The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

MA International Multimedia Journalism entry 2012

Hi~

Is any one going to study or is studying/ studied the same program with me? There is really little information abt the course on internet. I do wanna know more abt this course and classmates~
Hey,

I have confirmed my place for the 2012 entry for this course at Newcastle. It seems pretty interesting, I still need to sort out accommodation etc
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by abdulkarim.hanif
Hey,

I have confirmed my place for the 2012 entry for this course at Newcastle. It seems pretty interesting, I still need to sort out accommodation etc

Hey~ glad to know u~ hv u done with ur accomodation yet? I've been offered in LT~

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hey,

I have not sorted my accomodation yet, I am thinking of living in a house share in Jesmond area. If I can't sort anything then I will take barker house halls.

Wherabouts you joining from. I just graduated from Leeds uni, a bit excited about starting this course.

What made you chose ncl?
Reply 4
Hey,

I have not sorted my accomodation yet, I am thinking of living in a house share in Jesmond area. If I can't sort anything then I will take barker house halls.

Wherabouts you joining from. I just graduated from Leeds uni, a bit excited about starting this course.

What made you chose ncl?

Leeds is great! So u r a uk native? Well.. Im from China, and I chose ncl univ because of the city. I just wanna a city not so big but convenient for buying and easy for traveling. I heard that ncl is the only three cities which hv subway in uk. It's really attractive. And the course of immj seems quite interesting too.

How abt u? Why u chose ncl?

Hey!

Ah thats awesome, I have not paid my deposit yet to secure my place!

Yeah the course sounds awesome. I did speak to David Baines, who runs the programme, about the course. It seems pretty interesting.

Well I am not really a UK native, but this country is not alien to me at all. Been here couple of times before, lived here for the last three years in Leeds which has been awesome.

I have been upto Newcastle 4 times this month so getting used to the town. City itself is awesome, the center is across the road from the university. Will be exciting times.

Have you managed to get in touch with others who may have applied for this course?

Feel free to add me on facebook, full name mentioned on my username.

Speak soon

Abdul
Reply 6
Hey!

Ah thats awesome, I have not paid my deposit yet to secure my place!

Yeah the course sounds awesome. I did speak to David Baines, who runs the programme, about the course. It seems pretty interesting.

Well I am not really a UK native, but this country is not alien to me at all. Been here couple of times before, lived here for the last three years in Leeds which has been awesome.

I have been upto Newcastle 4 times this month so getting used to the town. City itself is awesome, the center is across the road from the university. Will be exciting times.

Have you managed to get in touch with others who may have applied for this course?

Feel free to add me on facebook, full name mentioned on my username.

Speak soon

Abdul

I do wanna visit the city too. The compact city seems quite different with my hometown Beijing. I am very excited abt the coming trip this sep. Well, since you seem quite satisfied with the univ and course, why do not confirm ur place there?

And yes, I know some chinese students will take the course. They r excited and a little bit nervous as well.

I do wanna add u on FB, but it's not possible here in mainland of china if u know. We cannot also connect twitter, my space, and so on.. So u might wait me till i got uk~

Ah fair enough, yes i have heard about the restrictions. I did International Relations at Leeds Uni so I am well aware of things like that.

Newcastle is brilliant, it shall be fun! I have heard that there is alot of intake of students from China.

It should be fun and exciting.

I come from Dubai, UAE. My younger brother is about to start his undergraduate studies, so depending on where he ends up I will make my decision based on that.

I had a read through of the modules, they seem very interesting!

Have you heard about other journalism courses offered by different unis. I just chose Newcastle based on the international side of it and it was close by to Leeds plus its an awesome city.

Ah you should not be really nervous about it. It will be a fun year. Masters will be intense, so we shall see how i handle it! It will be fun times.
Reply 8
Ah fair enough, yes i have heard about the restrictions. I did International Relations at Leeds Uni so I am well aware of things like that.

Newcastle is brilliant, it shall be fun! I have heard that there is alot of intake of students from China.

It should be fun and exciting.

I come from Dubai, UAE. My younger brother is about to start his undergraduate studies, so depending on where he ends up I will make my decision based on that.

I had a read through of the modules, they seem very interesting!

Have you heard about other journalism courses offered by different unis. I just chose Newcastle based on the international side of it and it was close by to Leeds plus its an awesome city.

Ah you should not be really nervous about it. It will be a fun year. Masters will be intense, so we shall see how i handle it! It will be fun times.

Plus ncl, some journalism and communication courses in birmingham, manchester, and edinburgh uni r really attractive, especially the Media, Culture and Practice course in edinburgh uni. I am do interested in intercultural communication studies, and practice sounds more fun than theory study. Moreover, the most attractive thing is that, edinburgh award MSc for this course. But i finally tend to ncl for a city not so close to north, so that the weather might be more adorable.

I actually feel little nervous compared with other students in china. Coz i love travel, and i am so confident that i will get used to any places quite soon.

Dubai is great! I heard a lot abt this wealthy and beautiful city. U r lucky that u can expect ur close relative to accompany with. Hope u two enjoy ur coming study.

Hey!

when are you thinking of flying over to the UK.

I might do mid September! Still have not sorted my accomadation yet lol. Far too much lazing around not cool.

Hopefully the course will be awesome, well excited to move to ncl!

Hope things are well with you
Reply 10
Hey!

when are you thinking of flying over to the UK.

I might do mid September! Still have not sorted my accomadation yet lol. Far too much lazing around not cool.

Hopefully the course will be awesome, well excited to move to ncl!

Hope things are well with you

So you pick newcastle univ as your final decision? That would be great~ and how about your younger brother? Where does he decide to study?

I book my flight on 17 Sept. The day is coming soon~ I am so excited!~

Abt ur accommodation, there r so many students bbs may help. Just search around more~ good luck for everything to u!~

yeah i have chosen NCL as my final option. My younger bro will be going to Durham to do his bachelors.

Just got an email from them about inductions and welcome week.

Course looks really good.

I am well excited to do it.

Just sorting out accomodation still.

you defo doing NCL as well yeah? all prepared? nervous?

Should be good fun
Reply 12
yeah i have chosen NCL as my final option. My younger bro will be going to Durham to do his bachelors.

Just got an email from them about inductions and welcome week.

Course looks really good.

I am well excited to do it.

Just sorting out accomodation still.

you defo doing NCL as well yeah? all prepared? nervous?

Should be good fun

Then we'll be classmate soon right? That's awesome~ Durham is great!~ I love the buildings there~ and it seems not far from NCL, then it must be convient for u guys to meet.

Now I'm busy preparing for my pacage... It's really bothered... I do think I picked no much things to take, such as pot, bowl, cooker, knife, and many other kichen equipments, and so many foods and flavors, which are always carried by Chinese students... But I still packed my baggages over-weight... That's really strange.. I am thinking to take nothing except for money now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending