The Student Room Group

Pizza Hut rejected :(

Scroll to see replies

Bump
Just got an rejection email, very disappointing as I thought I would at least get an interview. However, thinking about it there must have been hundreds of applications for that particular restaurant as its the only one in the city. I intended to work as a cook.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Dominoes
Bump
Just got an rejection email, very disappointing as I thought I would at least get an interview. However, thinking about it there must have been hundreds of applications for that particular restaurant as its the only one in the city. I intended to work as a cook.

:console:
(edited 11 years ago)
Something you need to realise about employment is that it's not like university entrance, where if you can get into Oxbridge you can pretty much guarantee being able to get into any lower ranked university you want.

Employers are looking for the person who will be the most useful employee to them. Your university education is not useful to them because the job is just taking peoples' orders, giving them their change, putting pre-packaged stuff into an oven, turning it over and taking it out again. On the other hand, the fact you have a degree means you are more likely to resent working there and try to leave as soon as possible.

In this instance someone who left school after their GCSEs or A levels is actually a better choice. They don't have many other options and are much more likely to stick with the job and work hard at it, and maybe even see being promoted to a junior manager at Pizza Hut as a career they might stick with in the long term.

So don't take it personally.
Reply 23
Got this same email earlier. Theres nothing I hate more than them not automatically rejecting me and not even telling me why. Though I'm 17 in September. Still 16 so I think that it may have something to do with age. I've got plenty of decent qualifications so I can't see that being the reason. Oh well. The hunt goes on eh.
Anyone know how long it takes them to reply? I applied over a week ago and haven't heard anything yet.
I heard in another forum that they want some type of experience and filter applicants through a 'score' type system on the questionnaire. Apparently you need to be more honest instead of going for the obviously correct choice.

Although they may have rejected me based on my username.
I agree with the PP who said that they could be put off with qualifications. It was discussed on the Jeremy Vine show the other day (showing my age now!) that a Scottish job centre had "advised" students to "play down" their quals. Mainly cos if you have a degree you are more likely to leave when something better comes along. Also you may not "fit" their little box of what they are looking for.

Now I have got older I have realised that some jobs I didn't get were probably down to the fact my profile didn't fit not just because I didn't have the right quals and experience.

I did have to laugh at the poster who "failed" the Asda test, think you out mathsed them! Think I would have boycotted too!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
I went for that tactic and it didn't work for me, but I may have been rejected for other reasons. I'm going to tweak my application and apply again and search for other jobs in the meantime.
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of what the " Your application is now available to additional restaurants" email meant?

Does it mean they're waiting for a vacancy to come up or does it mean you were rejected from the restaurant you applied to? It only came up with the one I applied to as the other local pizza huts.
Original post by Dominoes
I went for that tactic and it didn't work for me, but I may have been rejected for other reasons. I'm going to tweak my application and apply again and search for other jobs in the meantime.

Yeh similar thing happened to me... automatically got rejected..

Might apply again and try to tweak a few things... heheh
Reply 30
Do not apply at all, they treat you rubbish and it's REALLY bad pay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending