The Student Room Group

A-levels enrichment?

Hey guys I'm planning on studying maths, further maths, chem and phys at As level. Even outside of school i'm massively interested in all of these subjects and I was wondering how I could enrich my knowledge (specifically through the use of books) of these subjects. By enrich I mean find out much more about what I'll learn at As-level, so I really understand everything thouroughly. For example a GCSE level enrichment book would prove pythagoras's thereom so I thouroughly understand the thereom I learnt at GCSE. Also I'm thinking about studying chemistry at university and any advice on how to find work experience would be appreciated. Also or if you could give me information on something else to demonstrate my interest in the subject, such as the nuffields bursary. Thank for you help.
Also or if you could give me information on something else to demonstrate my interest in the subject, such as the nuffields bursary. Thank for you help.

Hi :smile:
Im doing the same a levels as you and was kinda looking for something like this! So ... good thread :biggrin: Was wondering if you could explain a bit more about "Nuffields bursary"? Also, how does that bursary thingy demonstrate your interest in a subject.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by coolstorybrother
Also or if you could give me information on something else to demonstrate my interest in the subject, such as the nuffields bursary. Thank for you help.

Hi :smile:
Im doing the same a levels as you and was kinda looking for something like this! So ... good thread :biggrin: Was wondering if you could explain a bit more about "Nuffields bursary"? Also, how does that bursary thingy demonstrate your interest in a subject.

Thanks

Basically it enables you to do a placement at a university or company in a scientific subject, it shows you're taking a keen interest in your subject outside of academia and seeing it used in the real world. See this website for more details: http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/science-bursaries-schools-and-colleges

Quick Reply