The Student Room Group

Is the UK preparing for war or for the Olympic Games?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingsholmmad
The Cabinet Office know a lot more about terrorism and risks to Britain than you do. Do not make yourself look stupid by trying to deny it. They reckon that any terrorist attack is just as likely to be instigated by the Irish or by animal rights activists as by Muslims. You need to grow up, understand how bigotted you are and do something about it.

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sites/default/files/resources/CO_NationalRiskRegister_2012_acc.pdf

Rubbish,the army are not out there to prevent attacks from Animal rights activists, and the IRA no longer exist. It is Muslims, I know it and everyone else knows it.
Original post by Bronze Thistle
Rubbish,the army are not out there to prevent attacks from Animal rights activists, and the IRA no longer exist. It is Muslims, I know it and everyone else knows it.

You speak a lot of sense. :yy:
Reply 62
Original post by Harry Callahan
Original post by Piprod01

Original post by Perseveranze

He's right, though. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.
Except, 99.3% terrorists are Non-Muslim.

Today, I’d like to update our readers with new Europol data: the data for 2009 and 2010 is now available.

Once again, a minuscule percentage of terrorist attacks in Europe were committed by Muslims. In 2009 and 2010, there were a grand total of 543 terrorist attacks, of which only 4 were committed by Muslims. This means that only 0.7% of terrorist attacks–again, less than 1%–were committed by Muslims.

Meanwhile, in that same time frame, separatist groups in Europe committed 397 terrorist attacks, or 73% of terrorist attacks overall. In other words, separatist groups committed 99.2 times (almost 100 times) more terrorist attacks than Muslims.

Another 85 attacks were committed by left-wing groups, accounting for about 16% of terrorist attacks overall.

Here is the data for 2009:

And for 2010:

In the 2010 report, the annex contains a summary of the results from the previous and current years:

(Due to size constraints, the table is a bit difficult to read here; you can see the actual report here.)

This “mega-table” shows that from 2007 to 2009, out of 1,317 terrorist attacks only 3 of them were committed by Muslims. From a percentage standpoint, that means only about 0.2% of terrorist attacks in Europe were committed by Muslims in those years–again, far less than 1%.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/11/updated-europol-data-less-than-1-of-terrorist-attacks-by-muslims/

You must be a Muslim, considering you defend them so vehemently.

What a great retort to facts and figures you've got there. In no way does it look like you're butthurt in the first degree!
/sarcasm

It doesn't specify what sort of attacks they were, though. They certainly weren't highly publicised. When I say terrorist attacks, I refer to considerable news stories, e.g. 9/11, 7/7, and other attacks, not spraying graffiti on a wall.

BTW, please don't use the word 'butthurt'; it really is a ****-ish Yank phrase.

I'll use whatever words I like. "Yank" is a demeaning term for an American; maybe you should stop using the term.

So the facts and figures you've used to support your initial claim is exactly zero. Perseveranze gave some figures which contradicted you, then you come along and say that doesn't count because it's not on the TV.

But since I need only one example of a non-muslamic terrorist that's been on the TV; Brevik is a really obvious.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'll use whatever words I like. "Yank" is a demeaning term for an American; maybe you should stop using the term.

So the facts and figures you've used to support your initial claim is exactly zero. Perseveranze gave some figures which contradicted you, then you come along and say that doesn't count because it's not on the TV.

But since I need only one example of a non-muslamic terrorist that's been on the TV; Brevik is a really obvious.

Use whatever words you like; it'll only make you look a **** anyway. I know 'Yank' is a demeaning term, that's why I'm using it.

I was primarily on about terrorists that are a threat to the UK. Breivik wasn't, and isn't.
Reply 64
Use whatever words you like; it'll only make you look a **** anyway. I know 'Yank' is a demeaning term, that's why I'm using it.

I was primarily on about terrorists that are a threat to the UK. Breivik wasn't, and isn't.
He's right, though. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.

No you weren't, you were actually making a very clear claim. Which was later backed when you said:
It doesn't specify what sort of attacks they were, though. They certainly weren't highly publicised. When I say terrorist attacks, I refer to considerable news stories, e.g. 9/11, 7/7, and other attacks, not spraying graffiti on a wall.

9/11 didn't occur in the UK. You'll gladly use specific international examples in an attempt to back up your claim, but as soon as I use one... suddenly they don't count any more.

I'd also like to point out you still haven't backed up your initial statement with anything more than, watch the TV.
(edited 11 years ago)
No you weren't, you were actually making a very clear claim. Which was later backed when you said:

9/11 didn't occur in the UK. You'll gladly use specific international examples in an attempt to back up your claim, but as soon as I use one... suddenly they don't count any more.

I'd also like to point out you still haven't backed up your initial statement with anything more than, watch the TV.

I know 9/11 didn't occur in the UK, but it's a major terrorist attack that affected the UK.

I can't be arsed arguing with you anyway, you'll just continue to deny it.

Yer see, I warned you not to make yourself look like a plonker but no, you had to do it. Well, now that you've proved that you're every bit as stupid and bigotted as Harry C so I think I'll just leave the two of you to your cosy (but ignorant) little anti-Muslim love-in.
Original post by kingsholmmad
Yer see, I warned you not to make yourself look like a plonker but no, you had to do it. Well, now that you've proved that you're every bit as stupid and bigotted as Harry C so I think I'll just leave the two of you to your cosy (but ignorant) little anti-Muslim love-in.

LOL ..... Ironic seeing how Muslims are the most bigoted,anti-homosexual, anti-women, anti-semetic, intolerant people that exist on this earth.
LOL ..... Ironic seeing how Muslims are the most bigoted,anti-homosexual, anti-women, anti-semetic, intolerant people that exist on this earth.

:biggrin:
Reply 69
I know 9/11 didn't occur in the UK, but it's a major terrorist attack that affected the UK.

I can't be arsed arguing with you anyway, you'll just continue to deny it.:smug:

Harry Callahan triumphantly declares that I am not worth his time because he can't be bothered actually supporting his wild claim with anything more substantial than suggest we watch the TV.
Harry Callahan triumphantly declares that I am not worth his time because he can't be bothered actually supporting his wild claim with anything more substantial than suggest we watch the TV.

LOL, you actually edited the smug smiley into my post? Weirdo.

I can't be bothered, no.
Reply 71
LOL, you actually edited the smug smiley into my post? Weirdo.

I can't be bothered, no.

Then why did you bother to reply? That smugface is exactly the facial expression you pulled while typing out that reply, so I was simply giving your post more of your hidden meaning; like how you confused everyone when you said "all terrorists are Muslim", when you 'actually' meant only the ones in the UK.

Also if you really don't care, you will not reply to this post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Then why did you bother to reply? That smugface is exactly the facial expression you pulled while typing out that reply, so I was simply giving your post more of your hidden meaning; like how you confused everyone when you said "all terrorists are Muslim", when you 'actually' meant only the ones in the UK.

No, you weren't; no, it wasn't.

Taraa.
Reply 73

The LTTE, IRA, Naxalites, Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, ETA. Grow up child.
Original post by ish90an
The LTTE, IRA, Naxalites, Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, ETA. Grow up child.

But, aside from the IRA (who are now defunct), none of those pose a threat to the UK.

And you're from India, 'course you're going to stick up for them.
I love how we have the Destroyer on the Thames...

got this image of 4 members of Al Qaeda slowly rowing up the Thames in a fisherman's boat :colone:
Reply 76
But, aside from the IRA (who are now defunct), none of those pose a threat to the UK.

And you're from India, 'course you're going to stick up for them.

"All terrorists" is not the same as "all terrorists who pose a threat to the UK". And why would me being from India(a largely non-Muslim country) make me stick up for a group mostly composed of Bangladeshi and Pakistani Muslims?
Reply 77
I must say East London Does feel like the Green Zone in Baghdad right now...
Reply 78
Search
100000 to die at Olympics?
Something to consider haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending