De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort Accommodation Sep 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Afua93
same i'm torn too! but hmmm placement is good for work experience etc..and the erasmus scheme would be a once in a life time opportunity torn :L
aha, me too! these month will drag!

yeh, I can't decide either.
erasmus will help you learn a language (which is good in business), and they pay for all expenses.

but placement will help you get out there, and they might even offer you a job,
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Well I spent the day at De Montfort yesterday. Met with one of the lecturers and toured the campus. Definitely going to apply for Newarke Point. It looked even better than the accomodation I'd seen previously.
Reply 22
So stuck with accommodation :frown:
Reply 23
Same. ^

But we don't apply till the 12th of May or something?
I saw Newarke Point when I went there, but idk, haven't even looked at the other accommodation yet.
Reply 24
Hi i have a conditional offer studying bsuiness managment with enterprise
Has anyone got any recomendations for accomadation
Hi guys im hopefully gona be goin de montfort in sept but dunno were to stay ...... Any idea guys ?
Reply 26
I'm staying at Filbert Village in 2012 :smile:
Reply 27
Hi !

Just found out something pretty cool. after doing my research I wanted to stay in filbert village but found the instalments were to high (£1000 plus for the first instalment !!) ,so I went to the unite website to see if I could get it any cheaper, turns out I could !! . the room I applied for through the uni would of cost me 110Pounds PW, but as i applied straight through the website I got a discount and now I only have to pay 89 Pounds PW for the same room !!
also the instalments were lower and more spread out now my first instalment is £557 instead of £1000+ !!!

i was amazed and i urge people who are thinking of applying to filbert to do the same !! who doesn't like saving a bit of money
hi guys im realy confused were to stay.... im hopefully gona be studying pharmacy .. but i want to be staying sum where i no sum peepz....
Reply 29
NP-A-3-3ee

I think I'm alone...
Reply 30
Original post by Rmillmoor
NP-A-3-3ee

I think I'm alone...

no go on the group on facebook there's loads!
Original post by Afua93
that sounds alright :smile: are you bothered about DMU being so low on the rankings?

Please, please, please care.
They are low for a good reason, the rankings has been slipping for the past 4 years now.

If they give you the wrong timetable they will threaten to kick you out of the university even when it is not your fault and force you to fill in a non attendance form.

A good selection of their computer system is failed every day.

Their so-called secure computer system where you can store your student work is not secure, there is a wide open back door invitation in it.

They try and give as many people as they can diagnosis of some kind of problem like dyslexia even if you don't have it! I have been told by staff off the record that they do this just for government grants.

They have been investigated by the regional MP. (is this enough for you yet?)

I have seen them falsify mental health problems, which were taken to the educational board under the use of the Data Protection Act, then forced to be removed from records.

They continue to employ staff who break student confidentiality.

This year staff were "reorganised" to cover up their epic failings of the last two years.

Their staff have admit individually that their systems are ridiculously bad, yet institutionally they get behind their party line and deny all responsibility.

They falsely advertise some courses saying they are accredited when on these courses they have no industrial body backing them up on it! (I can give you one example in private message only).

Have you had enough? I'm not finished yet either...

Their exams commonly have typographical issues.

If they recognise certain types of help you need they will give it only when it is too late.

They look good on the surface, but underneath the flashy lights exists a university of people who would only claim their own fake intelligence.

I was invited to this place, and they showed me absolutely no respect as a human being. Even with myself going out of my way to be polite and understanding of their points of view. I now have a medical problem because of them. I am not faking this in the slightest because my doctor backed this up. Before I came to DMU I was happy and successful.

If any one reads what I have just wrote and doesn't intend to do any research to find out what their real problems are then I pity you, you are in for a rough ride.

What I have written here does not even scratch the surface.

DO NOT GO TO DEMONTFORT UNIVERSITY
Room Available!*

£75 a week including wireless internet and water*
Not including electric
Double bed
Massive bedroom that is fully furnished*
Located in a flat block 2 minutes from town centre
2 minutes from DMU SU and lecture buildings.*

The flat itself is on 2 floors with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and living area.*

Looking for someone to take my place ASAP!
Sharing with 2 girls and a boy, *2 studying English, one studying Bio-Medical Science. all really lovely people!*

Message me for further details!*

[email protected]
http://tl.gd/igomh1 · Reply
Report post (?)
Room Available!*

£75 a week including wireless internet and water*
Not including electric
Double bed
Massive bedroom that is fully furnished*
Located in a flat block 2 minutes from town centre
2 minutes from DMU SU and lecture buildings.*

The flat itself is on 2 floors with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and living area.*

Looking for someone to take my place ASAP!
Sharing with 2 girls and a boy, *2 studying English, one studying Bio-Medical Science. all really lovely people!*

Message me for further details!*

[email protected]
http://tl.gd/igomh1 · Reply
Report post (?)
Reply 34
Room Available in 3 bed flat
£100 a week including gas, electric and water
FREE high speed internet
Double room and good sized shared bathroom
Well equipped kitchen/lounge area including television and own washing machine in flat (No more paying and waiting for a free washing machine in common area!!)
On DMU campus
5 mins from town centre

Move in early September

Sharing with friendly girl, Year 2 Psychology student

Email SULets direct or PM me for more info
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
if your going to DMU , i recommend you live in mansion court halls, it is the closest accommodation to the university and it is the most interesting for freshers. i booked to live here in 2nd year but i have just been informed by student finance i will not be receiving a grant , therefore i wouldnt be able to afford it. however i am willing to pass it over to any student who wants it. its £100 a week all inclusive for more details about the accomodation visit http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/loca...accommodation/

it is the biggest room in the whole accommodation as i did my research before booking it

please get intouch with me if you want this room

[email protected]
Reply 36
Original post by haiderj2006
Hi guys im hopefully gona be goin de montfort in sept but dunno were to stay ...... Any idea guys ?

if your going to DMU , i recommend you live in mansion court halls, it is the closest accommodation to the university and it is the most interesting for freshers. i booked to live here in 2nd year but i have just been informed by student finance i will not be receiving a grant , therefore i wouldnt be able to afford it. however i am willing to pass it over to any student who wants it. its £100 a week all inclusive for more details about the accomodation visit http://www.mansionstudent.co.uk/loca...accommodation/

it is the biggest room in the whole accommodation as i did my research before booking it

[email protected]
Reply 37
Original post by ifnnjk
So stuck with accommodation :frown:

[email protected]
Reply 38
heyy guys am a current student at DMU and a mentor for 1st years so if you need any questions answering just ask..

Thanks
Reply 39
Hi, i am moving to Leicester at the end of septermber to go to De montford Uni, where are good places to live ?
Code looks nice but it is 105 plus electricity ! how much would electricity be per week ?
Thank you :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending