The Student Room Group

Hass school of business

Can anyone explain how the business undergraduate works in this school?

I went on the website and it is SOOO complicated. It doesnt say a simple "do this for 4 years ,you end up with this", its so damn complex and perturbed..

any information is appreciated!
Reply 1
bump./
Reply 2
You only get one chance to apply to the school, and if admitted you will start at the beginning of your junior year. You must have completed the prerequisite courses and language/credit requirements before applying to the school. Once admitted, you must also complete the 7-course breadth sequence (courses in a variety of departments) in order to graduate with your degree. You will graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration.
Reply 3
Original post by avash27
You only get one chance to apply to the school, and if admitted you will start at the beginning of your junior year. You must have completed the prerequisite courses and language/credit requirements before applying to the school. Once admitted, you must also complete the 7-course breadth sequence (courses in a variety of departments) in order to graduate with your degree. You will graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration.

How did you find out you graduate with a BS in Busi.Admin?

Also, do you complete those prerequisits whilst your doing a different undergraduate programme? Meaning you cant enter this programme as a freshman?
Reply 4
Original post by kinglynx
How did you find out you graduate with a BS in Busi.Admin?

Also, do you complete those prerequisits whilst your doing a different undergraduate programme? Meaning you cant enter this programme as a freshman?

Looked on the website under undergraduate major, and the page title was "Major in Business Administration".

No you cannot enter the school as a freshman. You go into the College of Letters and Science, you can go in as an undecided major then apply to the school during your sophomore year. You have to do the prerequisites no matter what major you do, meaning they can be completed while you are still "undecided".
Reply 5
Original post by avash27
Looked on the website under undergraduate major, and the page title was "Major in Business Administration".

No you cannot enter the school as a freshman. You go into the College of Letters and Science, you can go in as an undecided major then apply to the school during your sophomore year. You have to do the prerequisites no matter what major you do, meaning they can be completed while you are still "undecided".

Oh... that seems a bit awkward and stupid in my opinion. What if i declare a major, can i still go into Haas?
Reply 6
Original post by kinglynx
Oh... that seems a bit awkward and stupid in my opinion. What if i declare a major, can i still go into Haas?

I assume so, but if your goal is to go to Haas to begin with what would you declare as your major? If you don't get in, you'd have to declare one anyway, but I don't know if you can declare one before applying to the school.
Reply 7
oh okay that makes a lot more sense! thanks ! is economics a good major to do at univeristy ? what if I wana go into medicine is the major smiled upon?
Reply 8
Hmmm what if i changed my mind and wanted to do a masters in finance in england (say london school of economics), would an economics bachelors be a good choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending