The Student Room Group

18 yr/old male - Virginity Anxiety

I'm 18 and 2 months and still a virgin. This is for two reasons:
1) I didn't get very good at talking to girls, etc. until recently.
2) More importantly, I had a very tight foreskin which made it really uncomfortable and embarrassing to pursue any opportunities in the first place.

But now I'm seeing this girl who I'm more than likely gonna have sex with quite soon. Trouble is, she's not a virgin and I am.

I'm just worried how I should play it? :frown: I'll probably just tell her the truth, as I do have a genuine excuse as to why I haven't so far. I just don't wanna put it off cause I really fancy this girl.

Please Help!
Why tell her? I'd suggest you to do your thing without telling her, there would be 3 possible outcomes :

1°) Your lack of experience is obvious and she'll ask if you're a virgin, she won't mind
2°) You become nervous, in this case get it off your chest, she won't mind.
3°) You rock this like a po*nstar, she won't even notice.
I'm pretty sure she won't mind. It's not uncommon for 18 year olds to be virgins after all.
Reply 3
I don't think she'd mind, I guess it's just more of an ego thing cause it makes me feel inadequate? I'm glad to know other people think it's not too bad of a situation. As I said, if I didn't have that problem then I would have done it a while ago. :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think she'd mind, I guess it's just more of an ego thing cause it makes me feel inadequate? I'm glad to know other people think it's not too bad of a situation. As I said, if I didn't have that problem then I would have done it a while ago. :colondollar:

Well everyone has to start sometime don't they? Don't let yourself feel inadequate because it.
Reply 5
I honestly don't think she'll care :smile: I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. I certainly wouldn't be bothered if someone I was about to have sex with told me they were a virgin. I think I'd find it rather exciting.
I wouldn't mind a guy to be a virgin or whether he told me or not. (I say this like I be getting me some strange a lot, but alas no, happy monogamous relationship :P). I suppose it would take the pressure off a bit! BUt I'd totally understand if he didn't want to say :smile:
Reply 7
You should definitely tell her. If you love her and she loves you then she will feel trusted that you told her, sex is about trust as well as desire. Not telling her could also make the experience more nerve-wraking and less enjoyable for both parties. Be open, be safe, and make sure you take it slowly and when you are ready.
Simple answer; Don't think do.

It'll get you far with this sort of thing believe me
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 and 2 months and still a virgin. This is for two reasons:
1) I didn't get very good at talking to girls, etc. until recently.
2) More importantly, I had a very tight foreskin which made it really uncomfortable and embarrassing to pursue any opportunities in the first place.

But now I'm seeing this girl who I'm more than likely gonna have sex with quite soon. Trouble is, she's not a virgin and I am.

I'm just worried how I should play it? :frown: I'll probably just tell her the truth, as I do have a genuine excuse as to why I haven't so far. I just don't wanna put it off cause I really fancy this girl.

Please Help!

I'm exactly the same mate. I'm 18 and haven't pursued any sexual relationships because I have a tight foreskin and don't want to embarrass myself.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the problem fixed?

Quick Reply