The Student Room Group

Is it true that confidence is the main point of attraction for girls?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Confidence can sometimes overshadow physical attributes, I can't say I speak for every girl,we all have our own perceptions of 'confidence'
But yea, confidence is good..really good
Just not OTT though.
:teeth:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT18i
Reply 21
It's a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as....

parklife.
Reply 22
Original post by Simplicity
1341781882196.jpg

Confidence is a lie people say to ugly people.

That's not fair. I'm sure if anyone did that, they'd eventually find someone who'd be happy to reply. And the end girl didn't like it so it's obviously not "100% looks" as the picture said. Also, how do we know they didn't do this to 5000 girls and those 3 are the only ones who wanted it?

Think about how many ugly guys you see with amazingly attractive girls and vice versa. One thing those guys have in common is confidence in who they are and what they look like.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, firstly I'd just like to say I'm not a 'player' or anything, I like to treat girls with respect and I like to think I'm a nice and respectable guy.

Now i'm 18 years old, and I've had a girlfriend of 6 months when I was 17, which was when I lost my virginity. I started going out with her just before my 17th birthday, and she also happened to be my first kiss. Before that, I was always shy around girls, never had any luck and hardly ever talked to girls if at all. I don't think I'm good looking at all, in some pictures from parties and stuff I look very ugly, yet when I look in the mirror or in some photos I think I look above average looks wise.

Now i'd say my first girlfriend looks wise was about an 8/10, she was very pretty, and since then I have been with quite a few other girls as my confidence has built, and all of the time they have been very pretty girls. I've recently come back from a lads holiday where I got with 5 girls who were all at least a 6 or 7 out of 10, and even though I regret it, I did end up having sex with one of them.

The thing is that since my first girlfriend, I have confidence with girls now, I try and make conversation with them, and when I go to clubs I dance like a crazy guy - but the girls seem to like that. I just don't understand how I am doing it though, because honestly I don't think i'm anything amazing looks wise, I know a lot of people will say 'looks don't matter' but in the club environment on holiday where the majority of girls are just looking to pull, they will usually go for the hotter ones.

Girls, do you think that confidence is the most important thing? And to guys who are having problems out there - I was in the same position 2 years ago but it seems that being confident has helped so much.

Looks and money are but you need confidence to seal the deal
Reply 24
Original post by Lucia.
Confidence is attractive to anyone, male or female. But it has to be real and not fake confidence. So it can't be a facade. It has to be deep-rooted.

not sure about this, in that case 90% of men wouldn't get with women. Most men put on confidence, you have to. A lot of men might not feel confident for whatever reason, whether it be the way they look, their geekiness etc.
1341781882196.jpg

That's cos the second guy looks like a creep in the second picture.
Reply 26
Original post by Lucia.
Confidence is attractive to anyone, male or female. But it has to be real and not fake confidence. So it can't be a facade. It has to be deep-rooted.

It doesn't need to be real confidence. You just need to create the illusion of confidence.

In any case, the most attractive thing for most girls is to be physically attractive.
1341781882196.jpg

Not true. All that stuff on that link about women liking a guy with money isn't true for a lot of women either. I don't think me or any of my friends have ever been with a guy because he has lots of money.
Reply 28
1341781882196.jpg

I can't believe thats true? I dont want to believe thats true for sake of humanity,lol
Reply 29
Original post by hiding12
I can't believe thats true? I dont want to believe thats true for sake of humanity,lol

It is quite true tbh, strangely, if an attractive guy comes across as arrogant, it seems almost impressive and acceptable, whereas if a less fortunate looking guy approaches you overly-confidently, it doesn't quite have the same effect. It's like good looks subconsciously suggest confidence. Therefore to go against this is at first odd, but doesn't mean to say that not being good-looking means you'll have less confidence.

I think only girls would understand from the chat-room example given.
Reply 30
Original post by QTpie118
It is quite true tbh, strangely, if an attractive guy comes across as arrogant, it seems almost impressive and acceptable, whereas if a less fortunate looking guy approaches you overly-confidently, it doesn't quite have the same effect. It's like good looks subconsciously suggest confidence. Therefore to go against this is at first odd, but doesn't mean to say that not being good-looking means you'll have less confidence.

That's a very honest opinion. Don't fall into the trap like: Guys who are attractive to women are usually cocky and abusive like Tucker Max. Truth is that most of these guys are themselves quite handsome, above average height. Their superior physical attribute affords them to be such an ass, and yet girls still dig them.

You should take care of your look and bolster your strong points if you are looking for quick laid, since women choose guys for short flings based on your look, and very little from your personality. Personality is something that is more useful more long-term relationship.

Back to confidence, the kind of confidence you are looking for is sexual confidence. A guy can be very confident at work, and yet still have tremendous anxiety when facing the weaker sex. Continuing going out and having fun with women, you will obtain this kind of confidence.
Reply 31

It just looked fake but it might well be true. I feel its a shame for women that a lot of them miss out on decent men because they reject him for not being 'hot' on first meeting. Im not saying all girls are like this but a lot do just seem to have really **** taste in men, choosing one of those ***** and then complaining about men, its so pathetic.
Reply 32
Original post by hiding12
It just looked fake but it might well be true. I feel its a shame for women that a lot of them miss out on decent men because they reject him for not being 'hot' on first meeting. Im not saying all girls are like this but a lot do just seem to have really **** taste in men, choosing one of those ***** and then complaining about men, its so pathetic.

Yeah, it does look fake actually. But still, it demonstrates how shallow some girls can be.
Reply 33
Yeah, it does look fake actually. But still, it demonstrates how shallow some girls can be.

Might be real though, some girls are very shallow but then again there are prob as many shallow men as well
It's not hard to message a load of girls saying 'I wanna lick you' and only choose the ones who respond. However there is an element of truth to it, some girls will let good looking lads get away with things that average looking guys wont.

It's the same the other way around though.

A perfect example: For some reason I'm not very approachable, as every so often a girl will come up to me and say 'my mate thinks your fit, will you talk to her?'. I'm 24 not 16, I'm not going to find this very attractive. So if the friend isn't my type I'll be polite, talk to her for a bit and leave thinking she's awkward. However if the friend is hot I'll think aww she's just shy, I'll sort that out and go flirt with her.
Original post by FrostyLemon
It's not hard to message a load of girls saying 'I wanna lick you' and only choose the ones who respond. However there is an element of truth to it, some girls will let good looking lads get away with things that average looking guys wont.

It's the same the other way around though.

A perfect example: For some reason I'm not very approachable, as every so often a girl will come up to me and say 'my mate thinks your fit, will you talk to her?'. I'm 24 not 16, I'm not going to find this very attractive. So if the friend isn't my type I'll be polite, talk to her for a bit and leave thinking she's awkward. However if the friend is hot I'll think aww she's just shy, I'll sort that out and go flirt with her.

haha mate you look a little like gaz from geordie shore!
Original post by 9MmBulletz
haha mate you look a little like gaz from geordie shore!

Don't watch it mate sorry lol, but I googled him and he has nicer tits than I do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending