The Student Room Group

Japanese Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by miniteen
Yeah, twice actually. But in the meantime I've lived in China for a year, and in London for another, and am back in Beijing for the moment. So my Japanese is really not up to scratch. But I took a higher intermediate course at SOAS in it, which is between levels JLPT 2 and 1, so hopefully I can do it.
Why are you going to Japan? Year abroad?

So jealous T_T :tongue: You should be fine! If I was you I'd try and read lots of real Japanese like news articles, novels, essays etc maybe.
Yeah I'll be going for my year abroad. Will be my first time in Japan and first time abroad at all. Excited :biggrin:
Original post by Ash S
So jealous T_T :tongue: You should be fine! If I was you I'd try and read lots of real Japanese like news articles, novels, essays etc maybe.
Yeah I'll be going for my year abroad. Will be my first time in Japan and first time abroad at all. Excited :biggrin:

Ha, my turn to feel jealous. You're probably young! I feel old and wrinkly! I'm already 21 years old. >< It might not look like much on the internet, but when I think that next year I will be 22 it is so scary! My degree is almost done (one more year) and I'm thinking of either going to study Chinese at Qinghua for a year, getting a job in London, or doing some form of masters either in the States or at Oxbridge. But I literally have no clue. >< Time is catching up on me! Ah!
Reply 1962
I'm probably posting this in the wrong section but could you please help me out with this Japanese game? It's giving me this error and I have no idea what it means :/

Please take a look at the image attached. Many thanks <3
Reply 1963
Original post by Near
I'm probably posting this in the wrong section but could you please help me out with this Japanese game? It's giving me this error and I have no idea what it means :/

With my limited knowledge of Kanji, I can tell from the katakana it's a fault with the server. :tongue: Not very helpful, sorry!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1964
Original post by Paramore<3
With my limited knowledge of Kanji, I can tell from the katakana it's a fault with the server. :tongue: Not very helpful, sorry!

It's alright :smile: Maybe it's a maintenance or something. Thank you, dear <3
Reply 1965
"Connection to server failed"
Original post by Near

Connection to server failed.
Is there anyone who speak both Japanese and English? is there any member who would translate a Japanese lyric into English?
Original post by Kallisto
Is there anyone who speak both Japanese and English? is there any member who would translate a Japanese lyric into English?

Sure thing

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
今日は。わたしは この スレッドに 書いた事 ありません。どうぞよろしく。私は 十六才で 日本語 学ぶ事と日本の文化が 大好きです。

Original post by Kallisto

Yeah, sure. As long as it's not incredibly long or written in Classical Japanese I can do it. =)
Original post by DrumChops
Sure thing

Thanks for willingness!

Original post by miniteen
Yeah, sure. As long as it's not incredibly long or written in Classical Japanese I can do it. =)

Thanks to you too!

I will send you a private message and then you answer via an one. Is it okay? thanks again!
Original post by DrumChops
今日は。わたしは この スレッドに 書いた事 ありません。どうぞよろしく。私は 十六才で 日本語 学ぶ事と日本の文化が 大好きです。

ようこそ DrumChops-san! げんき?i?

こんにちわみんな-さん! Scootaloo-です
私は4ねんからひとりで日本語をべんきょうをしまして。
カタカナと KANJI よわからない <--(If there are mistakes, please tell me and blame google phonetic type!)

Where is everyone ? This thread is very quite these days...

How is everybody getting on learning Japanese?

Was using Japanese for Busy people but it taught me how to speak like a Japanese business man:
"はじめまして!ABC Scoot-san です! どうぞ、私の名刺。。。ああ!すみません、いまはかいしゃのPARTY!あしたの休みはいいか?OKAY CALL ME MAYBE!"
I recently nabbed Genki for a fraction of the price. The book is good but it is best for study with another person or a class because it asks you to ask questions to others to practice your Japanese, so its not great for me all alone.
Reply 1973
私は日本語を勉強するのが好きです!

I'm definitely subscribing to this thread! :smile:

EDIT: Why is TSR ****ing up on ひらがな?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1974
Original post by stifa
私は日本語を勉強するのが好きです!

I'm definitely subscribing to this thread! :smile:

EDIT: Why is TSR ****ing up on ひらがな?

It's not the hiragana, it just doesn't like lots of full-width characters in a row. If you put in some English spaces it'll be fine.
たとえばこんな感じで 書けばいいと 思いますwww
Reply 1975
Hey guys, I've been studying Japanese over the summer, my plan is to have learnt all Jōyō kanji (governments 2042 general use kanji) by the end of August (already know ~500) and then hopefully get a bit of grammar & sentences done after that :smile: I find by self studying that I lack speaking practice a lot, any suggestions?

有難うルイースです
Reply 1976
わかりました!

I have only studied Japanese for a month, so I'm not that good yet. However, I've gone through 878 kanji through RtK and 325 sentences through anki, so I'm making a little progress. My vocabulary is expanding rather rapidly in my opinion.

I'm playing a few n64 games in Japanese, but it is hard to find any with furigana; both n64 zeldas are completely devoid of furigana, and they've got some difficult kanji in there, like 樹...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1977
Original post by Scootaloo
I recently nabbed Genki for a fraction of the price. The book is good but it is best for study with another person or a class because it asks you to ask questions to others to practice your Japanese, so its not great for me all alone.

I never do those. I just study the written material thoroughly and focus on the grammar, then I add sentences with new stuff into the Anki SRS software to make it stick. (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.)

So far, it's been working wonders...
Hello Japanese learners and people!

I still need a person who is able to translate a Japanese text into English. Is there anyone who speak Japanese fluently?
Reply 1979
Original post by stifa
わかりました!

I have only studied Japanese for a month, so I'm not that good yet. However, I've gone through 878 kanji through RtK and 325 sentences through anki, so I'm making a little progress. My vocabulary is expanding rather rapidly in my opinion.

I'm playing a few n64 games in Japanese, but it is hard to find any with furigana; both n64 zeldas are completely devoid of furigana, and they've got some difficult kanji in there, like 樹...

Hey, are you using the core2000 deck? If so, is there many kanji in the sentences which you haven't seen yet? I think you're a little ahead of me in terms of progress so far, i'm around frame 500 on RTK atm, hopefully want to get it out of the way by the end of August though.

Quick Reply

Latest