The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary University Accommodation

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out please. I have a conditional offer from Queen Mary Uni and I have to apply for accommodation soon. I am looking at an en-suite economy room and an en-suite standard room. The economy room can have up to 11 people sharing the kitchen and the standard room can have up to 7 people.

I was wondering what you guys recommend? btw im ill be doing a postgraduate degree.

Scroll to see replies

Postgrads usually get put in Creed Court - the "up to 7" but usually six rooms. Other accomodation is available and a little cheaper - but a little less nice, although it does come with canal views.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Tim147
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out please. I have a conditional offer from Queen Mary Uni and I have to apply for accommodation soon. I am looking at an en-suite economy room and an en-suite standard room. The economy room can have up to 11 people sharing the kitchen and the standard room can have up to 7 people.

I was wondering what you guys recommend? btw im ill be doing a postgraduate degree.

PGs don't get economy, that's only for UGs.
So you only got ensuite standard... just choose that one, should be satisfactory :smile:
Reply 3
I am in a similar position to Tim147.

I have a conditional offer to study undergraduate dentistry at Queen Mary's. I haven't been to any open days, so I am unaware which campus for accomodation would be better - in terms of the campus facilities, the area itself, and the ease at getting to the university (i.e. distance or transport).

If you can offer any help/advice, it would be much appreciated!
Reply 4
Original post by annette2010
PGs don't get economy, that's only for UGs.
So you only got ensuite standard... just choose that one, should be satisfactory :smile:

Is the accommodation mixed or are postgrads together and undergrads together

Do any of you know the average age of postgrads? Do they party as much as undergrads?
Reply 5
Original post by Nijo Bosh
I am in a similar position to Tim147.

I have a conditional offer to study undergraduate dentistry at Queen Mary's. I haven't been to any open days, so I am unaware which campus for accomodation would be better - in terms of the campus facilities, the area itself, and the ease at getting to the university (i.e. distance or transport).

If you can offer any help/advice, it would be much appreciated!

Original post by Tim147
Is the accommodation mixed or are postgrads together and undergrads together

Do any of you know the average age of postgrads? Do they party as much as undergrads?

oh, I'm afraid I forgot to ask Tim what you'll be studying?
Coz medical students are in different campuses...
for mile end campus, you normally get postgrads-only halls, might have some undergrads around, but that's when the school doesn't have any other halls to allocate them...
Average age can vary... my flatmates are from 22 to 30-ish
Well, everyone loves party :P but I think people will try to be considerate, we only party on weekends and never during exam semester... but that's just us, you never know who you might end up with, do you? :frown: Good luck though...
Reply 6
HI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE STUDENT ROOM, I HOPE I'M DOING THIS RIGHT.

I've just been given my confirmation to Varey House at QMUL. I JUST REALLY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WHERE I'LL (HOPEFULLY) BE LIVING.

Is Varey House fun????? I just want to know that I have been put in a fun house, i don't like quietness or boringness.

PLEASE someone tell me things!!
thanks.
Ps I'll be studying modern history.
I'm hopefully starting at QM in September but I've been put in Creed Court which it seems is a post grad hall. Is this true and can I change it If I want?
Reply 8
is Creed Court really for postgrads? Because I've been put there too =___+
Reply 9
I have been placed in to Creed Court too! which Room No are you all in?
hi, i want to ask scan i change the accommodation type after i submit the offer form ?
hi, i want to ask scan i change the accommodation type after i submitted the offer form ?
Original post by MrFlash1994
I'm hopefully starting at QM in September but I've been put in Creed Court which it seems is a post grad hall. Is this true and can I change it If I want?

Original post by krissip0oh
is Creed Court really for postgrads? Because I've been put there too =___+

Original post by smoke1986
I have been placed in to Creed Court too! which Room No are you all in?

it was for postgrads last year, but this year not any more, pg students get Maurice, undergrads get Creed :smile:
Original post by Miley_Nguyen
hi, i want to ask scan i change the accommodation type after i submitted the offer form ?

email them right after, they will help you.
but if you apply now, there wont be much chance of getting in, i'm afraid :smile:
it was for postgrads last year, but this year not any more, pg students get Maurice, undergrads get Creed :smile:

Yay, we'll have housemates our own age! It seems like one of the best halls too.
Yay, we'll have housemates our own age! It seems like one of the best halls too.

it is!!!! i miss my room :frown:((((
hahah postgrads are not that old :wink: some undergrads are even older than me! Good luck though :smile:
it is!!!! i miss my room :frown:((((
hahah postgrads are not that old :wink: some undergrads are even older than me! Good luck though :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 17
That's nice to hear! which Room No are you all in?

I don't think I've got a room number yet, they just said creed court
I don't think I've got a room number yet, they just said creed court

cheers!
room number is in the contract, or in the online system
but just to be safe, dont post it here... :smile:

Quick Reply