The Student Room Group

Dentistry at UEM, Valencia

Hey guys,
I'm going to Valencia in September to study Dentistry, in English, at UEM. I'm quite nervous about going abroad and would be good to speak to people in the same position, before we go.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,
I have an offer too and will be moving out in September. How are you feeling for it? I know moving abroad sounds like a major deal but I've checked out the Uni and Valencia, and I have to say it doesn't seem bad at all! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by suzzyp123
Hey,
I have an offer too and will be moving out in September. How are you feeling for it? I know moving abroad sounds like a major deal but I've checked out the Uni and Valencia, and I have to say it doesn't seem bad at all! :smile:

Hey,

What was it like when you saw it? I'm excited to go but nervous about moving to Spain! I've never learnt Spanish before either..
Enjoy. VLC is an absolute gem. Rent is a steal compared to practically everywhere in the UK, and the city's not too pricey and always alive.
Reply 4
Original post by jp55
Hey,

What was it like when you saw it? I'm excited to go but nervous about moving to Spain! I've never learnt Spanish before either..

It was really good! Went to check out the Dental school where we have classes and practical work, everything is modern, the whole building itself is only one years old! I haven't learnt Spanish before either but we get taught it alongside Dentistry so we that can communicate with patients in the fourth year, so shouldn't be too bad.. Have you sorted your accommodation out yet?
Reply 5
Original post by rockrunride
Enjoy. VLC is an absolute gem. Rent is a steal compared to practically everywhere in the UK, and the city's not too pricey and always alive.

Sounds great! Yeah I've heard rents is very cheap compared to the UK, I have a friend in Valencia who is paying 200 euros a month for a really nice place so thats pretty good
Reply 6
Original post by suzzyp123
It was really good! Went to check out the Dental school where we have classes and practical work, everything is modern, the whole building itself is only one years old! I haven't learnt Spanish before either but we get taught it alongside Dentistry so we that can communicate with patients in the fourth year, so shouldn't be too bad.. Have you sorted your accommodation out yet?

Wow ok cool, sounds perfect. I haven't sorted it yet because the agency that I went through have said that they will put me in contact with an estate agent - so i'm leaving it with them really! What about you?
Reply 7
Original post by jp55
Wow ok cool, sounds perfect. I haven't sorted it yet because the agency that I went through have said that they will put me in contact with an estate agent - so i'm leaving it with them really! What about you?

Yeah same, the agent helps you out with accommodation so I'll just get help from them and take it from there! :smile:
Reply 8
hey guys Im currently in year 12 and also looking to do dentistry next year! i heard about UEM, do you mind telling me what grades you got in AS?
Reply 9
also did you have to do an admission exam?
Reply 10
Original post by abzman619
also did you have to do an admission exam?

Hey, my grades are ABB. I didn't have to do an admission exam - just sent in an application form and certificates
Reply 11
Original post by jp55
Hey, my grades are ABB. I didn't have to do an admission exam - just sent in an application form and certificates

Oh really? I thought you had to do an admission exam? Have you seen the campus? What do you think of it duuuude?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
Original post by abzman619
Oh really? I thought you had to do an admission exam? Have you seen the campus? What do you think of it duuuude?

No there wasn't an admissions exam.. Yeah i went to see it - was impressed. The facilities were pretty modern too which i liked. But best bit was that its in central Valencia so near shops, clubs and restaurants etc
Reply 13
Original post by jp55
No there wasn't an admissions exam.. Yeah i went to see it - was impressed. The facilities were pretty modern too which i liked. But best bit was that its in central Valencia so near shops, clubs and restaurants etc

UEM is sounding very tempting, I spoke with admission office today and they said you can get in with BBB which is a lot easier that over here.

Reply 14
Suzzyp123 and jp55 hey guys,

I also hold an offer for the course at UEM. I'm seriously considering taking it as I failed to get in here through UCAS.

I'm going to an open day there on Tuesday 3rd of July, anyone else going that day? Would be good to get to know anyone thinking of moving before hand :smile: x
Reply 15
hey sorry havent been using student room alot recently, been busy! but yeah, do check it out, im sure youll like the facilities they have there, they really are top notch! let me know what you decide to do in the end, if you take up an offer let me know and well sort something out before hand :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by rockrunride

Dude, are you even sure these people are fo'real?

They all pretty much have equal number of posts, I think they're just trying to advertise UEM.

People on internet tend to do that on sites like value md. It's hard to tell if you're talking to a legit person or not.
Reply 17
Hey guys, i also just recently confirmed my place at UEM. Would love to get in touch with people who are going and those others who are interested.

I flew out in March time to check out the University and Valencia itself, and must say it is amazing.

If you have any questions il also be happy to answer!
any current students from UEM Valencia dentistry?

as far as i understand, the course has only been going one year.

it's a private university but according to NARIC, it is approved.

there used to be a full international university list on GDC (gen. dental council) website but it's no longer there.

it's in europe so should be fine to come back to uk and apply for VT, but it would be nice to get something in writing from GDC before signing up.

anyone who is confirmed to start this september have any concerns? or comments, as i'm interested myself.

thanks
Reply 19
Hi guys, I recently received my offer to study dentistry at UEM this September and just want to know when people are planning to move out to Valencia and what the start date for the course is? Oh and which agencies did you guys go through if you dont mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest