The Student Room Group

Brown leather tag on back of jeans washed out and dyed them; what to do?

I have a very pale blue pair of jeans from Zara, which did have a brown leather tag on the back of the waistband. After washing them at 40degrees (which is what the tag says) the tag has washed out and dyed the back of my jeans a really weird pale yellowy colour :frown: anyone got any suggestions of how to get it out? Should I take the tag off and wash them again?
I'm gutted I loved these jeans! And taking them back isn't a question as I got them at the end of April and haven't even still got the receipt, and they aren't on the website anymore. I've complained to Zara but the customer service department on the website is terrible there isn't even a designated contact form for complaints, grrrrr.
Reply 1
Try taking the tag off and wash them again on a cold/normal wash. Try wetting the stain and then running some bi-carb soda into the stained area before putting them in the wash.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
You don't necessarily need a receipt as it's obviously not fit for purpose.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

Have a read of that. You should go back to the store you bought it from I think :smile:
Original post by mrswomble
I have a very pale blue pair of jeans from Zara, which did have a brown leather tag on the back of the waistband. After washing them at 40degrees (which is what the tag says) the tag has washed out and dyed the back of my jeans a really weird pale yellowy colour :frown: anyone got any suggestions of how to get it out? Should I take the tag off and wash them again?
I'm gutted I loved these jeans! And taking them back isn't a question as I got them at the end of April and haven't even still got the receipt, and they aren't on the website anymore. I've complained to Zara but the customer service department on the website is terrible there isn't even a designated contact form for complaints, grrrrr.

You should try taking them to the store because its not your fault that happened so its faulty. Zara don't really offer exchanges without receipts but its up to the discretion of the manager so if you keep trying you usually will end up with a manager who will let you. I once had a top that ripped the day I wore it and I took it back and complained. I also saw a girl return a bag where the handle had come off. She had no receipt and the bag looked very worn out but they let her exchange it. You haven't really got anything to lose by going into the store and trying. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest