The Student Room Group

Clearing help please!

Scroll to see replies

^^^ will do thanks! :biggrin: x
Reply 21
Original post by Samus2

You don't 'accept' the informal offer... when you add it on track that's you accepting it. But, you're allowed to phone as many uni's as you want, you're just only allowed to add one choice. I read out my results to them and they didn't ask for my GCSE results...
some unis found out my results via my clearing number but remember that computer systems will always fail ha

Cheeers! :wink: Haha, yeah stupid computers >_<
Hello

I'm posting here because, I would like to have some advice, I applied online for a place through clearing at Goldsmith College, a couple of weeks ago. A few days after, I received a mail from them, telling me that I should send an application through ucas and today I received another mail from them a personal statement and the grade I've gotten from the Baccalaureat. My question is, should I send the personal statement and my grade or through ucas? By the way, I haven't sent any application to university.

Thanks for your help
Original post by sarouchka94
Hello

I'm posting here because, I would like to have some advice, I applied online for a place through clearing at Goldsmith College, a couple of weeks ago. A few days after, I received a mail from them, telling me that I should send an application through ucas and today I received another mail from them a personal statement and the grade I've gotten from the Baccalaureat. My question is, should I send the personal statement and my grade or through ucas? By the way, I haven't sent any application to university.

Thanks for your help

I'd suggest doing both - send it direct to Goldsmiths so they've got it ASAP but try adding it through UCAS too so that it's on the system electronically (and not just in someone's email account)
Reply 24
What is a clearing number?
And how do I get one??
Original post by bethkj
What is a clearing number?
And how do I get one??

If you apply through UCAS then once you are entered into Clearing your clearing number will show on UCAS Track.
Ok Thank you, both for your advice
Hello,

I just wanted to give you some update, I send my personal statement and grades this morning and Goldsmith answered me, they told me everything would be forwarded to the admissions officer for consideration. So I guess it's fine.
But now, I have another question, I would like to apply through ucas, I filled everything but there isn't a section concerning reference and I don't know why. Did something similar happen to someone? Also, I would like to know if it's possible to send an application without reference? And I have one last question, in the choice section, it is said that I can't add a choice since clearing has begun, so what happen, then? I call the university, I give them my clearing number and that's it?
By the way, the reason why I wasn't too keen on sending my personal statement through ucas for goldsmiths is because I'm applying for a degree in media and modern literature while for other universities I'm applying for a degree in journalism. So the personal statement I made for goldsmiths is a bit different from the one I made for the other.
Original post by TenOfThem
16th

results

no offer

in clearing

call university hotlines and/or departments

tell them grades

they can see your UCAS

they may ask additional questions

they may ask for an additional simple PS

if they refuse then repeat with another university

one accepts