The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Account & Finance or Economics for IBD + Chance Me!

Title says it all, which degree (Accounting & Finance or Economics) places better into Investment Banking at Warwick, specifically?

-----

Have any Canadians applied in the past?

How good is the Warwick hockey team?

Warwick - Accounting & Finance
"Typically we require at least 85% in High School Diploma, with 5 M or U courses with grades of 85%. IB also accepted."

Grades:

Calculus (U) - 96%
Advanced Functions (U) - 96%
Data Management (U) - 100%
English (U) - 93%
Economics (U) - 100%
Resource Management (M) - 99%

From what I gather, you don't list your extracurricular activities in the United Kingdom. Rather, you write what's called a personal statement.

I've interned at a marketing research firm as well as a venture capital firm. I'm hoping to land a job in private wealth management.

I'm working on my Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®) Designation. I should have my Investment Management Techniques (IMT®) by the time I apply.

Thanks!
They are both good degrees. A&F is arguably easier but has very similar prospects.

As for the hockey team (and I assume you mean field hockey)it is is good and they have 4 teams in different national leagues. My housemate is the president of the club if you want me to put you in contact with him.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
You can check the graduation statistics on their website and for A+F most become accountants (not sure if this is due to choice). For IBD I would say do Economics, its extremely competitive and I would personally find it more fascinating. However, A+F is easier to get first if you put the work in. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by FatboyGinger
They are both good degrees. A&F is arguably easier but has very similar prospects.

As for the hockey team (and I assume you mean field hockey)it is is good and they have 4 teams in different national leagues. My housemate is the president of the club if you want me to put you in contact with him.

Haha, I mean ice hockey. Not many guys from Canada play field hockey, it's a girl's sport here.

Thanks for the offer and insight! I truly appreciate it!

How often do you see people from A&F go into investment banking? The graduate report says the majority of them go into accounting, is that because they want to or have to?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest