The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelawstudent
does anyone here watch the show 'Suits' (US legal drama)?

Original post by Tsunami2011
I think asking does anyone here NOT watch the show 'Suits' would be more appropriate.

So, have anyone started on season 2 yet? :tongue:
Original post by Akiraryuu
So, have anyone started on season 2 yet? :tongue:

yes, started watching season 2 online:colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
yes, started watching season 2 online:colondollar:

I'm waiting for season 2 to end so that I can marathon it. I don't think I can wait for an episode a week. :biggrin:
Suits is crap and totally distant from the real world of Law... or so I have been told.
Reply 3884
Original post by Ray of Light
Suits is crap and totally distant from the real world of Law... or so I have been told.

It has no basis in reality; the protagonist is straight out of science fiction, the plot is contrived, and the depiction of the law firm very much plays to the expectations of your average american tv viewer.

That said, it's still very entertaining. The dialogue is often excellent, and some of the pop culture references are hilarious. Also, the suits themselves are spectacular.
actually you may be right, just read a trainee profile on the lawyer2b website and this guy says the real world is nothing like Suits.. :frown: :frown:
actually you may be right, just read a trainee profile on the lawyer2b website and this guy says the real world is nothing like Suits.. :frown: :frown:

Also, is not suits US, in which case US legal practicce and UK legal practice are completely different aren't they?
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Also, is not suits US, in which case US legal practicce and UK legal practice are completely different aren't they?

not completely sure, but i think the corporate law firm on Suits is international with offices around the world, or if not, then offices in the UK/EU
Has anyone else applied for mini pupillages? So exicted for uni haha!
Sorry to jump into the wrong thread, but as I didn't get a reply in the 2013 one here it goes;

I've just done volunteering today at a sports school for kids, it's absolutely awful and I feel completely taken advantage for (I would explain but I'll not bore you with my rant). I'm just wondering how good this volunteering would really look? It'd come to about 40-50 hours all together across the week, and while it's obviously not law related, as an extra curricular activity would impress anyone?

Cheers x
Original post by Conzy210
Sorry to jump into the wrong thread, but as I didn't get a reply in the 2013 one here it goes;

I've just done volunteering today at a sports school for kids, it's absolutely awful and I feel completely taken advantage for (I would explain but I'll not bore you with my rant). I'm just wondering how good this volunteering would really look? It'd come to about 40-50 hours all together across the week, and while it's obviously not law related, as an extra curricular activity would impress anyone?

Cheers x

It will count for barely anything. Just quit and go enjoy your summer, and tbh you can still mention it in passing.
Original post by Tsunami2011
It will count for barely anything. Just quit and go enjoy your summer, and tbh you can still mention it in passing.

Just as I thought haha, looks like no half 6 start for me! :biggrin:
Reply 3892
Original post by Silver Aurora
Has anybody got any knowledge if the following universities are any good for Law?

-Ulster
-Portsmouth
-Plymouth
-Nottingham Trent
-Northampton
-Lincoln
-Greenwich
-Edinburgh Napier
-Derby
-Conventry
-Brighton
-Aberdeen

Did you apply to any of these in the end?:smile:
Original post by sonnn
Did you apply to any of these in the end?:smile:

I applied to Aberdeen, Portsmouth, Hull, Reading and Winchester. PM if you want deets.
Original post by Conzy210

Cheers x

You know, I think it might. As far as I'm concerned, the unis are always glad to know that potential students don't waste their summers. But, if it's killing you, then just rough it up for a couple of weeks, just long enough to make it look impressive on your resume and then quit. :smile:
Reply 3895
message on track: Our Track Service is currently restricted whilst we process exam results to institutions.
:s 16 days left.....
I am going to feel so smug with my unconditional offer on results day. I can sit and watch everyone else teetering on the brink of insanity :teehee:

I know, I know, I'm a sadistic bastard :biggrin:
Reply 3897
Original post by michael321
I am going to feel so smug with my unconditional offer on results day. I can sit and watch everyone else teetering on the brink of insanity :teehee:

I'm working our clearing hotline, gonna feel pretty sadistic saying no to sobbing sixth formers :s-smilie:
Original post by michael321

Not just an unconditional, but an unconditional to Oxford. You vile mofo.
Man two negs already? Seriously it's like you can't be an evil sadist any more these days :wink: What is the world coming to?

Original post by roh
I'm working our clearing hotline, gonna feel pretty sadistic saying no to sobbing sixth formers :s-smilie:

If I were you I would take bribes. Could be lucrative.

Original post by Kidioteque
Not just an unconditional, but an unconditional to Oxford. You vile mofo.

Ah but I have spent a year working full time in an office for £5 an hour, getting up at 6am, so I think I have served my time.

Quick Reply

Latest