The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glad Bonnie is better :hugs:

Went to see the volleyball this morning :smile: watched GB lose to Bulgaria. I found myself getting quite into it actually. Although no ome told me that we got to see two matches, so we ended up leaving early :frown: I feel bad for wasting part of the ticket :s-smilie: might go again sometime though - we've got another 5 sets of tickets.
Been to the gym for the first tome in a week. Didn't burn as many calories as I had hoped as I started to feel dizzy. I've not been eating properly the last few days (as in missing meals) as I'm having a few problems with my bf and because it's worrying me so much I just feel nauseous all the time and don't want to eat :s

Hopefully I can clear my head in the next few days as it is getting on my nerves.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Glad to hear Bonnie is okay now :h:
You're so lucky you get to go and see some of the events Flo, very jealous!

Woke up with a sore stomach this morning (And now the 'good' type of sore) so had breakfast, didn't feel much better so I'm going to try doing around 30-45 minutes on the Wii. Haven't exercised much this week (Need a kick up the bum!) so it'll give me a little boost.
Legs feel like jelly! But in a good way :h:
Just realised I've only four small strawberries and a tiny bit of natural yoghurt left, so I'll have to go on a mini shop tomorrow. I'll have to have a really small smoothie tomorrow :L
Reply 6084
did about 25 minutes on the treadmill before going for a swim today. (was intending to do 30 but a boy I know came in so I ran away aha, yes I'm that silly)
only did 2.6km in that time though so since I think 30minutes is a normalish time for a 5k run I sill have a long was to go and am pretty unfit haha. especially since I read people on this site saying you get better times and stuff on the treadmill since its somehow easier. Might download the couch to 5k pod casts and see if they are any useful.
Haven't been to the gym since my car crash. Neck hurts too much :frown: So bloody annoying, I want to lose more weight/ get fitter!
Original post by original_username
Haven't been to the gym since my car crash. Neck hurts too much :frown: So bloody annoying, I want to lose more weight/ get fitter!

Didn't realise you'd been in a car crash.. are you okay?
FINALLY got rid of the latest stubborn pound - on to the next one!!
Reply 6088
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Just thought I'd tell everyone that Bonnie (the dog) is finally seeming much better. It took 4 trips to the vets, sedation, blood tests, xrays, anti inflammatories, a lot of pain killers and a drip... But she seems to have turned a corner (knock on wood). Thank god.

So... Today we are having a lot of family round, so not really any chance to exercise until later evening. I'll probably go for a bike ride fairly late, but at least it'll be something. Bonnie slept on the end of my bed all night (she can finally climb back on again), and I caught up on some of the sleep I lost while up 3 nights in a row looking after her.
I'll hopefully get back on track now. Although on another note, I think I LOOK thinner, especially in my tummy :smile:

You'll hopefully be able to walk Bonnie round the park again soon, exercise problem sorted :biggrin: Big :hugs: to you and your pooch.
Original post by flamingoshoes
I was just wondering if anybody had any good ideas for healthy diet lunchboxes - I'm starting a new job next week and then starting my PGCE in Sept so I'm looking for ways to keep healthy at lunch (and to save a fortune by not eating out every day haha). Sandwiches are a no because I'm gluten free and refuse to pay the ridiculous prices for gluten free bread haha.

Any suggestions?

They're not exactly healthy but by golly they're cheap http://www.foodbargains.co.uk/products/Byron_Bay_Gluten_Free_Cookies_60g_3_For_1-16142-6.html

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Managed to get my calorie intake up to 1500 by having a cereal bar after the gym and a slice of toast with peanut butter in the late afternoon. I also has a weight watchers dessert as a treat, a bit carb heavy today but I don't care :p:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I dont know if I said the first bit but the second is definitely new; had two people say lots of nice things about how they can see ive lost weight and today lost 1lb so almost at the 20lbs/1 and a half stone mark. :grin:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Didn't realise you'd been in a car crash.. are you okay?

Nothing too serious, just a sore neck and a twinge in my back. Suppose I just have to be more strict on the diet side of things now. Might try going for a jog tomorrow.
Original post by flamingoshoes
FINALLY got rid of the latest stubborn pound - on to the next one!!

well done I know how frustrating a plateau is
Just withdrawn from transformation contest, my head's just not in it right now due to various things.
I fail today. Grr!

Gym and dog walk tomorrow to make up for it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I binged this weekend because I felt so low and stressed. I was doing well with eating so I'm disappointed with myself. Hopefully from tomorrow I'll be able to control myself a little better, and get out of the house a bit more.
Reply 6097
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Just withdrawn from transformation contest, my head's just not in it right now due to various things.

Cuddle. Seems a lot of people are struggling in general recently.
I’ve never been a huge fan of the whole BMI chart, but I decided to check it to see what I was. I haven’t done it since I started this two months ago, and I’m no longer in the ‘obese’ section, I’m now just in the ‘overweight’ category!
Im 2kg away from the overweight category, gonna aim to make it into the overweight by the end of september.
Dont know why people eat junk when they are stressed surely thats the best time to have an angry workout and get out all your frustrations, and feel better afterwards not worse.

Latest