The Student Room Group

Is it illegal to post pics of your gun on facebook?

I was just wondering if u had one...
No.
Reply 2
I have posted ...... Well it is my cigarette lighter GUN , but no one can easily identify if its real or not because of its weight and looks ........ LOLZZZZZ !!!!!!!
Reply 3
If you have the gun legally and it's not posted as a threat or to incite the breaking of a law then I don't think it is.
Reply 4
Nope, post pictures of all guns I shoot at the gun club, and ones I own, currently got a bunch of Marlin/Winchester underlevers on there, a Sniper used by the SAS, my two .44 Revolvers and my collectin of air guns, amongst many others.
Reply 5
Holy ****, take my ****ing money man, take it.

Reply 6
Original post by curtis871
If you have the gun legally then I don't think it is.

Even if you had it illegally posting a picture of it wouldn't be a crime in itself...
Reply 7
No, I post both of mine on a regular basis. The ladies love it.
Original post by Jordan_1

I lol'd.
Reply 9
Original post by jamboogy
Holy ****, take my ****ing money man, take it.

Hahahahahaha classic.
Reply 10
Original post by Jordan_1

:rofl2:.
Original post by james1211
Even if you had it illegally posting a picture of it wouldn't be a crime in itself...

This is probably true. Although you'd have to be silly to do this as it could be used as evidence against you, especially if you put certain comments with it.
I know someone who posted a picture of him posing with a fake toy plastic AK-47 1:1 scale on facebook as a joke with his boxer shorts on wearing a helmet and elbow/knee pads etc,

Someone must have reported it or something because he had the police on his door about it! Haha
Reply 13
Original post by Glow in the dark
I know someone who posted a picture of him posing with a fake toy plastic AK-47 1:1 scale on facebook as a joke with his boxer shorts on wearing a helmet and elbow/knee pads etc,

Someone must have reported it or something because he had the police on his door about it! Haha

Not surprised, Facebook is the new Big Brother.
No, i have quite a few pics of me and my Remington also have friends who have similar pics up. As long as the gun is legal and you aren't doing anything stupid with it don't think there is an issue.
As long as you're not promoting violence or posing menacingly
Original post by james1211

True but I doubt posting a picture of it would be the best way to hide your other crime(s) :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest