The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

I think we currently lack cover up front and in the wide areas, should be fine at the back, especially if naughton stays.

Thinking about it, how many wide players do we actually have atm? Bale, Lennon, townsend, Pienaar (?)

I'm thinking pienaar will be leaving soon anyhow.
Twitter is saying Ledley is set to retire. Very sad :frown:
Reply 2102
@Glennith: We have Danny Rose as well, although he seems to play more as a left back now...

@rockrunride: He was an outstanding player at his prime, but retirements best for him. Would be nice to see him rejoin as a defensive coach, I'm sure he could do wonders in that role!
Reply 2103
Original post by SandyN
@Glennith: We have Danny Rose as well, although he seems to play more as a left back now...

@rockrunride: He was an outstanding player at his prime, but retirements best for him. Would be nice to see him rejoin as a defensive coach, I'm sure he could do wonders in that role!

:football:

Quick tip - you can 'quote' people using the button that says so at the bottom of posts. :yy:
Man, our online ticketing servers are ****e.
Reply 2105
Original post by Abiraleft
:football:

Quick tip - you can 'quote' people using the button that says so at the bottom of posts. :yy:

Cheers :biggrin:
Gylfi's goal tonight was :coma: though he wouldn't get the time to turn in the box like that in a competitive match.

Andros Townsend was phenomenal, man of the match.
Ledley has retired due to injury :frown: Hope we give him a testimonial...
Reply 2108

What a tackle this was.
Shame to see King retire, great defender
Can't believe King's retired. You's should have just kept him but as a player/coach. When he's fit he's Englands best centre back. Even if he can only play 10 games a season.
Reply 2111
Original post by Vintage
Can't believe King's retired. You's should have just kept him but as a player/coach. When he's fit he's Englands best centre back. Even if he can only play 10 games a season.

I think the emphasis is on the word 'retired'. If we were able to have 'kept' him playing, we would have.
Reply 2112
If you're reading this( You never know tehe) Thank you Mr Ledley Brenton King for the many years at Tottenham. True servant to not only to us, but to English football. He shares one of the many rare gifts he has, and that is loyalty. Never complained, never threw an ego-filled tantrum when things weren't going his way, nothing that I can remember and stayed true to Tottenham through thick and thin. Bit like that lad Scholes at Manchester. Deserved more caps for England too.

Caulker is waiting to fill your boots...
I would like to see more of Caulker too. ^^^
Original post by SandyN

I'm not a fan of Danny Rose in all honesty, would rather see GDS given a chance, or townsend who has two good feet.

Absolutely distraught to see King go, I literally grew up alongside him as THE centre back.

Besides, any player who partners Gary Doherty in defence and still gets international call ups must be pretty decent.
Reply 2115
long live the king
Original post by Glennith
I'm not a fan of Danny Rose in all honesty, would rather see GDS given a chance, or townsend who has two good feet.

Absolutely distraught to see King go, I literally grew up alongside him as THE centre back.

Besides, any player who partners Gary Doherty in defence and still gets international call ups must be pretty decent.

:awesome:

Not to mention Chris Perry, Ramon Vega, Ben Thatcher..

Townsend was class on Wednesday. Would really love to see him break into the first team, though I fear it's another loan job for him. Hopefully if he does go he'll get a PL move.
Original post by rockrunride
:awesome:

Not to mention Chris Perry, Ramon Vega, Ben Thatcher..

Townsend was class on Wednesday. Would really love to see him break into the first team, though I fear it's another loan job for him. Hopefully if he does go he'll get a PL move.

The Ginger Pelé.

And Anthony Gardener. Sure we only bought him because he was tall.

Should have kept him for the 2nd half of last season IMO, but i guess he wouldn't have had much game time given we had a manager absolutely determined to not rotate.
Original post by Glennith

GDS is looking pretty certain to be heading to Spain which is frustrating :/ We desperately need cover out wide, even Townsend and Rose are both left sided players. :/ Problem is anyone who joins knows they'll be cover and spend most of the season on the bench, Bale and Lennon are undoubtably our starters.
I'm sure GDS has been in the process of leaving for about 2 years.

I'd like us to hang onto him till at least january, maybe AVB can get something decent out of him?

that is if we have space in the squad

Quick Reply

Latest