The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Should he be getting some help to treat his personality disorder?
I've long been a supporter of the death penalty but recently I'm beginning to think that is too lenient.

People like this should be locked up in a dark 4x6 cell all day with nothing but bread and water given to them. They should have no contact with the outside world or other people in the prison. They should not be let out that cell.

Alternatively we could give them the same living conditions but take them out the cell for 12 hours a day for hard labour to earn their upkeep. Prison costs a fortune so it's only fair that they foot the bill.

Life also needs to mean life.
Reply 82
Original post by cl_steele
I never said I agr with them getting those sentances? I personally quite like what us and the French used to do by dumping them on far flung spits of rock and leaving them, pitcairn seems a good idea.. No cost to the tax payer and we never have to see them again.

I really don't see how Sharia law can be applied in any way here though as its a religious set of laws and no one concerned is a muslim? Why not just propose the death penalty outright rather than this obscure and highly questionable 'legal' route?

sharia law includes non muslims - and this kieran stapleton deserves lashes which in sharia law is perfect for this disgusting human being

i dont like the current british law - the prisions are too nice - the govt needs to cut funding there - prisioners dont deserve a tv etc

but alot of brits are stupid today - thinking sharia law is bad - its not and we need it for criminals
Reply 83
Original post by wwelol
sharia law includes non muslims - and this kieran stapleton deserves lashes which in sharia law is perfect for this disgusting human being

i dont like the current british law - the prisions are too nice - the govt needs to cut funding there - prisioners dont deserve a tv etc

but alot of brits are stupid today - thinking sharia law is bad - its not and we need it for criminals

No it doesnt its a religious law of Islam thus has absolutley no jurisdiction over non muslims.
So are you advocating capital or corporal punishment then?
Yes a lot of Brits are stupid... however baring in mind the comments youre making I'd keep quiet on that point if i were you.
Original post by Tommyjw
Go get yourself clued up before speaking next time, death penalty costs more.

The bastard has been found guilty. He is guilty. He should be shot with no hope of appeal ever. There you are, £100s of millions saved already.
Reply 85
Original post by simonbellringer
The bastard has been found guilty. He is guilty. He should be shot with no hope of appeal ever. There you are, £100s of millions saved already.

Okay, whatever you say. :smile:
Reply 86
I always see threads like this, how can you call 30 years minimum "too lenient", 30 years is like the majority of the man's life, he will be an old man by the time he gets out if he ever does

the reason we don't still hang all our criminals like we used to do, the reason why prison was introduced, is because it's meant to "reform" the prisoners >_>

I have no problem with death penalty, I just find it silly when people call things like 30+ years in prison "lenient" lol, I would prefer death penalty if I was him
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87

Loads of people have been released on appeal for murder. They were all found guilty but were inocent in the end.
Original post by james22
Loads of people have been released on appeal for murder. They were all found guilty but were inocent in the end.

So you're saying this turd "will be found innocent in the end?!"

If there was any doubt then I agree the death penalty would be a bad idea.

But I think you'll find in this case that the guy is guilty. And proud of it too. He should never ever have the oppurtunity to appeal. Ever.
Reply 89

But I think you'll find in this case that the guy is guilty. And proud of it too. He should never ever have the oppurtunity to appeal. Ever.

Simply couldn't agree more. Scum like him needs drowning in a bucket for rat piss.
Reply 90

Those people were found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, you don't lock someone up for life with any doubt. Doesn't make you right.
Original post by james22
Those people were found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, you don't lock someone up for life with any doubt. Doesn't make you right.

He admitted he did it, though.
Reply 92
Original post by Harry Callahan
He admitted he did it, though.

1. If there was the death penelty people would be much less likely to admit it, unless they wanted to die in which case you are just giving them what they want.

2. People have confessed then been proven innocent. Innocent people confess for many reasons-covering up for someone, pressurised by police, told by lawyer they have no hope of being found not guilty so they should just confess, some people are just mad and confess just for the hell of it.
Original post by james22
1. If there was the death penelty people would be much less likely to admit it, unless they wanted to die in which case you are just giving them what they want.

2. People have confessed then been proven innocent. Innocent people confess for many reasons-covering up for someone, pressurised by police, told by lawyer they have no hope of being found not guilty so they should just confess, some people are just mad and confess just for the hell of it.

He did it.

Stop being so ****ing left-wing, no wonder this country's going down the ****ter, too many people with liberal views thinking criminals should be 'rehabilitated' and all that *******s.

He's scum, end of.
He did it.

Stop being so ****ing left-wing, no wonder this country's going down the ****ter, too many people with liberal views thinking criminals should be 'rehabilitated' and all that *******s.

He's scum, end of.

Couldnt agree more. And the worst thing is us the taxpayer are going to have to pay this scum because of this ****ing left wing country that is going down the ****ter!!
Original post by james22

With Point 2 you have spectacularly contradicted my whole point!! He has admitted it and he is proud of it. I think he does want the death penalty you know. So give it to him and all are happy - he dies, and us the taxpayer dont have to waste £millions a year on protecting him from other prisoners and society from hin!!
Reply 96
With Point 2 you have spectacularly contradicted my whole point!! He has admitted it and he is proud of it. I think he does want the death penalty you know. So give it to him and all are happy - he dies, and us the taxpayer dont have to waste £millions a year on protecting him from other prisoners and society from hin!!

I do agree that people serving over a certain time (say 20 years) should be given the option of dying, but it should in no way be a punishment. If he wants to die then go ahead, but don't sentence him to death.
Reply 97
He did it.

He's scum, end of.

Doesn't he have a diagnosis of anti-social personality disorder?
Original post by Kibalchich
Doesn't he have a diagnosis of anti-social personality disorder?

Don't give me that *******s. He's a ****, end of.
Reply 99
Don't give me that *******s. He's a ****, end of.

Don't give you what? I'm sure I read it on a news report, yes here we go, from the link in the OP

He noted his medical condition of an anti-social personality disorder but said in his view that did not in any way lower the culpability for what he said was "a truly wicked act".

Now whether being diagnosed with anti-social pd means he had culpability or not is a debateable point. Coming from a mental health perspective, I'd argue that maybe a forensic psychiatric hospital may be a better environment for him.

Latest