The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Engineering 12/13

Hi all, anybody else doing engineering at UWE this year? It seems to be only design and accounting students on here :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Electrical and Electronic Engineering

What engineering course are you doing ?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Mechanical engineering, was hoping to hear from some others doing it or aerospace/motorsport. No offence :smile: just electrical and mechanical are very different
Reply 3
No problem !
At least we are in the same department :smile:
Reply 4
I have it as my insurance in aerospace :smile: might end up coming here after my maths exam :P
Reply 5
Im going to studying aeronautical engineering
Reply 6
Aerospace engineering as my insurance but will most probably come to UWE as I really don't think i've got into my first choice.
Reply 7
what was your first choice? have u applied for accommodation yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5360
Reply 8
Leicester, Nope can't apply for accommodation until I fully accept UWE after results day annoyingly. UWE your first choice?
Reply 9
I applied to Leicester last year but messed up my physics, so took UWE, as my backup i couldnt find any accommodation though, at all, so had to defer to this year and take the higher tuition fees :/
Reply 10
yeah physics is difficult. Really? Thats what i'm worried about, there's going to be no accommodation anywhere. Applying on results day....bit last minute.
Reply 11
well good luck, I'm sure u will get a course, just accommodation that will be hard. uwe was my first choice btw

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5360
Reply 12
Original post by A_monty
yeah physics is difficult. Really? Thats what i'm worried about, there's going to be no accommodation anywhere. Applying on results day....bit last minute.

Yeah i missed the grade my 2% but hey ho its the past, don't try to apply for frenchay because it will be gone, ask them if you can go anywhere that isn't normally engineering like fishponds, but id probably get straight onto the private accommodation in Bristol as it sells out fast!

Anyway be positive and hope you get into Leicester because its a really nice uni, the engineering building is insane, i.m guessing you've been to see it?
Reply 13
I'm surprised they didn't take you with only 2% off, were your other grades okay? Yeah i've been looking at fishponds area, its only a short walk from frenchay so its not too bad. The problem with private accommodation is there's hardly any near the campus, majority of it is all in the city center, however if that's all there is its better than nothing.
Yeah I was really impressed with Leicester, nice uni and really good facilities. Plus the accommodation is a far cheaper.
Reply 14
i'm doing the engineering foundation :smile:
Reply 15
Hey im doing foundation engineering! Is it really that hard to find accomodation on results day? Uh ohhhhh
Reply 16
Original post by mariaking
Hey im doing foundation engineering! Is it really that hard to find accomodation on results day? Uh ohhhhh

I have no idea :/ ive got a place in halls if i get the right results. Is ur offer conditional?
Reply 17
Original post by minidoofy
I have no idea :/ ive got a place in halls if i get the right results. Is ur offer conditional?

Yeah I need minimum 180 points :biggrin: where you coming from?
Reply 18
Original post by mariaking
Yeah I need minimum 180 points :biggrin: where you coming from?

Same for me. I'm so nervous about results :frown: i'm from Plymouth. You?
Reply 19
We'll kickass I'm sure! I'm just hoping my physics doesn't let me down....... bleh :biggrin: cool! swansea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest