The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ice Constricter
With G4S you gotta take action. You can't just sit there waiting for a call or email. They don't give a ****. Drop in to one of their centres and demand you get seen to. WE CANNOT CONTINUE TO TOLERATE THEIR BLITHERING NONSENSE ANYMORE!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH G4S! YOU'VE SCREWED OVER ENOUGH PEOPLE AS IT IS!

Looool you tell 'em but yupp your correct, thats why i no longer sympathise with some people as theyve heard and seen the stories but still they wait

Sent from my GT-I9100
Original post by coolasacucumber
Looool you tell 'em but yupp your correct, thats why i no longer sympathise with some people as theyve heard and seen the stories but still they wait

Sent from my GT-I9100

Assertiveness ftw.

I actually did my interview way back in December, and for five tiresome months they were telling me I was still in the process of screening every time I phoned them up.
Original post by a-jay
Hope i can get a job still waiting for my accreditation pass, how long did it take for you? Can you stay for how many hours you want to? And do you have to go to a different place to sign in then go to your venue??

I applied for the job in December last year, got interviewed in March, did training in May and June, then got my schedule in mid July and was also asked to immediately collect my uniform.

People are getting emailed schedules, but might adjust them to go in at better times to suit them, since the schedules can be a bit messed up, and in some cases some people in this thread are saying they haven't even got schedules and are just turning up at a venue and getting work. Also, no one else, not the senior staff at your venue actually know who's meant to be in at what times or days, so it's quite easy for you to just decide to just change your schedule yourself. The times you actually come and sign in and out are what will count towards your final wages. So it's up to you to work as much as you like in order for the best amount of money paid to you.

I dunno about other people at other venues, but I sign in at my venue (NGA).
Original post by Ice Constricter
Assertiveness ftw.

I actually did my interview way back in December, and for five tiresome months they were telling me I was still in the process of screening every time I phoned them up.

Yeah i think there trained to give those generic no information giving answers

Sent from my GT-I9100
Is it only me whos bum bg is ripping? Needa see if i can get bnew one

Sent from my GT-I9100
Reply 4025
Can someone help me and tell me where the office to collect accreditation pass in London is please?
Reply 4026
I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me, I have passed s+v, had all my references checked, done all my role specific training (guard training) and sia training, sia are sending my documents back(can you tell me how long my documents take to get back to me since the emailed me on Thursday saying that they would be returned) I was given a reply from accreditation to pick up my pass but when I went the said I weren't on the system, they fast tracked me and said that it would take a few days. Is star lane the only place where you can pick up accreditation? Thanks very much :smile:
Original post by abzzii
I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me, I have passed s+v, had all my references checked, done all my role specific training (guard training) and sia training, sia are sending my documents back(can you tell me how long my documents take to get back to me since the emailed me on Thursday saying that they would be returned) I was given a reply from accreditation to pick up my pass but when I went the said I weren't on the system, they fast tracked me and said that it would take a few days. Is star lane the only place where you can pick up accreditation? Thanks very much :smile:

Yes star lane is the only place around London not sure about other places. If you are talking about SIA it took me about 3 weeks.

Use the tracker here:
http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-status-checker.aspx
Reply 4028
Original post by GuitarWizard
Yes star lane is the only place around London not sure about other places. If you are talking about SIA it took me about 3 weeks.

Use the tracker here:
http://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-status-checker.aspx

Thank you, was the 3 week wait for your licence/badge to arrive or your/and documents? Thank you.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom

People are getting emailed schedules, but might adjust them to go in at better times to suit them, since the schedules can be a bit messed up, and in some cases some people in this thread are saying they haven't even got schedules and are just turning up at a venue and getting work. Also, no one else, not the senior staff at your venue actually know who's meant to be in at what times or days, so it's quite easy for you to just decide to just change your schedule yourself.

Yeah this is what I am going to do tomorrow, there is no way they can prove where I am meant to be, you can easily argue that your ESS has changed and you have not been made aware of it, or you just got told over the phone....

There is no way for them to prove it, so there you go xD
Will see how it goes tomorrow anyway.
Does anyone know if we only get the 'bonus" if we complete every single shift on our ess??? That's what people were telling me at work yesterday but I found it so unfair because I'm scheduled to work every single day for more than 2 weeks...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Original post by yennibubs
Does anyone know if we only get the 'bonus" if we complete every single shift on our ess??? That's what people were telling me at work yesterday but I found it so unfair because I'm scheduled to work every single day for more than 2 weeks...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

The ESS changes so much you could probably argue that it's near impossible to keep up with the changes and could probably challenge for the money, but if they are this unorganised, they won't have any idea and just pay everyone the bonus they have earnt.
Reply 4032
I'm tempted to go to Stratford though been told there are massive ***** there. I think I'll be going there Tuesday! What time do you guys start who Evers in Stratford or on Monday. Laters.
I think nearly all shifts at Stratford are 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
Reply 4034
Does anyone mind telling me how long sia take to return my documents? Thank you :smile: and does it come with a certificate.
Guys, got my first day shift tomorrow at the Velodrome! Anyone hit any hints or tips to survive? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4036
Original post by Jamielawrence1945
Guys, got my first day shift tomorrow at the Velodrome! Anyone hit any hints or tips to survive? :smile:

Don't know what your role is but you'll probably be guarding a gate or patrolling, easy jobs, guys at Velo are great, trust me it's nothing to worry about.
Reply 4037
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I applied for the job in December last year, got interviewed in March, did training in May and June, then got my schedule in mid July and was also asked to immediately collect my uniform.

People are getting emailed schedules, but might adjust them to go in at better times to suit them, since the schedules can be a bit messed up, and in some cases some people in this thread are saying they haven't even got schedules and are just turning up at a venue and getting work. Also, no one else, not the senior staff at your venue actually know who's meant to be in at what times or days, so it's quite easy for you to just decide to just change your schedule yourself. The times you actually come and sign in and out are what will count towards your final wages. So it's up to you to work as much as you like in order for the best amount of money paid to you.

I dunno about other people at other venues, but I sign in at my venue (NGA).

Aright coo. I heard they paying £10 an hour is that true? I hope my accreditation pass comes tomorrow then I'm going to move to London on Tuesday :smile:
Original post by Major93
Don't know what your role is but you'll probably be guarding a gate or patrolling, easy jobs, guys at Velo are great, trust me it's nothing to worry about.

Yeah mate, I'm doing guarding :smile: that's good!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by a-jay
Hey has anyone been told that they are going through fast track to get their accreditation pass which should only take 2-3 days? I got told that and today is my 4th day and still my accreditation pass is with home office for background checks even though I'm british and was born in UK! so why should they be looking into my details sooo much arghhh!!!

I was told this about a week ago.

Quick Reply

Latest