The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Compared to last year's MITB, which was a great PPV, it was very poor. Far too many filler matches. I agree, Ziggler was a highlight but he has a habit of being one of the highlights of any show.

As much as I love Punk and Bryan I think their match lasted a little too long. In most part thanks to AJ constantly being involved towards the end. It seems strange saying it since I would usually want more of Punk and Bryan but I was getting a little tired of it with about 5 minutes to go.

The main event was rubbish and I'm not too keen on Cena winning it. I think Jericho should've won, and I believe he's touring again soon, so he could've left with the briefcase still not cashed in and returned to cash it in.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

The highlight of the whole thing! My face was like :eek: when it happened haha
Original post by hass147
They need to build up Brock and HHH more, the fact that Paul Heyman is doing all of Lesnar's bidding isn't adding serious heat to the feud. Lesnar will go over HHH, that has to be a given surely? You can't bring back Brock to lose both his matches, that would be asinine by the writers. For Lesnar to get more heat, he should invade the show and take out guys left, right and centre in the build-up to SummerSlam. Literally jump over the barricade and F5 guys like no tomorrow. He has to look dominant and dirty, with the great Paul Heyman on his side the heat could be enormous.

I think they'll go with Brock v Rock II at WrestleMania and Undertaker v Cena for 21-0.

Rumour is HHH might be doing some burying
PPV was far too predictable, I don't think Cena needs the MITB contract to get a title shot, he could easily just be written into one while another superstar gets the contract as a wildcard, as they're meant to be rsiing stars, not solidified main eventers. That said, the rest was pretty good, Sheamus never fails to bore me to tears though.
Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney
PPV was far too predictable, I don't think Cena needs the MITB contract to get a title shot, he could easily just be written into one while another superstar gets the contract as a wildcard, as they're meant to be rsiing stars, not solidified main eventers. That said, the rest was pretty good, Sheamus never fails to bore me to tears though.

I didn't expect any major changes at MITB and everyone I expected win did so. I think WWE will roll out the big guns for Raw and Summer Slam.

At this moment in time I predict Cena will either cash in the case on 1000th Raw and beat Punk and be challenged by the Rock at summerslam.

Or Rock will challenge Punk, beat Punk and then Cena decides to cash in but gives Rock a sporting chance by challenging him at Summerslam where Cena wins the title and then the feud ultimately ends at Wrestlemania 29 with the winner taking the trilogy.

I think Dolph Ziggler will be a champion soon but not via the briefcase. He will cash it in but I think Sheamus will end it quickly a la Bryan at WM28 like we saw at MITB and Ziggler will have the unwanted honour of being the first or one of the few to cash in and lose.

I expect the IC title or US title or both to change hands at Summer Slam. I hear WWE wants to merge the two together so perhaps Santino v Christian at Summer Slam?

Personally I'd like to see a fatal 4 way or 6 way match for this new combined title at SS perhaps including the following;

Cody Rhodes, Santino, Christian, Damien Sandow, Tysonn Kidd and either Tensai or Ryback (I think they'll save Ryback for another time), so essentially the MITB losers squaring off. I would expect Christian to win this.

I think I can see where WWE are going with the Prime Time Players, they're basically going to be a bunch of cockups mainly thanks to their manager. There aren't too many decent tag teams out there so I think Kofi and R Truth will be holding those titles for a while.

Divas title; Kharma was supposed to return to set the wheels in motion for a rivalry with Beth Phoenix but it appears according to rumours and odd shenaningans on WWE.com and their twitter pages (moving Kharma to the alumni sections) that Kharma has left the wwe. I use www.tpww.net for all my wrestling news and have done for about 12 years, they seem quite reliable but we just have to wait and see.

I see Layla holding onto this for a while. Would love to see Beth Phoenix win it again or Natalya as they're the two hottest divas in my opinion and Kelly Kelly but she's on a break it seems. It's been a while since Eve was champion but I reckon we'll see AJ winning the Divas title soon enough....I may be wrong?
Ziggler-Jericho feud!
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
I didn't expect any major changes at MITB and everyone I expected win did so. I think WWE will roll out the big guns for Raw and Summer Slam.

At this moment in time I predict Cena will either cash in the case on 1000th Raw and beat Punk and be challenged by the Rock at summerslam.

Or Rock will challenge Punk, beat Punk and then Cena decides to cash in but gives Rock a sporting chance by challenging him at Summerslam where Cena wins the title and then the feud ultimately ends at Wrestlemania 29 with the winner taking the trilogy.

I think Dolph Ziggler will be a champion soon but not via the briefcase. He will cash it in but I think Sheamus will end it quickly a la Bryan at WM28 like we saw at MITB and Ziggler will have the unwanted honour of being the first or one of the few to cash in and lose.

I expect the IC title or US title or both to change hands at Summer Slam. I hear WWE wants to merge the two together so perhaps Santino v Christian at Summer Slam?

Personally I'd like to see a fatal 4 way or 6 way match for this new combined title at SS perhaps including the following;

Cody Rhodes, Santino, Christian, Damien Sandow, Tysonn Kidd and either Tensai or Ryback (I think they'll save Ryback for another time), so essentially the MITB losers squaring off. I would expect Christian to win this.

I think I can see where WWE are going with the Prime Time Players, they're basically going to be a bunch of cockups mainly thanks to their manager. There aren't too many decent tag teams out there so I think Kofi and R Truth will be holding those titles for a while.

Divas title; Kharma was supposed to return to set the wheels in motion for a rivalry with Beth Phoenix but it appears according to rumours and odd shenaningans on WWE.com and their twitter pages (moving Kharma to the alumni sections) that Kharma has left the wwe. I use www.tpww.net for all my wrestling news and have done for about 12 years, they seem quite reliable but we just have to wait and see.

I see Layla holding onto this for a while. Would love to see Beth Phoenix win it again or Natalya as they're the two hottest divas in my opinion and Kelly Kelly but she's on a break it seems. It's been a while since Eve was champion but I reckon we'll see AJ winning the Divas title soon enough....I may be wrong?

I think it'll be Punk losing to Cena and then getting challenged by The Rock at Summerslam, so that for the next few weeks an active wrestler still has the title on TV.

I can see Christian holding onto his title but Santino really needs to let go of his, it's getting embarrassing that a title held by so many great wrestlers has become an accessory on a pantomime horse. I can forsee Miz winning the US title, as he won't be getting a WWE title shot for some time.

I don't think Ryback will hold a title for some time, as he's just beginning to get actual matches on the go.

The tag team division needs restructured in the way that it was in the WWF, where teams of potential future singles competitors competing as tag teams (in the same way as Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz etc.), so perhaps Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd and a few others should join forces. Personally, I'd love to see Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio team up but I doubt that would be on a permanent basis, although it would be a decent move considering how saturated the singles division is already.

The Diva's title unfortunately holds no importance in my mind, it's like a tea break title. However, if they started meriting Divas on wins during Raw and Smackdown, and had a real structure to the division, it could be vastly improved. Eve needs to start wrestling more, as she was one of the brighter talents when she did. It'd be interesting to see Kharma wrestle Beth, but I can't see WWE holding onto her for long if she re-signs.

On a postitive note, besides the appearance of JTG (I can only assume he's about to be released), Raw was actually pretty solid. Jericho and Ziggler will be an amazing rivalry if it blossoms.
Whose watching raw1000? It's sick!
Reply 6449
Original post by rickjames
Whose watching raw1000? It's sick!

It's amazing!!!
Rock, Brothers of Destruction, Cena-Punk, Triple H, Lesnar, Trish, Lita and more.
Arguably the most perfect Raw we've had in years. Loved the ending
Was an A- show, Austin woulda made it a perfect Raw imo, shame about his knee surgery
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rickjames
Arguably the most perfect Raw we've had in years. Loved the ending

The ending was, indeed, brilliant.
Really wanted one of the Undertaker's American Badass themes instead of the usual fare considering it was a Brothers of Destruction era reunion :sigh:

Was great to see the Outlaws in DX attire, wish they'd got the Nation back together for a little confrontation though :nopity:
Original post by Kenan and Kel

The Rock got Battered. LOL
Punk as a heel = Raw saved.
Rocky sold that clothesline really well.

Latest