The Student Room Group

I used to watch that!

Hey guys, I used to watch loads of TV when I was a kid and whilst wondering YouTube I found the intro's to loads of old 90's/early 00's shows I used to watch as a kid. So I was wondering, what shows did you used to watch? Which shows did you used to hate (if any)? It doesn't have to be shows from childhood, it can be anything which has since been cancelled or is simply not something you watch anymore.

You can post a video of the intro if you like.

I'll start with a relatively unknown show that I used to love called Animorphs, it was basically about a group of people who gain the ability to morph into animals and learn about Alien's plans to control humans. When speaking to my friends , few remember this show, but I thought it was great. :smile:

Animorphs Intro:

[video="youtube;0IfboJUVBI8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfboJUVBI8[/video]

And for the record, as a kid I hated Round The Twist. It was on every morning and it was one of the only things to watch before school.

Thanks to callum9999, for helping me to remember a show called Ocean Odyssey.

I'll post more in separate posts as thread progresses.

Have fun. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Was awesome.
Street sharks
Mummies Alive
Bikers mice from Mars
Gargoyles

All awesome
My parents are aliens :ahee:
Reply 4
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.

Ah I still watch that :biggrin:

And even Stevens too :smile:
Original post by retrogamer104

Also, I've been unsuccessfully trying to find anything about an old show I barely remember from the 90's. It was live action, set on a submarine and I think it was called Ocean Odyssey, but that's all I remember.

Australian with some sort of wild girl and a whale on CBBC? That wasn't on a submarine, it was on an underwater base, so I'm not sure if it's what you meant. But if it is, it was called Ocean Odyssey - and you can watch them by typing "watch series ocean girl" into google (no idea if you're allowed to post links here - it isn't strictly legal I guess, but then there is no other way to watch it legally so I think it's ok!). It was called Ocean Girl in Australia.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.

Oh yess! What a show! It was a nice surprise when Brian turned up as Professor Shales on 'Fresh Meat' wasn't it. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by callum9999
Australian with some sort of wild girl and a whale on CBBC? That wasn't on a submarine, it was on an underwater base, so I'm not sure if it's what you meant. But if it is, it was called Ocean Odyssey - and you can watch them by typing "watch series ocean girl" into google (no idea if you're allowed to post links here - it isn't strictly legal I guess, but then there is no other way to watch it legally so I think it's ok!). It was called Ocean Girl in Australia.

Thank you! You've filled a gap in my memory. I don't think I'll watch it, but I was just trying to remember what it was. I used to watch it as a kid, but I couldn't remember much about it.
Reply 8
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Oh yess! What a show! It was a nice surprise when Brian turned up as Professor Shales on 'Fresh Meat' wasn't it. :biggrin:

I know! I was never much of a fan of My Parents are Aliens, but when I saw that actor on Fresh Meat I thought hmmm, where do I know that guy from? I thought it was someone from MPAA but I also thought it couldn't, I don't know why I just thought it would be unlikely for him to so a show like Fresh Meat, some short Wikipedia searches later confirmed it was him, I was surprised indeed. :smile:
Original post by retrogamer104
Thank you! You've filled a gap in my memory. I don't think I'll watch it, but I was just trying to remember what it was. I used to watch it as a kid, but I couldn't remember much about it.

It used to be one of my favourite shows as a kid, then I randomly stumbled upon it a few months ago and watched an episode. I was definitely remembering it through rose-tinted glasses (like most shows from back then)!
Original post by SpiggyTopes

It was! I could never get the image of Brian out of my head though :colondollar:
I was overly obsessed with the flintstones and Scooby Doo, if you could have somehow merged the two... :drool::beard:
I told my mum when I turn 18 I'm changing my name to Daphne coz she wouldn't do it for me lol
Best ever kids show: Jeopardy. It was way ahead of it's time.

For those who don't know of it, it was a CBBC show about a group of scottish school kids and their teacher who go on a trip to Australia on the hunt for UFO's.

It was awesome!
Ed Edd 'n' Eddy.

:smile:
Reply 14
Fort Boyard, get your own back, Fun House = was my life back when i was young

I miss them..

I hope someone remembers this:

Kenan & Kel + Recess

[video="google;-4229591212992553506"]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4229591212992553506[/video]

[video="youtube;89kdKlaHYZs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89kdKlaHYZs[/video]

I was really young at the "time" of these shows so what I remember is mainly from the repeats that were shown in the early 2000s.

I guess as another 90s show, there is the classic 'Friends'.
Reply 17
Original post by Jammie_x
Fort Boyard, get your own back, Fun House = was my life back when i was young

I miss them..

I used to really love Fort Boyard! I loved Johhny Bravo when I was a child :cool:
The list is getting a bit long...

Spoiler

Amongst many others that I can't currently recall.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by + polarity -
:eek: I remember this. :biggrin: It's amazing how the theme tunes to things watched so many years ago are still retained in memory.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest