The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

biological sciences 2012

who is studying biological sciences in 2012, and what college/accomodation are you going for ? :biggrin:
Reply 1
I've just finished first year, fantastic course !
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Me hopefully!

I put Grizedale Superior Ensuite first choice, and Furness Superior Ensuite second. How about you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Oh cool... hi :biggrin: ermm definately putting furness upgraded standard as one but I have no idea what my second choice is going to be :s
Original post by hannab
Oh cool... hi :biggrin: ermm definately putting furness upgraded standard as one but I have no idea what my second choice is going to be :s

Hey :biggrin: I know how you feel it was such a tough choice! 'Superior Ensuite' sounds so posh but they looked really nice on the open day and I kinda want my own toilet haha. I guess it doesn't matter too much which college you go for, all of them are probably great :cool: Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
I'm a natural sciences student from grizedale, just finished first year.

Did 10 modules of biology/chemistry this year, so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 6
I am :biggrin:

Completed a BTEC so have just had my offer changed to unconditional...

Havn't decided on a college yet, but I am living at home and commuting so won't be living there!
:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 7
Shameless plug for County! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by hazzypants
I'm a natural sciences student from grizedale, just finished first year.

Did 10 modules of biology/chemistry this year, so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hi Hazzypants,

If you dont mind me asking, how did you find the Biology modules difficulty wise? And was there much crossover with chemistry into biology modules? (The reason why I ask this is because I did a BTEC, not straight Biology/Chemistry A-levels!)
Many Thanks:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 9
The first year modules are pretty easy, the cross over between chemistry isnt much unless your doing biochemistry like me, at which point you had some chemistry modules. With a BTEC you'd be fine. :smile:

ps. Apologies im not Hazzypants ha
just offered a place on biological sciences with biomedicine through clearing, just waiting on confirmation :smile:
Reply 11
Hi I will be studying biomedical science and have applied for Furness college :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by nic_01
Hi I will be studying biomedical science and have applied for Furness college :smile:

Exactly the same as me, on both counts.
Reply 13
Im dong biomedical sciences at plymouth

Radnor halls

http://www.facebook.com/jasi.ropra
Biochemistry, I can't even remember what colleges I applied to.
Original post by jennyfb
Hi Hazzypants,

If you dont mind me asking, how did you find the Biology modules difficulty wise? And was there much crossover with chemistry into biology modules? (The reason why I ask this is because I did a BTEC, not straight Biology/Chemistry A-levels!)
Many Thanks:smile::smile::smile:

Hi
Well I didn't do biology a level either!and I got a 2.1 for first year. I did have chemistry a level which helped a lot but wasn't necessary. You'll maybe have to study a bit more than most other people but the chemistry especially is a lot of repeat of a level like protein structure and ionic bonding etc...

Quick Reply

Latest