The Student Room Group

Did anyone else NOT get predicted GCSE grades?

I may be an ex-GCSE student, but something is still intriguing me.
Last year, people in my class were asking when we'd get our predicted grades. My form tutor said that they did 'do' predicted grades, but internally so that we never saw them.
Is this true for anyone else? Did anyone else not get predicted grades? I've seen so many posts where people have said their predicted grades, I think it's just part of policy at my school.
Reply 1
Did you get target grades?
We got target grades instead and predicted grades were kept hush hushed.

The difference being that Target grades are based on you, and predicted grades are based on students with the same CAT and ERIC scores when they were eleven, and has the percentage of them that got each grade.
Reply 2
Original post by Mevans32
Did you get target grades?
We got target grades instead and predicted grades were kept hush hushed.

The difference being that Target grades are based on you, and predicted grades are based on students with the same CAT and ERIC scores when they were eleven, and has the percentage of them that got each grade.

No. Not even that.
PS What are CAT and ERIC scores? I probably didnt even do those.
Reply 3
Not that i know of. They may have had oour predicted grades, but they didnt tell us, nor did anyone know about these potential predicted grades
Reply 4
my school did this bent thing and gave us 'projections' at the end of year 10. Based on classwork. Naturally everyone did quite badly, and a year later when we got predictions the teachers patted themselves on the back and the stark improvement shown by everyone.
Our school submitted predicted grades to the exams officer inside our school but we never saw them. I would guess they predict grades for everyone and in the end sit down and analyse what went wrong with some people.

Short answer; I did not receive predicted grades but the school did draft a confidential internal predicated grades sheet for each student.

Quick Reply

Latest