The Student Room Group

Klc vs warwick vs ucl human resources management

Hey Guys,
I am a new user, I would like to have some opinions about the right thing to do.
Here is the problem, I got an offer from KLC for the course MSC Human Resources and Organisational Analysis, I am awaiting for the Warwick's response for MSC Employment Relations managing HR and finally I am awaiting also from UCL for MSC Risk Management.
If I get accepted in UCL I would go right away with no hesitations;
According on what I have found in Internet KLC has a globally great reputation and is one of the 25 best universities in the world. Honestly I haven t heard so much about the Management and Business Department. It seems to be small and not well recognised, but on the opposite KLC has the name and the location is an advantage as well.
Warwick has a graet Business School, globally recognised and well ranked both in the UK and globally.The position is in Coventry, not far from London ,just 1 hour.
Lets tak about the costs: KLC about 10000/11000 £; Warwick over 20000£;I am not taking any scholarship.
I want to develop my future career in UK, I think in London would be easier in view of the fact the city has on of the most important financial center in the world and a lot of professional opportunities are concentrate there.
What do you think would be the better choice to take?
Which University is more respected by employers ?
Any suggestions is apprecciated.
Thanks in advance:smile::smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
KCL's tuition fees may be cheaper than Warwick's, but do bear in mind that living in London is gonna be way more expensive than living in Coventry.
Also, you yourself said that Warwick's Business school is recognised worldwide.
Reply 2
Do you mean King College London (KCL) or KLC (School of Design) ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I mean King 's College London.
Yeah I know London is more expensive than Coventry.
As for the University, they are both great and have international reputation.At this stage I am not capable to choose rationally cause I don t have enough informations and being outside Uk doesn t really help.
I ve been thinking King s College being located in London and being part of the London University maybe is better linked with employers and the chance to get a job after finishing the Master would be higher ?
Any suggestion is apprecciated

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!
Reply 4
KCL's called Strand Poly for a reason. Lol
Go to Warwick and you won't regret it!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy Nexus
Reply 5
Any other comment??????
Reply 6
I would choose Warwick over KCL without hesitation. Warwick business school establishes itself as one of the best business schools in the UK. So a degree from Warwick will stand you in good stead.
Reply 7
Thanks for the opinion. The point is, the Master at KLC costs around 10500£ while at Warwick 20000£. Since I am not taking any scholarship and it is a big sacrifice to sustain all the expenses related, I was wondering if KLC is really that bad for Human Resources or everything related with Management/Business???
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
Reply 8
Accommodation can also play a huge role: how much will you pay for it at each university?
Also is your KCL accommodation actually anywhere near KCL? 'Cause the Tube will cost you a fortune if KCL accommodation is too far away from the university.

Reply 9
Actually I have not found any accomodation yet.I will rent a room by myself not too far from the university.London is more expensive than Warwick, but I don t think the excess will cover the difference in the master's prices. Do you think I am gonna waste money going to KLC?
It is not well respected by employers?
Reply 10
Original post by mupicon
Actually I have not found any accomodation yet.I will rent a room by myself not too far from the university.London is more expensive than Warwick, but I don t think the excess will cover the difference in the master's prices. Do you think I am gonna waste money going to KLC?
It is not well respected by employers?

The university's got a great reputation both national and international. The thing I said in another post about it being a strand poly was just a joke.
It's a great uni, honestly.
I was almost faced with the same dilemma in spring when I had to choose which uni to go to for my MSc. Fortunately for me, the uni that offered the course I was most interested in also happened to be the cheapest :biggrin:
But I get your point, honestly I do.
10k is a lot, so do go ahead and choose KCL!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending