The Student Room Group

titanic- is rose a virgin?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by pinkangelgirl
bt after theyve just had sex she tells him ''your trembling'' (obvs after hed cum or whatever) and he sort of smirks as he says ''dont worry ill be okay'' as if he likes her innocence that she didnt know the reason.

he also asks her prior to ****ing her brains out if shes nervous.

It's probably the first time she's been with someone she likes, if not loves. Her engagement with Cal was an arranged marriage, she'd never expressed any kind of interest in him. She's never had the deeply emotional connection with another person that you get from sex, so she acts like it's her first time in her trembling and nervousness because emotionally, it kind of is her first time.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
There's a deleted scene in the film after Rose and her family board the ship - the scene when they're in their cabin and she's unloading all her paintings, her maid says something like 'When i climb into bed tonight I'll be the first' (implying because its the ships maiden voyage, the beds havent been slept in by anyone else) then Cal appears, looks at Rose and says something like '...and i'll be the first aswell'

...Rose and the maid look proper awkward :biggrin:

Ive always assumed Rose was a virgin though anyway - Cal's buying her the diamond was a way of wanting that to change =P
Reply 22
Im just watching Titanic, and I wondered if Rose was a virgin?

Personally, I dont know

oh yes, i meant before the car incident *slam* hand on window :wink: haha

I think she was... she was 17, only recently engaged.. and clearly didn't like her fiance. It would have been very scandalous to have sex before marriage anyway, even with your fiance. he was pressuring her to ("I thought you would come to me last night" / "There isn't anything I couldn't give you... if you would not deny me")

and also... when she's talking about the drawing "it was the most erotic moment of my life.. up until then at least"

I have watched it quite a few times as you may be able to tell.
Reply 23
I don't think she was:
- "My wife in practice if not yet by law"
- "I had hoped you would come to me last night" ... "I was tired"
- "Put your hands on me Jack" (sexually assertive)
- Asking him to draw her in the nude, having evidently few issues stripping off in front of him either (she does the kind of striptease with the sexy dressing gown!)
- She comments that he is trembling - he is the inexperienced one!

When he asks if she's nervous, and I don't quite remember when that is, I think it's pertaining to the fact that she's essentially leaving her family and whole life behind to join him, rather than being anything to do with sex.
Original post by Jelkin
I don't think she was:
- "My wife in practice if not yet by law"
- "I had hoped you would come to me last night" ... "I was tired"
- "Put your hands on me Jack" (sexually assertive)
- Asking him to draw her in the nude, having evidently few issues stripping off in front of him either (she does the kind of striptease with the sexy dressing gown!)
- She comments that he is trembling - he is the inexperienced one!

When he asks if she's nervous, and I don't quite remember when that is, I think it's pertaining to the fact that she's essentially leaving her family and whole life behind to join him, rather than being anything to do with sex.

I have to disagree. I think Cal was hoping to have sex with her but they never did. In regards to stripping naked in front of Jack- he was so extreme and wild in comparison to Cal that I think he brought out the tiger in Rose :wink: I think he made her comfortable- as if she could be a different person.

And in regards to her saying hes trembling- , it is quite clear they have just had sex, and guys shake after an orgasm- and with Jack's ''dont worry Ill be alright'' comment and a slight grin on his face, it suggests and implies Rose's naiiveity.
(edited 11 years ago)
This thread has made me look at Rose in a whole new light. And Titanic is one of my fav films :smile:
She's a filthy whore. And I haven't even seen the film.
Reply 27
I have to disagree. I think Cal was hoping to have sex with her but they never did. In regards to stripping naked in front of Jack- he was so extreme and wild in comparison to Cal that I think he brought out the tiger in Rose :wink: I think he made her comfortable- as if she could be a different person.

And in regards to her saying hes trembling- , it is quite clear they have just had sex, and guys shake after an orgasm- and with Jack's ''dont worry Ill be alright'' comment and a slight grin on his face, it suggests and implies Rose's naiiveity.

They don't always! (Jack also blushed when drawing her naked, come to think of it, and she teased him.) Actually, I think we're both looking too much into that comment, anyway. But I think there are way more arguments to suggest that she was not a virgin than to suggest that she was. Any arguments as to social rules of conduct would apply equally to Cal's asking quite comfortably why she didn't come to have sex with him the previous evening! I think her being a virgin would just be too incongruous with her behaviour.
Reply 28
I always took 'you didn't come to my bed last night' (or whatever his exact words were) to imply that she's slept with Cal. Plus, 'my wife in practice'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending