The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7041
The SFA/SPL had already planned to ignore today's vote anyway. All this means is the corruption Celtic fans have spoken about for so many years is about to be proven yet again. It's amazing how many of our claims have been vindicated throughout this entire farce, from allegations of cheating at Rangers, to media bias, to heavy pro-Rangers corruption in the SFA.

But you're just paranoid timmy!
Instead of all the doom and gloom talk everyone should be encouraging people to fill the stadiums and support their teams.
Reply 7043

Always Have Been - Always Will Be

another great subtle dig at the death of Rangers FC :biggrin:
Beith vs Rangers , Please someone drop a bomb on Bellsdale that day! Two birds one stone and all that.
Reply 7045
More tims in Amsterdam for a friendly than Huns in Glasgow for their protest lol

Reply 7046
I'm embarrassed for you guys. :wink:

Is this Celtic's first team paying, or are there players missing?
Original post by Mtice
I'm embarrassed for you guys. :wink:

Is this Celtic's first team paying, or are there players missing?

In which game? We had a development squad playing at Firhill and the 1st team at Ajax (which was full strength, but using an experimental formation).

Either way, friendlies mean feckall.
Reply 7048
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
In which game? We had a development squad playing at Firhill and the 1st team at Ajax (which was full strength, but using an experimental formation).

Either way, friendlies mean feckall.

The Ajax match. (I'm an Ajax supporter)

I was really disappointed by Celtic, do you see them qualifying for the CL?

Also, with Rangers gone, there can't be much enthusiasm for league games, can there?
Original post by Mtice
The Ajax match. (I'm an Ajax supporter)

I was really disappointed by Celtic, do you see them qualifying for the CL?

Also, with Rangers gone, there can't be much enthusiasm for league games, can there?

It was just a friendly, Celtic tend to do better in when they have a bad pre-season actually.

It is more likely we will be knocked out in the playoff round. But it isn't hugely unlikely we can make it to the group stages, providing we perform to our full potential. If we don't perform well, we have no chance.

Celtic have a fantastic support, with the greatest enthusiasm at even the smallest and unimportant matches.
Reply 7050
Heh it's the same every year... pump a first team Spurs with our second string, "oh its just a friendly", lose to someone LOL CELTIC R ****

Ajax do look like a serious team though, that Lukoki or whatever especially. Some great players on the way up.
Reply 7051
Original post by TOSCS
Heh it's the same every year... pump a first team Spurs with our second string, "oh its just a friendly", lose to someone LOL CELTIC R ****

Ajax do look like a serious team though, that Lukoki or whatever especially. Some great players on the way up.

Lukoki is fast, but that's all he has. The left-winger, Fischer, 18 years old, who was the best player on the field yesterday and the biggest talent at the club.
Reply 7052
Yeah Fischer was excellent too. I think the commentator said the Ajax team had an average age of 23 or something but to be fair, Celtic's isn't much older.
Reply 7053
Original post by TOSCS
Yeah Fischer was excellent too. I think the commentator said the Ajax team had an average age of 23 or something but to be fair, Celtic's isn't much older.

I heard that too, but I thought it sounded a little old. Our front three were 18, 22, 19, midfield, 22, 23, 23, defense: 19, 22, 23, 21 keeper: 26, which adds to 238. 238/ 11 = 21.6.

Not sure where the commentator got 23 from.
Reply 7054
Original post by Mtice
I heard that too, but I thought it sounded a little old. Our front three were 18, 22, 19, midfield, 22, 23, 23, defense: 19, 22, 23, 21 keeper: 26, which adds to 238. 238/ 11 = 21.6.

Not sure where the commentator got 23 from.

He probably said 22 then.

Ours was 23.07, less if you take away the 26 year old who got sent off :P
Anybody know the Norwich score and how we played? I was able to go but got bogged down by other affairs.
It's 0-0 now.
Celtic lost 1-0, to a late goal by Grant Holt.
Reply 7058
Celtic played great, easily the better team in the match and all round it was quite a good game for a friendly.
:rofl:

We've got an actual game in less than two weeks, what the **** are going to do? :rofl2:

Quick Reply

Latest