The Student Room Group

Boy, 11, boards plane to Italy at Manchester Airport without passport

Scroll to see replies

That is bizarre but the kid also sounds like a bit of a legend.

Also really not surprised that this happened on Jet2...
babies day out epic!
Defrauding an airline company of like £60? The bastard!

Something Must Be Done.
Reply 4
Is it that home alone kid? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Haha what a hero!
Reply 6
Original post by marcusfox
Well, I bet he didn't get further than the head count (they count the passengers and check they match the number of boarding cards) before departure.

If you'd actually read the article (or even taken a look at it) you would have seen that he was only noticed when the plane was in mid-air.
Obviously, this would be easier for a child than an adult.

And TBF, this is coming from a country with boarder agency staff that think Bangladesh is in the EU!
Reply 8
Original post by davidmarsh01
If you'd actually read the article (or even taken a look at it) you would have seen that he was only noticed when the plane was in mid-air.

Yes, I didn't look at the article. I merely relied on what is supposed to happen as a safeguard to make sure no one is on the plane who shouldn't be. But then, you aren't supposed to be able to get on a plane without a passport either, so if the first check was lax, it's not surprising that the second one was likely to be just so.

In any case, there will be some flight attendants losing their jobs.
Reply 9
Running away from home all the way to Rome hahaha epic. His parents must be fuming.

Wonder what he would have done if he had managed to enter the country!
I am reassured that he couldn't possibly have posed a security risk - it's not like he could have carried forbidden articles onto the flight or anything.

It just astounds me that he went through both security and the departure gate as well.
Reply 11
What must he have been doing on the plane that made passengers suspicious? :eek: :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
This is not the first time a child has been able to do this
Original post by marcusfox
Well, I bet he didn't get further than the head count (they count the passengers and check they match the number of boarding cards) before departure.

He was stopped mid-air, I hear...
Reply 14
Who cares about the airline- how ragin are his parents right now!? :lol:
Sounds like the border agency decided to strike counter to what the media is saying
Reply 16
Legen... wait for it.... Dary!
(edited 11 years ago)
I think the issue here is what would've happened if this kid was a terrorist oranisation's bomb mule.

Questions definitely need to be asked.
Reply 18
Original post by tk1993
What must he have been doing on the plane that made passengers suspicious? :eek: :tongue:

LOL I was thinking the same thing!
Original post by Observatory
Defrauding an airline company of like £60? The bastard!

Something Must Be Done.

It's more worrying that the boy managed to go unnoticed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending