the hungry caterpillar
Reply 2461
The Celestine Prophecy
Harry Potter
Goosebumps
Reply 2464
50 shades of grey
Reply 2465
So. At first I wrote the critique of evil religion, which is called "theory of evolution from the primary replicator to "homo sapiens-super-sapiens" and then came up with the definition of life:"Life - the active model of the observed situation in the cell membrane, equipped with a polypeptide-nucleic technology". And as a result it turns out funny sci-fi! :smile:

http://spacenoology.agro.name/?page_id=5640

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=364404846962684&set=a.364404780296024.79961.100001795141602&type=1&theater
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2466
Gormenghast series by Mervyn Peake; completely underrated classic.
Original post by ~|Lóst
Heys ...since i fineshed school now im pretty much bored :frown: so i want to read some trilogies or just "one off"

Im trying to find a book that has:

Comedy ( Not important )
School life ( Eg They go to bording school or something )
Bit of Romance

P.S I don't want to read The Hunger games..harry potter...Twilight...and I don't pretty much like Fighting books...

Looking for Alaska by John Green. I know my reply is nearly a month late.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
The Last Days of the Incas by Kim MacQuarrie. An amazing read and really fascinating how a 100 Spaniards brought down an entire empire.
Reply 2469
Are you looking for books of fiction or factual books?
+1 to Heller and Vonnegut.

All Quiet on the Western Front by Remarque is another classic. If you fancied looking at a play you could try Journey's End by R.C. Sherriff.
The Bernie Gunther series by Phillip Kerr? Berlin Noir, German Requiem, One from the Other etc.?

I have an interest in Russian too - try Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith or Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith?
I used to love the Beaver Towers books when I was younger, and some of the kids at my mum's primary school used to read them too I think. So they're quite nice for something different, if they're not a bit too long for what you're after?
Original post by Cephalus
Are you looking for books of fiction or factual books?

Fiction :smile:.
My younger brother adored the 'Magic Treehouse' series when he was that age. It's an American series of children's books and they never failed to amuse him.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
This is a good opportunity to start introducing them to the classics of children's literature, so:

Anything by Roald Dahl or Dick King Smith (The Sheep Pig and the Sophie series of books I loved)

The Chronicles of Narnia.

The Hobbit.

Peter Pan.

Alice in Wonderland.

Famous 5 Books, I found them irritating as a child but most kids love them.

Swallows and Amazons! Literally the best book ever.

None of those feature any dinosaurs I'm afraid but they're still awesome.
Just want to post a new book my friend has had published. Its about a group of boys who experience a zombie Apocalypse as a virus ravages throughout west coast America. If you like psychological horrors, thrillers and suspension then I recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hollow-Shotguns-Khalid-Patel/dp/0957325509/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1342278254&sr=8-3
Where there are servants and stuff. The one's I've read that I've enjoyed are:

Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier
The House at Riverton - Kate Morton
The Unseen - Katherine Webb.

I usually like ones that are a bit dark or with a mystery aspect.

Also are there any good vampire novels?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2478
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, perhaps?

Also, try The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, it's an unusually good book about the myth of Dracula.
Original post by Star7
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, perhaps?

Also, try The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, it's an unusually good book about the myth of Dracula.

I've read them both lol but thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending