum for Finance & Accounting where you should ask about that. This thread is about IB internships.
Anyone going to Citi's talk on Monday?
Reply 9
Where are all you guys applying? And when do the BBs usually start accepting applications?
Reply 10
:biggrin: Hi guys I am preparing to apply for some firms as well. Do any of you know which ones have already opened for application. So far I think only E&Y did so:confused:
Reply 11
afaik firms don't start opening till late Aug/Sept time, with a few exceptions.
Reply 12
Do you guys know if Perella offers summer internships in London ?
Reply 13
Original post by MrCN
:biggrin: Hi guys I am preparing to apply for some firms as well. Do any of you know which ones have already opened for application. So far I think only E&Y did so:confused:

As far as I know, the rest of big 4 are open as well. But isn't this thread for IB applications only?

Original post by magnum206
Do you guys know if Perella offers summer internships in London ?

I remember someone on last year's thread saying they got to some point in the process at PW but not sure how official the internship was (if you need a contact first).
Reply 14
I'll be applying for IBD around Septemberish and was wondering, how much work experience do all you guys have? Just out of interest.
Reply 15
Original post by lilys
As far as I know, the rest of big 4 are open as well. But isn't this thread for IB applications only?

I remember someone on last year's thread saying they got to some point in the process at PW but not sure how official the internship was (if you need a contact first).

Ok, I know they offer off-cycle internships (six months) for French-speaking people, I'll check if they offer summer internships as well.
Reply 16
I think there are still a lot of oppurtunities to be found online, just by searching and making contacts and trying to get unofficially advertised internships.
Does anyone know when BNP Paribas conduct their fast-track interviews/AC?

I thought most did them very early on - maybe only a few weeks after the Spring Week - but I was fast-tracked but have not heard anything else from them.
Reply 18
Is Greenhill open yet? Says on the site that they are opening applications in July, but I can't see a link apart from the freshminds page.

As a heads up Lazard opens on the 1st and Barclays probably will too.
Reply 19
Original post by miml
Barclays probably will too.
I know from HR that they definitly will on August 1st. Does anyone know when the other BB start recruiting ?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending