The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Looking for cheap hotel in manchester

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already, if it has just redirect me.

My dad is coming with me to Manchester to make final arrangements. We need to find a place to stay that's close to Ashburne Hall and UoM ideally..can anyone recommend a cheap hotel/guest house?

Of course this is happening before I can move into Halls.
Reply 1
Wouldn't the halls let you in and loan you a folding bed if you asked? Sure they used to do that sort of thing in the old days.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by bounty_killa
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already, if it has just redirect me.

My dad is coming with me to Manchester to make final arrangements. We need to find a place to stay that's close to Ashburne Hall and UoM ideally..can anyone recommend a cheap hotel/guest house?

Of course this is happening before I can move into Halls.

Gah:smile: I was gonna make some joke about you wanting a cheap hotel to bonk a girl in, however! After reading your post, try them comparison websites and things, sure there will be some for hotels. Or maybe don't look for a hotel, look for a b n b, I dare say they'd be cheaper. Good luck :smile:
If you want a ridicoulously cheap one, Oxford Road near Rajas, Jaffas and Xaverian college theres a roundabout 2 hotels there.
This is the closest hotel I know of to Ashburne. It's very reasonably priced, and my dad was quite happy with it when he stayed there once http://www.lutherkinghouse.co.uk/ It's a theological college which happens to do B&B accommodation, but they don't shove the religion down your throat. You can also often find it cheaper on laterooms.com

If you want somewhere rock bottom cheap but a bit further away from Ashburne, then having a look at the YHA or Hatters Hostel isn't a bad idea. The cheapest accommodation involves shared rooms and bunk beds, but many hostels have private rooms. Being in a hostel has the advantage that he will have access to a kitchen, so will be able to keep food costs down.
Reply 5
The Chancellors Hotel is really close, quite expensive though, but if you say 'residents discount' when booking by phone they take ten percent off.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 6
I think IBIS is very near the university and offers affordable rates.
Reply 7
Thanks for all the suggestions. We decided to stay at Verdene Hotel..LutherKing was booked I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending