The Student Room Group

Blond men - give me your thoughts ladies.

Admittedly, this is a topic of a certain greyzone.

Nonetheless, unless the mods move it it, it'll be here for a while.

Now to my topic: Blond men. Disclosure: I am blond myself.
And I've never really struggled with girls, including black girls, latin girls, Asian girls(both South and East) nor Middle Eastern girls.
Nor, of course, white girls.

Still, the basic formula you read over and over again is 'tall, dark and handsome'.
When girls talk about their physical preferences, hair color is not usually high on the list but it is nonetheless mentioned from time to time.

And whenever it is, I do notice that it's almost always a wish for darkhaired men(and oftentimes the girl will also state that they prefers brown/dark eyes, although less often. I've also noticed quite a few girls that want darkhaired men with, say, green eyes. But that's another story).

My general question is: is this true for you or if you haven't thought about it personally, what about your circle of friends?
Is it a big deal or a minor thing?
Now I am both tall, handsome and with dark blue eyes and wavy, golden blond hair. And as I said I haven't noticed anything from girl's general behaviour to warrant suspicion that my haircolor would work against me, but you never know!

So, girls, enlighten me. Is this the case, as it seems, and is it a big deal?

Still, I'd imagine in the larger scheme of things someone's hair color isn't exactly a dealbreaker, but it'd be interesting to find someone for who it is! (if they exist).

Scroll to see replies

If you've never had trouble with girls before, then what's the problem? Clearly you have your answer. :pierre:
Reply 2
firstly, why would you base whether you want to be with someone on their looks alone?

anyway, just because you have a 'type' doesn't mean that you always go for that look; for example, i do prefer blonde guys myself but that doesn't mean that i find every dark haired person unattractive.

I would like to think that most people consider more than what hair colour a guy has to determine whether to go out with them
only as true as the saying 'gentlemen prefer blondes'. haircolour is so minor and a trivial thing to base your ideal partner on...

surely everyone could get hung up on not looking like society's stereotypical lothario... I'm not blonde or tall or tanned; I don't have big breasts or long legs. It doesn't really bother me that I'm a ghostly-pale brunette with frizzy hair, legs about gnome height and boobs like two fried eggs - i'd rather someone loved my quirks (or at least found them endearing) than me try to emulate what everyone finds attractive... there are just some people I don't really want to attract. haha!
Reply 4
I'm not a lady but I think you're a bit of a douche
Reply 5
Someone's into himself :rolleyes:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
Girls often dream of their perfect 'prince' but this is just an ideal guy if they had absolute say in it, like designer baby kind of thing.

However in a real world we don't actually care about our ideal man, not in terms of looks- well not to such a tiny detail as hair colour (which bare in mind can be easily changed unlike facial features!)
Blonde or Black is just a preference, but things change when you meet someone and they take your breath away. I don't think girls specifically go out and look just for blonde guys or just for black haired guys..that would be a bit strange..In my experience girls don't do that, they just take every guy as they come, as one image of attractiveness :smile:

I know a few absolutely gorgeous blonde guys just like I know dark haired men... It really doesn't matter as long as they are nice people inside.
Reply 7
I know a few absolutely gorgeous blonde guys just like I know dark haired men... It really doesn't matter as long as they are nice people inside.

Well, yes, of course! I don't dispute that.

And I don't think anyone has strict hair color criteria which are ironclad. (Hence why I mentioned that I didn't have problems with girls, it's contextual to the topic re: my blond hair, nothing to do with bragging or anything else).

Yet I still wonder why it's the case why dark hair is so universially mentioned when a favourite hair color is mentioned.

When it comes to men, I've seen guys all over the place. Sure, blonde women are liked by many but I've also seen a lot of guys talk about redheads, brunettes etc. It seems to me that among men there is a greater plurality of preferences when possible favorite haircolors are being mentioned at all.

I also think that men do tend to mention favorite haircolor in lesser amounts overall. You don't typically hear guys talk about haircolor that much in my opinion or even shades of their skin as opposed to (tall, dark and handsome) as opposed to girls.

More often, guys will talk more in general terms "fit, funny, upbeat, sweet, cute" and so on. If we will get specific we might talk about body shape, or perhaps the size/shape of her breats/ass in an 'ideal' way. (Sure, girls talk about these general terms as well(but on guys) but you get my point)

But even despite all these caveats, I still maintain that guys are less strict/specific about haircolors or shade of the girl, while girls tend to be much more specific about those things.
And it seems to me that to overwhelmingly one kind of haircolor, whereas guys talk about haircolors/shades of skincolor less overall and when we do, we're more pluralistic on possible favorite haircolors. And I wonder why.
Or am I wrong?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Don't fix what ain't broken bro. I have a thing for blondes :colone:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
I like blonde hair.

It really doesn't matter, if I find someone attractive hair colour usually has nothing to do with it.
I don't generally like blonde guys, though a couple have snuck under the radar in the past. Haven't been converted to preferring it, though. Dark curls ftw!
I don't have a preference - I think blonde hair and blue eyes look gorgeous.

Saying that, I don't think I've ever dated someone with blonde hair and blue eyes - but that's never been a conscious decision, just something that has happened. I wouldn't say no if they were the right person though.
Reply 12
Hmm, it seems to me that a lot of what I'm saying is blowing past people.

Maybe I'm not being very clear here so I'll try to be more specific.

Sure, the vast, vast majority of girls won't discriminate on basis of haircolor (regardless if she has a favourite one or not). I don't dispute that at all. The same goes for guys.

But, I have noticed(and correct me if you think I'm wrong here) that guys tend to mention hair color less than girls, and when we do mention one, I've seen a much greater plurality of haircolors(Blonde, redheads, brunettes or black hair etc). Whereas for girls whenever a haircolor is mentioned it's almost always 'dark hair'.

And my question out there is: is this also your experience and if it is, why do you think this is?
And how widespread is it(if you agree). But of course, if you disagree then say so too! I'm not looking for only one response, all responses are welcome.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rastafari
Hmm, it seems to me that a lot of what I'm saying is blowing past people.

Maybe I'm not being very clear here so I'll try to be more specific.

Sure, the vast, vast majority of girls won't discriminate on basis of haircolor (regardless if she has a favourite one or not). I don't dispute that at all. The same goes for guys.

But, I have noticed(and correct me if you think I'm wrong here) that guys tend to mention hair color less than girls, and when we do mention one, I've seen a much greater plurality of haircolors(Blonde, redheads, brunettes or black hair etc). Whereas for girls whenever a haircolor is mentioned it's almost always 'dark hair'.

And my question out there is: is this also your experience and if it is, why do you think this is?
And how widespread is it(if you agree). But of course, if you disagree then say so too! I'm not looking for only one response, all responses are welcome.

Maybe you can blame Disney. Weren't most of the Prince's tall dark and handsome? Would explain why it sticks with so many women.
Do not want.
Personally, blond men aren't what I find myself attracted too, but lots of girls are! Personally, I tend to date Asian or Arab guys (I'm white). Its not that I go out and think 'I'm only going to give my number to Asian or Arab guys', its just that I always seem to recieve more attention from them and I like the dark eyes, tanned skin and dark hair. Comparively, my best friend is OBSESSED with blond haired and blue eyed guys.

Its all personal preference :smile:
Original post by Odiem23
I'm indifferent - as long as they're not black/mixed race with blond hair...lol

It works on Niki Minaj and Beyonce but can't imagine it on a guy lol...
oh, maybe the guy in Rihannas we found love video....

And OP i prefer dark men to be honest, but Ive still been with blonds before :smile:
Reply 17
Blonde guys tend to be very attractive in my opinion but then again beauty is subjective! A picture might have help on this thread :colone:
Reply 18
I normally prefer dark hair but I wouldn't be put off by hair colour. Blonde Fernando Torres nom :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Nexus 7
Reply 19
Duff McKagan. Jus' sayin'.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending