The Student Room Group

any unis accepting places yet ? before teh 16th

im a mature student and have my a level results

- i was reading on a unis website how they are accepting now -they were in fact not

are there any unis actually accepting now ?

cheers
Reply 1
if you already have your alevel results, then your offer should be unconditional :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by I_love_laughing

- i was reading on a unis website how they are accepting now -they were in fact not

cheers

No, why would they, they won't know the full a-level results till a week before results day and in that time they sort out the places for clearing and adjustment.

I would suggest look on the websites of uni's as some put out info of possible courses coming up in clearing, take those numbers down and call them on results day, my college gave out results at 6am on results day, my mate was able to call up before clearing opened and got a place. Which you could do :smile:

But if you've already got a firm than it should be unconditional so don't worry :smile:
If your UCAS says your place has been confirmed then they've officially accepted, I have been by Sussex so I assume some unis are accepting unconditionals around now.
Reply 4
unconditional offers are being accepted now, conditionals won't be until results day.
Reply 5
Original post by I_love_laughing

cheers

Yes i think some are! A friend of a friend who applied to university to study drama and theater was originally only given a conditional offer, however recently, the offer has been firmed and is now unconditional so she has her place at the uni!..... For the rest of us it's just a nervous 2 weeks wait until results day :s-smilie:
I applied last week, as I already have my results. I went straight into clearing, and got an unconditional three days later.

So yes, as long as there is space on the course, you can get a place now. Some courses/unis will require you to wait to see if there is any spaces after results day, though.
Reply 7
I've already been accepted with an unconditional and I don't even know my results myself. Guessing i done well..
Reply 8
Original post by WordsAndPictures
I applied last week, as I already have my results. I went straight into clearing, and got an unconditional three days later.

So yes, as long as there is space on the course, you can get a place now. Some courses/unis will require you to wait to see if there is any spaces after results day, though.

hey how do you check the available courses?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending