The Student Room Group

Tom Daley: British Diver

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Since watching his documentary last week I have a new found respect for him! He deserves to do well in the olympics, he's worked hard for it, he seems really down to earth and hasn't let all the fame go to his head (i.e. managing to get really good exam results on top of all his training, touring everywhere and his Dad passing away).
I just watched the documentary, everything with his dad :cry2:
Reply 82
Not as inspirational as Justin Bieber though. That is an 18 yr old to aspire to
Reply 83
Original post by Banishingboredom
It probably helps that he gets to practice for significantly longer because the Chinese thing that training every hour of the day seven days a week for a sporting contest is ok.

Agreed with this
Apparently he jousts his penis with the other hairy male divers penis in the changing room showers, and he likes it. He also deliberately squeezes his wet soap bar so it shoots out of his hands, this is an excuse to bend over of course without his speedos.

This is what I have heard.?
It probably helps that he gets to practice for significantly longer because the Chinese thing that training every hour of the day seven days a week for a sporting contest is ok.

Well if it helps them win then its not like their committing a crime? You make it sound like practicing is awful?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by betty bungle
Apparently he jousts his penis with the other hairy male divers penis in the changing room showers, and he likes it. He also deliberately squeezes his wet soap bar so it shoots out of his hands, this is an excuse to bend over of course without his speedos.

This is what I have heard.?

Considering we share the same changing rooms I have never seen such a thing happen. We don't happen to take off our speedos/jammers in the changing room showers anyway.
Original post by EnigmaticSpirit
GCSEs, in the long run, are worthless. Getting 3 As in A Levels is average for top candidates. He only did three A Levels, one of which is a very poor subject 'Photography', and he didn't get any A*s! :rolleyes:

You are wise, whoever thumbed me up. To dissent from popular opinion is essesntial. The masses are, most often, wrong.

So are you in agreement that 3 A's are very good?
Original post by EnigmaticSpirit
So? For someone from a private school this is average and easily-attainable.

If you genuinely believe the average private school student will achieve 8A*s, then you are a complete moron.
Original post by johnharris19944
Well if it helps then win them do it its not like their committing a crime? Your making it sound like practicing is awful?

Firstly your grammar is atrocious, and secondly I'm not saying practicing is a crime, just that this guy has a significant advantage over TD so it's unfair to build him up to win and then criticise him if he doesn't do so.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
1) your grammar is atrocious
2) no I'm not saying practicing is a crime, I'm saying that you shouldn't criticise Daley if he doesn't beat this guy.

:facepalm2:

So is yours. Have you ever heard of capital letters at the start of sentences?
1) your grammar is atrocious
2) no I'm not saying practicing is a crime, I'm saying that you shouldn't criticise Daley if he doesn't beat this guy.

:facepalm2:

If that's all you can attack then your argument is pretty crap. I was criticizing the people who were saying i hope Qui Bo gets his ass kicked and dumb stuff like that and why shouldn't I? The kids been shoved down our throats like his the greatest of all time if he cant back it up well then i think we have a right to criticize.
Original post by RtGOAT
I'm pretty sure he's gay tbh.

and?
Reply 93
Original post by Bellissima
and?

I know. It's like people try and make a point over the most trivial things
Reply 94
Firstly your grammar is atrocious, and secondly I'm not saying practicing is a crime, just that this guy has a significant advantage over TD so it's unfair to build him up to win and then criticise him if he doesn't do so.

Yours is not much better mate :colone:
Reply 95
Original post by Cephalus

Yeah I agree but he isn't even gay. He has a callendar of women in his bedroom and I saw him mention which olympic girls he was attracted to so you know.. And what Occassus who knows him has said
Original post by Jim_Metrin
Yours is not much better mate :colone:

Please educate me...
i like tom daley a lot, he is a very likable olympian and has been through a lot, people don't realise how hard what he has been through can be... especially training and studying at the same time... unimaginable... and still coming out on top. i hope he does well but even if he doesn't place highly it's still an immense achievement to get into the olympics in the first place. good luck to him.
Original post by Cephalus

it's stupid, you wouldn't make a post saying "i think he's straight tbh"... what is the point?
Original post by johnharris19944
If that's all you can attack then your argument is pretty crap. I was criticizing the people who were saying i hope Qui Bo gets his ass kicked and dumb stuff like that and why shouldn't I? The kids been shoved down our throats like his the greatest of all time if he cant back it up well then i think we have a right to criticize.

You're missing the point. He's rightly gained a lot of attention because he's talented and an all round nice guy who's had to cope with a lot. I didn't read anyone attacking Qui Bo, just your nonsense.

Quick Reply

Latest