The Student Room Group

Your "Oh ****!" stories/moment at University

Scroll to see replies

Mine is probably when I went into the wrong lecture theatre for my lecture (which was starting at the same time and in the theatre literally next door)...

I'd got all my stuff out as well, recorder, paper, pen, everything, but luckily I spotted I was in the wrong one because each of our units have different colour hand-books, so I was able to spot from the various handbooks on the desks that I was in the wrong one - and so managed to slip out before the lecture started...still embarrassing though. :redface:

Although I have seen someone far far more dosey to be honest though... the uni I go to is literally down the road from another uni, and there's no set boundary so to speak - anyway, a student came into my uni's student services asking where X room/building was, and got the reply that they were in the wrong uni haha... she went rather pink if my memory serves me well, and hurried out of there quickly :smile:.
Reply 221
The actual serious OMG moment was before I even got to uni, I had put Queens as my firm choice and Stirling as my insurance and when results day came, I had missed the Queens grade reqs by one grade :sad: but instead of rejecting me straight away they kept me waiting a week (A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!) to reject me. In that time Stirling had filled all their first year halls so when I finally got round to accepting the place and trying to sort everything out, there was a few days where I thought I had nowhere to live. They put me in returning undergrad halls and luckily enough my flat was all first years too :smile: (apparently they over-subscribed) so it all worked out for the best! And more to the point, the halls were 123456789098765432x better than the first year halls and I ended up living there in 2nd year too (and will continue to live there forever more because it's epic!)

Less serious OMG moment: My birthday party this year. It was a joint party for my 20th and my flatmate's 21st- lots of alcohol, fewer people than we'd expected=more drink for us. Leahcar gets ridiculously drunk, more drunk than I've ever been in my life. I end up in the toilet all night boking my ring (from which, by the way, I had bruises on my chest for days!) and my friend (with whom I had only been drinking once in my life) ended up putting me to bed about midnight I was too plastered for anything else :lol: SUCH SHAME. I still cringe thinking about it.

.. why the negs? :s
(edited 11 years ago)
One of the flatmates decided to cook at 4am, setting off the fire alarm as he left plastic in the oven this led to everyone getting evacuated and one flatmate clearly dazed, probably just getting in from a night out forgets he sleeps naked and the shock in his face when he realises that we are all in the car park and he sees people coming back from night outs and all of us.

Another night, another housemate who was returning home from a night out and as he opens the front door another housemate dressed like hitman, shouted his name chases him around all the halls shouting his name. A little while later, he returns completely confused and scared, to this day, he still thinks a random hitman was following him.
Reply 223
The week before freshers week I was constantly telling myself 'do not drink too much on the first night, you will have just met these people and you have to live with them for a year & you'll expose yourself as a massive weirdo,' needlessly to say moving day came and became first night out with new flatmates. It was all going very well until I realised all of them were 10 times better at drinking than I thought I was, but being the idiot I was I tried to keep up with them :frown:

Half a bottle of wine & 4 double vodkas later, we actually went out. Where I proceeded to have a further four jagerbombs and had to be dragged home by two of the boys and one of the girls (who are now thankfully, three of my best friends) and put to bed at half past 11 :frown:. Naturally, being freshers week and they have a cruel sense of humour at uni, I had an 8.30 registration, and no word of a lie I still have people coming up to me saying "you were the girl with the apple at registration!" and I seriously cannot remember them or the apple :|. All I do remember is being unable to write my own address on the registration forms and them having to tell me I could come back later if I felt better, and this really hot guy having to witness me almost dead with alcohol poisoning trying to register with him and just being like 'good night?'

It all culminated in me having a welcome talk at 4pm and having to go out half way through to vom all over the shrubbery because my hangover was finally kicking in, where my flatmate had to rub my back and soothe me not even 24 hours into knowing me.

NOT my finest day, and they still go on at me about it. *sob sob cry cry*
Reply 224
I quite literally an oh **** moment last year. A few of us sat in the lounge after a night out, I was absolutely steaming with a bit of a dodgy stomach, my house mate said something that I thought was hilarious and I started laughing so hard I actually pooped a little bit.

I was just in my boxers at the time and this little chocolate sausage drops out the leg (no idea how it didn't get 'caught')and hit the floor with a thud. Didn't realise it had happened untill I looked at my girlfriend's face which was sheer open mouthed horror, her face didn't change for a good 30 seconds haha. Had to scoop it up like a naughty dog's owner!
Being very very hungover, just about making it to the right building on time. Then having to sneeze. No big deal. Except that instead of sneezing, I accidently vomited....
Original post by EGjeff
I quite literally an oh **** moment last year. A few of us sat in the lounge after a night out, I was absolutely steaming with a bit of a dodgy stomach, my house mate said something that I thought was hilarious and I started laughing so hard I actually pooped a little bit.

I was just in my boxers at the time and this little chocolate sausage drops out the leg (no idea how it didn't get 'caught')and hit the floor with a thud. Didn't realise it had happened untill I looked at my girlfriend's face which was sheer open mouthed horror, her face didn't change for a good 30 seconds haha. Had to scoop it up like a naughty dog's owner!

mrsbrown.jpg
Reply 227
I was on a uni trip and I was going to have a shower. So I put the shower on and shut the shower door to let it warm up while I got changed. But the door got stuck so I kept pulling and it fell of its hinges. This meant I had to quickly get changed and go to find someone. It happened to be the best of the two showers as well. Also on the trip was this lad who does all of the fixing things in our house so I found him and asked him what to do. His reply was that he couldn't go in there as it was the girls bathroom. So I made him come with me to find the lecturers to tell them. They were all having meeting and it was so embarrassing. Luckily they somehow understood and said that it couldn't have been my fault because I'm so small. So I had to have a shower in the other one which only had cold water so I had to have a cold shower :frown:. Turns out someone had got stuck in there a few days earlier so it deserved to happen. A few days later the door was broken again but it wasn't my fault that time.
Original post by askew116
mrsbrown.jpg

That's nice.
Reply 229
This was one of my worse mornings...

Get up at 8 for my 9am lecture, teeny bit hungover from the night before.

Have no dry tops, dry one with hairdryer, pretty much fail

Crack open a can of blue bolt (yeah!) to drink on the way to the bus, as I'm leaving I'm rummaging in my bag for my keys and drop the can in the bag.

Shove all my stuff into an I <3 Vodka bag from the Rev's stall at Freshers, barley fits

Finally leave at 835, knowing I'm going to miss my preferred bus and be late for the grumpiest lecturer in existance

powerwalking to the bus stop, my laces on my boots get tangled and just rip off one shoe entirely.

Turn around, head straight back to bed. Realise I left my blue-bolt drenched purse on my sink anyways.

Grrrr
Reply 230
Surprisingly I've not had anything major (that I can remember right now...)

Managed to flood the shared shower in first year though by having the shower curtain hanging over the edge of the shower cubicle.
Original post by EGjeff

possibly the funniest thing i've ever read
Reply 232
Original post by writergirl
Literally stumbling down the stairs to get out of a vile lecture to be sick (thank you, 90p drinks).
Being asked by an attractive boy outside of Asda to borrow a pen...to which I reached into my bag and handed him a tampon. (complete and utter cringe).
Knocking over a lifesize cutout of 'The King's Speech' in Tesco and shouting "SORRY COLIN" over my headphones and being greeted by lots of weird looks. (understandable).

yep, can safely say University has changed my life. Wish the above were abnormal elements of my life, but i just attract weird situations haha.

That's brilliant! Made me laugh so much.
Original post by samiz20891
Another night, another housemate who was returning home from a night out and as he opens the front door another housemate dressed like hitman, shouted his name chases him around all the halls shouting his name. A little while later, he returns completely confused and scared, to this day, he still thinks a random hitman was following him.

Hahahaha! :tongue:
Original post by willbee
Doing a proper loud fart in the middle of a lecture because I just couldn't hold it in any longer. :s-smilie:

:laugh:
Reply 235
Original post by gozatron
It's still crazy but join a sports team. I'm thinking along the lines of Rugby if you want to see a real ****ed up crazy night out.

Yeah but on nights out everyone I know (that isn't part of a sports team) that sees a sport team out thinks "what a bunch of ****ing idiots", I often feel rather embarrassed for them. You could easily have just as mental a night out without looking so ridiculous, but then I hate the whole 'lads on tour' type of attitude to nights out.
Original post by justme12
Yeah but on nights out everyone I know (that isn't part of a sports team) that sees a sport team out thinks "what a bunch of ****ing idiots", I often feel rather embarrassed for them. You could easily have just as mental a night out without looking so ridiculous, but then I hate the whole 'lads on tour' type of attitude to nights out.

everything you said - couldn't agree more
iv had too many, my first would have been when my room mate went out when i was in the kitchen, and locked our room door. and my key was in the room! luckily i was dressed, and another flat mate lent me her laptop so i could chill out in the kitchen for a couple of hours.

i also walked into my first and only exam late, because i was stood at the other wnd of the corridoor talking to some poeple on a different course, and didnt realise my room had gone in until they went in and i was stood on my own.

and then i missed the entire induction session for second year due to my mate trying to get back with his ex after waking me up because hed been kicked out of her room. ahhhh the joys of uni [=
after my last exam we were in a club and I hooked up with this girl we left to get a bit more psychical I stopped to get some water from a kebab shop I picked up my girl she fell of my arm and knocked herself out on the pavement (oh ****) I called ambulance (No sex **** again) her mates appear and see me standing over there mate (SHHITTTT)the ambulance appears one of her mate stars accusing me of RAPE (**** RUN)

Discalmer :I was not going to rape her we were both a little drunk
when i got trapped in the library doors the other day and security had to press the emergency alarms and let me out :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest