The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pepeeglesfield
woooooo there knew I was missing something out....whats a project log and sources log? I can guess what the sources log is but where do you write it down etc?

A project log or diary is a log where you keep track of your progress during the project. Here's a template that I was told to use:Project log template.docx. The sources log is log where you review your sources, it's not the same as a bibliography because you actually have to write a review about the usefullness/reliablity of the sources. Here's a template: Sources log.docx.

Maybe you don't have to do one if you weren't told about it. It was always a mandatory requirement at my college but perhaps it's different at yours? :dontknow:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Pensivedore
A project log or diary is a log where you keep track of your progress during the project. Here's a template that I was told to use:Project log template.docx. The sources log is log where you review your sources, it's not the same as a bibliography because you actually have to write a review about the usefullness/reliablity of the sources. Here's a template: Sources log.docx.

Maybe you don't have to do one if you weren't told about it. It was always a mandatory requirement at my college but perhaps it's different at yours? :dontknow:.

wouldnt have a clue :L but thankyou anyway, much appreciated
Reply 3042
My title is:

'How have British Newspapers influenced British Elections in the last 30 years?'

Any ideas on any good books to read? :tongue:
Reply 3043
My title is 'To what extent was the Third Crusade successful?'.

I'm really having trouble starting my report, and need some advice on how to dive into it and create my first draft before school starts again in Sept.

I've ordered a few books and got a few documentaries and webpages, so I'm ok in the research front. I'm planning to do a report by itself.

Honestly, I've done nothing so far this holiday, had so much stuff going on, but now I've got my time management sorted, I really to start now since I told my head of sixth im going for the November entry.

Any advice for starting my report, and is it still possible to get the draft done at at least B grade level. Thanks :smile: (First post so be nice)
I'm wondering how other people are actually recording the research for their projects. As you find the information are you copy and pasting it into a document, are you writing out the research onto paper, or are you doing something else?

I want to see if I can find a better method to the one that I'm using at the moment to research for the EPQ.
I want to study law and my question is along the lines of

'To what extend do married Muslim woman have equal rights to their husband?'

Is this okay and should i phrase it differently? I plan to do it on the AQA exam board btw
Original post by LarsaSolidor
I'm wondering how other people are actually recording the research for their projects. As you find the information are you copy and pasting it into a document, are you writing out the research onto paper, or are you doing something else?

I want to see if I can find a better method to the one that I'm using at the moment to research for the EPQ.

I copy and paste, I usually have two word documents open, one for the actual research in a numerical list and another for the source also in a numerical list.
Original post by MangoLuve
I want to study law and my question is along the lines of

'To what extend do married Muslim woman have equal rights to their husband?'

Is this okay and should i phrase it differently? I plan to do it on the AQA exam board btw

Well it's obvious from the outset that Islamic laws which outline rights and responsibilities, differ between the two genders. And "equal" usually means the same on both sides.

So I would rephrase it to something more relevant "To what extent does the married Muslim woman have fair rights compared to her husband?
I'm about 1000 words into my extended project and I repeatedly use the phrase 'This is useful because' or 'This is helpful as'.

To me that seems like a very clumsy phrase and I was wanting to know weather anyone could come up with a better one.
Does anyone actually know what materials are used for marking for the AQA EPQ?

I have my essay, my bibliography and my production log obviously, but I also have a workbook where I noted everything I did, my notes, a resource table, a project timeline, a personal annotated bibliography and a number of other documents that I created during the process of my project.

Which materials should I prepare for my examiner to mark?
Does anyone know if I could include visits to art galleries and museums in the "Personal" section? If not, could it be put into the "Work" section? :smile:
Bacc Diary help needed! Could I include visits to art galleries in my bacc diary? If so, which section? Thank you :smile:
Reply 3053
hey guys please please answer my poll for my epq! won't take twooooooooo seconds

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G563QVT

you'd be doing me a huge favour
thank you :biggrin:
Original post by woohooo
hey guys please please answer my poll for my epq! won't take twooooooooo seconds

Answered!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3055
Original post by Jack22031994
Answered!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

thanks mate! :hoppy:
Original post by woohooo

Sorted, good luck.
I am doing a presentation to would-be sixth formers at my school (:cool: ) and want some idea of the sheer variety of EPQ titles and themes - So just leave me the title of your EPQ here! TY

Level 3 OCR are most hopeful, so I would be grateful if you could tell me your board and level :biggrin:
All you have to do is write your title....
They're all going to be quite specific and probably a bit random if you list titles, but mine is "To what extent is Nuclear Power the optimal long-term solution to the modern Energy Crisis?”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending