The Student Room Group

Best product to use on hair after straightening?

What's the best product (e.g. serum)to put on hair after straightening/blow drying to make it look less dry and damaged? I use a protective spray before and intensive care shampoo, but it still looks a bit damaged so I want something to use after straightening to make it look better :biggrin:

Thanks!
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by SmileyGurl13
bump

What type of hair have you got? Are you white or black?
John frieda frizz-ease is the best.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by katyness
What type of hair have you got? Are you white or black?

my hair's dark blonde, I'm white.
I don't know how to describe it, it's quite frizzy/dry but gets greasy quickly!
Reply 5
my hair's dark blonde, I'm white.
I don't know how to describe it, it's quite frizzy/dry but gets greasy quickly!

try argan oil, or if u prefer Moroccan oil. tho it's cheaper and better to get argan, cos branding makes moroccan oil pricey.

you'll love the results and it whoops butt where products by ppl like john frieda are concerned (no offence to the person that made the suggestion :smile:) like u would not believe.

i spk as a woman with long, thick, an curly hair that has a propensity to frizz.
Reply 6
Original post by ashtoreth
try argan oil, or if u prefer Moroccan oil. tho it's cheaper and better to get argan, cos branding makes moroccan oil pricey.

you'll love the results and it whoops butt where products by ppl like john frieda are concerned (no offence to the person that made the suggestion :smile:) like u would not believe.

i spk as a woman with long, thick, an curly hair that has a propensity to frizz.

How do you use argan oil? Like before styling, or after?

Does it make your hair greasy?
Reply 7
How do you use argan oil? Like before styling, or after?

Does it make your hair greasy?

after you've finished styling...just a small blob (pea sized) should do it, tho i use a bit more, cos i got a lotta hair...experiment if and when u first geddit.

then just rub palms together and smooth gently over your hair...and the ends...
and nope, not greasy at all. it's that light, u don't feel it on your hair and as an added plus, it's totally natural.

here's the product. read the reviews. i use it one way, but there are all sorts of ways to use it...before washing...when damp etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Argan-Oil-Organic-100ml-Nails/dp/B004LYL4F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343584709&sr=8-1
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending