Any Essex Uni Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MissD
:wink::smile:Yay!

I firmed Essex for Biomed?
Anyone else?

Original post by JoshMundy
I've accepted my unconditional offer to study Biomed... Can't wait :biggrin: I'm stuck on which accommodation to apply for. I really like the Quays and the Towers but I just can't make my mind up! Any advice guys? :smile:

Original post by neom
I did too! :biggrin:

Yay! More Biomed people!

I'm just waiting for my last choice to get back to me, but I shall my firming my unconditional offer from Essex :biggrin:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 61
I might be a prospective student of Essex. - for Biomedical Science :h:
Does this course allow a year abroad/placement year?
Could anyone describe the life , teaching , research , academic quality etc of Essex?
Everyone seems to be going in for Biomed !! No one for Advertising ?? :frown:
:biggrin:
Reply 64
hmm, i applied for computer science and after Essex has dropped in the tables i am having second thoughts, how can they be below hertfordshire? da fuq happened?

i have met the requirements, and thinking of applying to UEA.

how can i get them to cancel so i can do clearing?
Reply 65
Mystro, you can only cancel after you receive your exam results in August.
Reply 66
aww :frown: thanks mate.
Original post by Mystro
hmm, i applied for computer science and after Essex has dropped in the tables i am having second thoughts, how can they be below hertfordshire? da fuq happened?

don't go by league table, so many things can affect those
Original post by Mystro

Hiya. Also doing Computer Science :smile: I like how both that and Engineering is combined, should be fun stuff.

Really? I don't think it's as bad, it's 20th on the 'Computer Science' league table as far as I know. Good luck in the future if you change your mind though, if not see you there.
Reply 69
Original post by Unientry2012
Hiya. Also doing Computer Science :smile: I like how both that and Engineering is combined, should be fun stuff.

Really? I don't think it's as bad, it's 20th on the 'Computer Science' league table as far as I know. Good luck in the future if you change your mind though, if not see you there.

nah i decided its still all good, and i will learn Spanish at the same time :biggrin:

hey mate hopefully i will see you there, i do have a conditional offer.. so i am a bit scared.

good luck to you too
Reply 70
My advice to freshers about accom - stay in South Courts (if you can afford it) if not, South Towers (social life is better than in North towers)

If you're staying anywhere other then South Towers, make friend with the people in South Towers and go to their parties. Just as much fun, and you dont have to deal with the mess in the morn and peoples sick in the shared bathrooms (there is only so much the cleaners will put up with.)

Have fun, it's an amazing uni, you will love it! See you in Oct!! :smile:

--- Any qus about the Eng Lit course or modules/ nightlife/ people ect. Just quote me :smile: -----
Reply 71
Just officially accepted my offer :biggrin:
Reply 72
Hey,
I've firmed Sociology at Essex. Colchester campus :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by Unientry2012

Just to repeat that I also like the engineering combined bit :smile: which is one of the reasons it stood out for me compared to my other options.
Original post by spasmos
My advice to freshers about accom - stay in South Courts (if you can afford it) if not, South Towers (social life is better than in North towers)

Thats a bit subjected
Reply 75
Original post by Mystro

Don't listen to the tables much. They're hugely flawed.

Part of Essex's flaw is that it takes on a massive cohort of foreign students, especially for the sciences, who then never get back to the University to report their whereabouts. It just so happens, however, that the foreign students tend to be the best, for whatever reason; thus you have a massive chunk of your best students going missing.

I can't say much for computer science, I just know it's a good department.
Reply 76
Thanks for the info guys :smile: Glad to see so many fellow Biomeds :tongue: I've decided to go for south courts. Can't wait now soooooooo excited! :biggrin:
Reply 77
Original post by CUFCDan
Don't listen to the tables much. They're hugely flawed.

Part of Essex's flaw is that it takes on a massive cohort of foreign students, especially for the sciences, who then never get back to the University to report their whereabouts. It just so happens, however, that the foreign students tend to be the best, for whatever reason; thus you have a massive chunk of your best students going missing.

I can't say much for computer science, I just know it's a good department.

haha that's mental, loads of people coming on student visas then running off.

when you think of Essex and UEA people say UEA is Great it should be in Russell group, people just say essex is all right,
but ive decided to stay there, close to my house, great people, free language course, haven't applied for accommodation in UEA so it would be stressful, ill switch on second year :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Mystro
haha that's mental, loads of people coming on student visas then running off.

when you think of Essex and UEA people say UEA is Great it should be in Russell group, people just say essex is all right,
but ive decided to stay there, close to my house, great people, free language course, haven't applied for accommodation in UEA so it would be stressful, ill switch on second year :biggrin:

I've not really heard anyone say that :P Anyway, it does depend on what you're gonna study. Certainly I think something like politics you'd be better off at Essex. Besides, I just googled the employment prospects of computer science - from UEA it's 55% in a grad job, Essex it's 75%. I don't pay a huge amount of attention to tables, but that's a large jump.

And yeah, the free language courses they've just released is a huge bonus.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
How long did it take to hear what accommodation you had been allocated? I applied for South Courts today and I have firmed an unconditional offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest