The Student Room Group

Most Asians prefer to date have relationships with white/blacks others

I have nothing against interracial relationships and i think they are awesome. I feel both asian girls and guys prefer dating white/black girls and guys and there is nothing wrong with that. However, some rule out dating other asians from the start particularly British Indians, which i find unfair.

It can't all be because we, mostly speaking for asian guys, are ugly because then people from other races wouldnt be attracted.
So for the benefits of reforming ourselves and appearing more attractive..girls, what aspects of asian guys do you not find attractive? what can the improve on to increase attraction?

Please mention concrete things that can be changed not physical attributes like having more attractive "white features" or "black features" like straight nose, being taller, being more masculine etc

Of course asian guys will already have these attributes but for those who don't i would appreciate people's input.

These are some points i can think of
* being more open minded and having less double standards towards our asian female counterparts
* being polite
* not speaking slang
* dressing well

So Asian girls, what do you think we can improve on (in general..) and if asian guys want to comment they can to. I'm more concerned for female responses as i am looking for a female perspective.

Also, how do we post photos i would like to put up a photo and then be criticised and rated. I go to the gym and work out but i am conscious about my skinny legs. Though i am hesitant. I have always been teased about my dark skin colour at school due to racism and i get teased by some light skinned asians as well since im an in between colour. I know females get it worse and i hate this colour racism. I find all colours hot.

Would you find this guy attractive? This is my skin colour. I work out at the gym and i am aiming for Sendhil's type of body.

Incidentally we also have the same time of glasses

I am plagued by insecurity ever since a girl i was with in a long term relationship left me for a white guy ex who expressed interest in her again because their relationship had been incomplete. Then when things didn't work out she wanted to date me again and i really loved her so i thought about it but i was too hurt. She stills stays in contact with me and i cant break friendship off with her.

i feel like im not worthwhile, i feel like i can't offer anything even when i have qualities that girls might life (as my exes have told me) and at the same time i am unable to meet anyone's expectations. I feel suicidal and i feel the world will be better off without me, that i can't meet the expectations of my parents and of any girls i might like. If only there was a pain free way of doing so without hurting my family and friends in the process. I have nothing against white guys dating Indian girls but just my past haunts me. A few days ago she called me and wanted to catch up with me and I have a hard time saying no to her even though I know it’s not wise to pursue anything. It just brought back these feelings for me. I don’t even go clubbing anymore and ive cut myself from social events till I look perfect and desirable again. I go to uni, go to the gym, go to the library to study,work for my dad, cook food at home, play cricket and spend my spare time on tsr.

Please i am looking for constructive advice and not any racist comments against either asian guys and girls as we cannot generalise. Also, i am not obsessed with asian girls and i am open to dating other races. I have heard similar comments from white girls etc that they would not date an indian guy but the fact that most Indian girls think that about Indian guys hurts most because im sure they know good Indian guys in real life, family etc if Indian background girls think this then I can hardly complain of others thinking that.
Although i have dated white girls, indian girls etc so i know this is not true but i still worry if my asianness/indianness will be a turn off and my past relationships have stopped me from being confident. Then i go on the net and type in things that will just make me feel worse like his thread. Then I also read similar comments on tsr and they get me down.

Any advice? Also, how do i put my photo up? im thinking about that because i want to be criticised.

thanks.
Reply 1
i'm not dark Asian, I'm Mongolian, but I don't think ALL Asians don't like Asian boys. But I think maybe because they don't have as much charisma as some white boys or black boys (this can be good, however - sometimes it comes across as cocky). It's like with the French...the majority of 'hot' French boys aren't hot, but they think they are, so we think they are, if you get me?
Original post by Anonymous
I have nothing against interracial relationships and i think they are awesome. I feel both asian girls and guys prefer dating white/black girls and guys and there is nothing wrong with that. However, some rule out dating other asians from the start particularly British Indians, which i find unfair.

It can't all be because we, mostly speaking for asian guys, are ugly because then people from other races wouldnt be attracted.
So for the benefits of reforming ourselves and appearing more attractive..girls, what aspects of asian guys do you not find attractive? what can the improve on to increase attraction?

Please mention concrete things that can be changed not physical attributes like having more attractive "white features" or "black features" like straight nose, being taller, being more masculine etc

Of course asian guys will already have these attributes but for those who don't i would appreciate people's input.

These are some points i can think of
* being more open minded and having less double standards towards our asian female counterparts
* being polite
* not speaking slang
* dressing well

So Asian girls, what do you think we can improve on (in general..) and if asian guys want to comment they can to. I'm more concerned for female responses as i am looking for a female perspective.

Also, how do we post photos i would like to put up a photo and then be criticised and rated. I go to the gym and work out but i am conscious about my skinny legs. Though i am hesitant. I have always been teased about my dark skin colour at school due to racism and i get teased by some light skinned asians as well since im an in between colour. I know females get it worse and i hate this colour racism. I find all colours hot.

Would you find this guy attractive? This is my skin colour. I work out at the gym and i am aiming for Sendhil's type of body.

Incidentally we also have the same time of glasses

I am plagued by insecurity ever since a girl i was with in a long term relationship left me for a white guy ex who expressed interest in her again because their relationship had been incomplete. Then when things didn't work out she wanted to date me again and i really loved her so i thought about it but i was too hurt. She stills stays in contact with me and i cant break friendship off with her.

i feel like im not worthwhile, i feel like i can't offer anything even when i have qualities that girls might life (as my exes have told me) and at the same time i am unable to meet anyone's expectations. I feel suicidal and i feel the world will be better off without me, that i can't meet the expectations of my parents and of any girls i might like. If only there was a pain free way of doing so without hurting my family and friends in the process. I have nothing against white guys dating Indian girls but just my past haunts me. A few days ago she called me and wanted to catch up with me and I have a hard time saying no to her even though I know it’s not wise to pursue anything. It just brought back these feelings for me. I don’t even go clubbing anymore and ive cut myself from social events till I look perfect and desirable again. I go to uni, go to the gym, go to the library to study,work for my dad, cook food at home, play cricket and spend my spare time on tsr.

Please i am looking for constructive advice and not any racist comments against either asian guys and girls as we cannot generalise. Also, i am not obsessed with asian girls and i am open to dating other races. I have heard similar comments from white girls etc that they would not date an indian guy but the fact that most Indian girls think that about Indian guys hurts most because im sure they know good Indian guys in real life, family etc if Indian background girls think this then I can hardly complain of others thinking that.
Although i have dated white girls, indian girls etc so i know this is not true but i still worry if my asianness/indianness will be a turn off and my past relationships have stopped me from being confident. Then i go on the net and type in things that will just make me feel worse like his thread. Then I also read similar comments on tsr and they get me down.

Any advice? Also, how do i put my photo up? im thinking about that because i want to be criticised.

thanks.

Asian girls date white/black because they are ashamed of their own race.
It is a self hate thing, they think by dateing white/black it might give them more status as in "cool" and they might be seen as "less Asian"

I am Asian and I would never date an Asian girl!
Not in a million years, I like my white girls, they are better in bed and not so obsessed with money and less hairy.
Maybe you are just ugly.

I'm pretty sure if you looked like a Bollywood star most girls would jump at the chance to date you. However, you probably just look like a beta Asian male. Note, most White guys look beta and complain about women dating Black men.
Reply 4
Original post by Simplicity
Maybe you are just ugly.

I'm pretty sure if you looked like a Bollywood star most girls would jump at the chance to date you. However, you probably just look like a beta Asian male. Note, most White guys look beta and complain about women dating Black men.

You actually sound like a bb.com miscer.

OP. Be confident and the best person who you can be.

I'm in a rel. with a white girl and I'm of asian/other descent. (Mauritian). I'm not going to rule out dating asian girls, but white women appreciate me more. I'm more "exotic" so to say.
Original post by ct2k7
You actually sound like a bb.com miscer.

OP. Be confident and the best person who you can be.

I'm in a rel. with a white girl and I'm of asian/other descent. (Mauritian). I'm not going to rule out dating asian girls, but white women appreciate me more. I'm more "exotic" so to say.

I go on /fit/ a lot.

Thanks for giving him useless advice. Confidence is a buzz word that is used to make ugly people feel better.

I'm guessing OP is short seeing he is an Asian. I'm guessing he is really dark, which even Asians don't like. Saying confidence is stupid.
Reply 6
Original post by Simplicity
I go on /fit/ a lot.

Thanks for giving him useless advice. Confidence is a buzz word that is used to make ugly people feel better.

I'm guessing OP is short seeing he is an Asian. I'm guessing he is really dark, which even Asians don't like. Saying confidence is stupid.

Yes confidence is a cop-out, but it does help, because it increases self-esteem, or rather that having a better self-esteem will make you seem more confident, and that, you make you somewhat more attractive in terms of personality.
Reply 7
Original post by IgaveUPdrink
It is a self hate thing, they think by dateing white/black it might give them more status as in "cool" and they might be seen as "less Asian"

Not in a million years, I like my white girls, they are better in bed and not so obsessed with money and less hairy.

You seem like a self hater yourself. So aren't you being the hyporcritical double standards asian boy? Yeh asian girls don't have practice because they believe in the double standards that they have to stay virgin for their husband while asian boys are playing the field.
Don't stereotype asian girls because you didn't meet any good ones. There are lots of awesome and wonderful asian girls. Btw, you've probably met British asian girls and not even a representative number. Asian girls have the lowest rate of out of race dating compared to others. You can look at white guys and others posting here they all have complaints about their own race. If people stopped generalising and thinking individually they'd be happier.

Some person can talk about asian guy stereotypes like asian guys having smaller penises, being too feminine and not hairy enough. You're probably the reason asian girls are put off dating asian guys. More white/black guys write threads about indian girls then vice versa so they are clearly attractive to many. Fewer white girls write about how to attract asian guys cos it's probably not that hard. Looking at your superficial behaviour it's good that you plan on dating asian girls. They can do without your superficialness.

I am an asian guy and i know lots of awesome and wonderful asian girls. I have no problem dating an asian girl because not only are they beautiful, they are loyal, know what committment means and are family oriented as well as being independent and career driven. AT the same time i would not rule out a non-asian girl if she meets those requirements.
Original post by ct2k7
Yes confidence is a cop-out, but it does help, because it increases self-esteem, or rather that having a better self-esteem will make you seem more confident, and that, you make you somewhat more attractive in terms of personality.

Confidence helps as does not having double standards and treating women well.
OP sounds like a decent bloke who was in a bad situation but the double standards lots of asian guys have is really sad especially in the UK. If you're not a virgin, don't expect a virgin, don't judge women who have had partners, who are westernised, be romantic and understand her feelings. You have to understand she has probably been subject to double standards from her parents all her life, if you enforce that she's going to be attracted to a more open minded culture, to someone who does not care about her past. Usually asian girls are wonderful and lovely partners and generally if you treat her well you have someone who loves you for life. Just because pepole have met 10 asian girls they stereotype the 600-700 million +population of asian girls.
British Asian guys like that don't deserve a british asian girl. Or any other asian girl.
so sad the comments brit asian guys make. I think i need to export myself to show people what a real asian guy is like. not a wannabe, white washed one is like.

White girls also like asian guys who are true to their roots and don't reject completely their culture..especially the good aspects. obv disregard the bad ones. there's no obligation to follow those. as a white ex told me she found it sexy i knew aspects of asian culture like meanings of songs, how to do yoga and be flexible etc.

If a a British asian is hating of their culture don't call yourself asian. We don't need you. There are enough asian nris who are proud of their identity.
What's with all the insecure Asians on TSR?

OP go to a GP and get some good counselling. You won't find the answers you're looking for here.
Original post by IgaveUPdrink

lol at you hating at your own race and calling asian girls self haters. do you like it when non-asians stereotype you on your penis size, or less hairy and not masculine enough.

Would you like such comments made about your female relatives, your sister, mother etc? Don't make it about any other females then.
Don't stereotype based on the few you've met. I'm sure they didn't represent all brit asian girls let alone asian girls. You know the ones living in asia not to mention other asian girls worldwide. I'm sure the OP did not want that.

Good thing you don't date asian girls. More for the rest of us. Good asian girls should only date good asian boys if they want to date asians. Incidentally more non-asians date out then asians, are they self haters too? More asian guys date out then females, they must be self haters too.

im an asian guy and i respect a lot of the asian females i know-like my friends and my relatives etc. Most don't think like the OP's ex and i'm not going to assume.
Reply 11
Original post by sotrulybeautiful
Confidence helps as does not having double standards and treating women well.

It does help, to a certain extent, but that's all it can do, provide support.
er... well i am asian and i dont like asian guys... its probably because i am a 'rebelling' teenager and my family expect me to marry an asian so i completley rule out the idea.
i dont find asian guys unattractive i just hate the whole cultural values i guess...
seriously, you need some help... see your GP
Reply 13
Original post by unicorn king
er... well i am asian and i dont like asian guys... its probably because i am a 'rebelling' teenager and my family expect me to marry an asian so i completley rule out the idea.
i dont find asian guys unattractive i just hate the whole cultural values i guess...
seriously, you need some help... see your GP

Just like your not into the cultural part of it asian guys might not be either.
Not all asian guys are the same or like your parents.

would you really say no to any of these guys

John Abraham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS1xfZvM1Sw&feature=autoplay&list=UUqwjToWeEAzlrgZGktsyaRw&playnext=1
Hrithik Roshan he has an awesome personality as well..i know cos my mates met him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPeyfb_V3Nc&feature=autoplay&list=UUqwjToWeEAzlrgZGktsyaRw&playnext=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAnbeqTSeXw&feature=fvst

manpreet kahlon indian guy from san francisco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCR_P1n8Zc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvluvDAtddo&feature=related part1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRF4Or2oRJI&feature=mr_meh&list=UUqwjToWeEAzlrgZGktsyaRw&playnext=0 Rishi Idnani Us born Indian guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiviurrIPrk&feature=autoplay&list=UUqwjToWeEAzlrgZGktsyaRw&playnext=1 Vishal Karwal Indian drama actor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSUGCW7jybk&feature=autoplay&list=UUqwjToWeEAzlrgZGktsyaRw&playnext=2 Maradone Rebello 22 yr old Indian guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5iOEU7S8nM&feature=autoplay&list=UUqwjToWeEAzlrgZGktsyaRw&playnext=4 Denham Ravi Indian-Australian guy sri lankan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGXLR2hKHI8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLBBED804FC5CB8DC8

Quick Reply