The Student Room Group

I've never had a boyfriend..I am almost 20.

So, I have never had a boyfriend before. I get a lot of male attention, I am often told that I am very pretty and beautiful. However, that was only recently. Nonetheless, I have never had a boyfriend, never been on a date or asked out. (I don't know if you want hang out counts tbh)

I have never kissed a guy before, I am still a virgin...which is hard because I am now experiencing raging hormones.

Anyone else like me ? I can not wait until I experience love, the play fighting, talks, arguments :wink: .. how does it feel like?
Original post by Anonymous
So, I have never had a boyfriend before. I get a lot of male attention, I am often told that I am very pretty and beautiful. However, that was only recently. Nonetheless, I have never had a boyfriend, never been on a date or asked out. (I don't know if you want hang out counts tbh)

I have never kissed a guy before, I am still a virgin...which is hard because I am now experiencing raging hormones.

Anyone else like me ? I can not wait until I experience love, the play fighting, talks, arguments :wink: .. how does it feel like?

Hey :smile: I'm a guy but in exactly the same situation as you (except with girls, not guys of course). Often been told that I've got a lot going for me in one way or another, but I've never managed to make any progress with girls. Still a virgin at 19 and know exactly how you feel!

Sometimes I'm not sure that I'm up for all the stress of a relationship, but at the same time I feel like I've missed out on those teenage experiences that most people seem to have! There's nothing wrong with just waiting for the right person to come along of course, but for me it's getting harder to do that - I don't want to get to 20, 22, 24 and still have not done anything!

Do you 'put yourself out there' by going out and trying to meet people, or do you hang back and hope that someone will make a move? Sometimes the guys are just as nervous! :P
Reply 2
Me neither, not a "proper" boyfriend anyway. I'm 23 in November. :s-smilie:
I don't even know how to "put myself out there"! However, if I am honest about it I don't really think about this predicament unless I am with couples or someone asks me directly about it. The idea of just meeting someone on a night out and it leading to any sort of relationship just perplexes me. I don't get much male attention anyway, at least to my knowledge. Maybe I should just get a lot of cats and been done with it...
Reply 3
Yeah same, I'm 19 and have never had a proper boyfriend. My problem is that I'm quite shy.
I've just finished uni...had a couple of relationships, there's ups and downs to them.

You'll learn the excitement, emotions and feelings and fun all involved, but you'll probably experience the heartbreaking pain too when things don't always work out.

Don't be afraid of trying things, you're young, and its the best time to experiment and try things you've never done before but don't force yourself out of your comfort zone to do so.

If you like someone...give it a shot...it may not be perfect but you'll learn from it, I always think with every relationship that ends you're just learning more so you are ready when you find The one who is just right.

Good luck, have fun, and if it doesn't quite work, pick yourself up and have some time to heal and think to yourself..it happens to everyone.
Reply 5
Right first of all I would like to point out that I don't have this problem I have and some relationships.

The advice I have to give is to get to know people if you have feelings for them then act on them the worst that can happen is you'll be told no for the time being enjoy your life you have plenty of years to find someone special

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
You say you get attention from guys. So how can it be so hard to get boyfriend? It isnt hard for girls in general to get a boyfriend if they really wanted to.
i love this guy like crazy and he's just being a dick. I don't know why I'm writing this right now.
It's because I feel really bad and am about to burst in to tears.
Reply 8

Stop being so picky, its not a big deal /thread
Reply 9
I had done nothing with a woman until the age of 24 mainly because I was too blind to see when a woman liked me and too shy to make the first move myself otherwise. Unless you're desperate for some reason I don't see why it's a big deal, if it happens it happens, but I can say for certain everything is much easier once you get past the first hurdle.

I'm 27 and I'm already bored of relationships, so don't sweat it, it'll pass.

Just talk to guys, flirt, sooner or later you'll be in a relationship you'll probably be glad to be out of after the fact. :smile:
Who cares? I'm 22 and never had a girlfriend - "I am what I am". Your time will come.
Reply 12

Hey don't sweat it, you aint the only person who hasn't had a boy/girlfriend. I'm 19 and I'm just like you and there are others in TSR like us. You just gotta wait I guess because that's what I'm doing cuz I want a good relationship.
ORRR.. because you are a girl you have an advantage to get what you want if you flirt obviously.

Typical superficial problems thread. I'm sorry but if you are as attractive and nice as you make out, you really should not have any problems. I bet you've rejected loads of guys, but then you're here complaining how you don't have a boyfriend. It is about 10 times easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend.

Just put yourself out there. Why just sit on the shelf when you could go and find a boyfriend for yourself? You won't have to work hard. The point is you are just as, if not more frightening to guys as they are to you, and prospective boyfriends might not have been brave/confident enough, so instead of doing what most girls do (crying about it), seize the day - problem solved. If you find someone attractive, and funny, ask them out? Duh. If more girls approached life would be a whole lot easier for everyone.

I haven't had a girlfriend, but plenty of girls have said I'm very clever, cute, funny ect. Why? I don't have much confidence, and resultantly I get friend zoned far too much for my own good.

If all else fails, its also really easy for attractive girls to simply get laid; problem solved.
Why don't you have some initiative, take a chance and ask some guys out?

Also, I don't get what's with people giving a **** about not having had a boyfriend or girlfriend by a certain age - why do you feel obliged to partake in social customs? Is "finding someone" and being in a relationship something you ACTUALLY WANT, or is it something you think you should want, because society has conditioned you to think so? If you're happy being alone,or just having casual relationships or only having sex with people, well don't feel bad that you don't conform.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15

Eh it's overrated to be honest. Just wait for the right person to come along.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending