The Student Room Group

What would happen if the Queen committed murder?

Hypothetically speaking say the Queen (Elizabeth the 2nd) were to murder someone would she then go to jail or be let off since she's the head of state? Just curious :curious:
Reply 1
Princess Diana.

Nuff said?
Reply 2
She would be thrown into the fiery pit of doom, 300 style
She can barely stay awake during an Olympic Opening ceremony! Doubt she'd be capable of murder
Reply 4
She owns all the prisons, she could probs just get some keys cut

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by Multitalented me
Hypothetically speaking say the Queen (Elizabeth the 2nd) were to murder someone would she then go to jail or be let off since she's the head of state? Just curious :curious:

Lol, this is an interesting question. But I think if she killed someone for example a maid, and it happened in her home. Then it probably wouldn't get out to the public that she killed her. By that I mean it would just be kept private, a secret within the Royal Family or something. Hopefully that makes sense?
She would be let off :yep:
I once was curious about this and asked a policeman (it's ok, he wasn't a randomer, I knew him). And his answer was that she would be let off. If the queen wanted to go around murdering people, then she could.
It would be an interesting court case to say the least.
Original post by StartSomething
She would be let off :yep:
I once was curious about this and asked a policeman (it's ok, he wasn't a randomer, I knew him). And his answer was that she would be let off. If the queen wanted to go around murdering people, then she could.

That's pretty disgraceful really. Say a reigning monarch were to kill my parents I'd at least want them to be brought to justice or otherwise I'd have to hunt them down myself.
Reply 9
I'm sure if that happened it would be covered up. But if it wasn't covered up and it became public knowledge the Queen murdered someone, there's no way she'd get away with it. She probably wouldn't be arrested and put on trial like any normal criminal would be, but it would cause a constitutional crisis. How could a modern democratic state have a head of state who openly murdered someone? There's no way it would stand in the international community.
Original post by Multitalented me
That's pretty disgraceful really. Say a reigning monarch were to kill my parents I'd at least want them to be brought to justice or otherwise I'd have to hunt them down myself.

I know. Although it's highly unlikely the queen would do such a thing!! But that's how it is.
Say it did actually happen though, and people found out. There would be a massive uproar!

Quick Reply

Latest