The Student Room Group

Ugly and surrounded by beautiful people.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
I know its all about how you feel on the inside bla bla bla, but I hate how I'm treated just because of my looks. Out of the six secondary schools I've been to 4 of them I've been bullied at, in one of them I was entirely ignored by my entire year. The last school I went to was a private school where everyone could afford to be beautiful and I stick out like a sore thumb being chubby, having spotty skin, dull hair, and terrible teeth, I had hardly any friends. It also doesn't help that my own mother is gorgeous and did modelling when she was my age. My younger siblings all seem to take over her as well. I'm like the ugly duckling and it makes me feel terrible. I used to be cute as a child and I actually think most of it is my own fault, my teeth were never properly looked after, I ate crap, I never wore a brace, I never did anything to look after my teeth etc etc. And I can't afford to have anything done about it. My parents are in a lot of debt, and most of my clothes and such that I have are over a few years old. I certainly can't afford facials. And I try to diet, and Im persevering with that, but i often eat out of comfort too! :frown: When I was skinnier a year or two a go I was still ugly because of my teeth, and dark bushy eyebrows and large nose anyways. I have especially bad teeth because I was in a car accident and three were broken and now I've had them replaced and I bruising on my gums and obvious teeth that are a different colour to the rest. It makes me so depressed because I know it has been the major factor in why I've never had many friends. Ive tried makeup but I just look even worse, it makes my skin look worse and lipstick highlights how bad my teeth are. My favourite escapism in the world is acting, but I know I'd never be able to have a proper career in that because of my looks either.

Sorry, I know theres nothing anyone on TSR can do, but the people I'm surrounded by don't understand why I'm so upset by it, mainly because they don't entirely know what it feels like. I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest...

OP, I get the feeling that your self-esteem and confidence is not particularly high and you perceive that you are not good-looking. Not everyone around you will be "beautiful" as everyone has their own flaws. Maybe, instead of thinking about you supposedly not being "good looking", instead you could try "looking good" - in the sense that you should develop your own style and class. That should definitely make you feel better about yourself and not care about what others might think of you.
Reply 41
it's not really about what they say but how you feel about yourself. You have to love yourself first and share love to other people then that way you can make friends with other people
Original post by im so academic
If I were a nice person and we shared similar values and we liked doing similar things, would you genuinely be interested in being friends with me despite my being ugly?

...yes? wth do you have any friends because I barely even think about my friends appearance, let alone judge them on it.
Reply 43
stop worrying about it and start doing something.i know its not easy but atleast start loosing wait,exercise tht wont cause a thing,try to eat healthy i know you think you cannot afford it but try to pick veges and stay away from the fried food. anyways yu just need to know you are not ugly and you can fix it.
Reply 44
I should probably offer some more useful advice on life and how you shouldn't be so focused on appearance (which is true) but thats more difficult and requires proper thinking and well I'm tired.
so I'm just going to comment on improving your appearance because as is perhaps suitable for something so superficial it requires less thought.

The last school I went to was a private school where everyone could afford to be beautiful and I stick out like a sore thumb being chubby, having spotty skin, dull hair, and terrible teeth,

firstly people who are dirt poor "could afford" not to have any of those problems, therefore you can afford to deal with them.Thats not meant to be a criticism as such but trying to point out that there is hope.
firstly,loosing weight doesn't have to cost money.. however since you seem to have self esteem issues I would discuss any weight loss plans with someone first to make sure your not just being over critical in the way that most girls think their body is bad when its not. and to make sure you don't do anything unhealthy
secondly, spotty skin can be fixed with pretty much no money. if its really bad you can go to the doctors and get treatments such as tablets or prescription strength creams on the nhs. If its not that bad then a good skin care regime would fix most problems - and no good doesn't mean expensive. just wash your face well twice a day,everyday and occasionally exfoliate. the exfoliation will help your skin lots but you can't do it to often as it will dry your skin out and make things worse instead of better.
thirdly- again washing and conditioning your hair often will stop it being dull. and you can afford this, even pound store products will help.

you can't really help your teeth without a dentist.

My parents are in a lot of debt, and most of my clothes and such that I have are over a few years old. I certainly can't afford facials.

I don't see the problem with your clothes being a few years old :s-smilie: and it doesn't matter that you can't afford facials, facials are a treat not something anyone actually needs.

And I try to diet, and Im persevering with that, but i often eat out of comfort too! :frown:

you really need to try to stop doing this, not just from a weight perspective but having an emotional dependence on food is not healthy

When I was skinnier a year or two a go I was still ugly because of my teeth, and dark bushy eyebrows and large nose anyways.

I'm guessing you can't afford to get your eyebrows waxed but you could pluck them yourself

Ive tried makeup but I just look even worse, it makes my skin look worse and lipstick highlights how bad my teeth are.

your doing it wrong. if you practice it will get better, you can find tutorials and things online also.

but I think most importantly, yes you can change and improve your appearance and you will probably feel somewhat better if you do so, you do need to realise that its not the most important thing in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending