The Student Room Group

Your "Oh ****!" stories/moment at University

Scroll to see replies

Night of Graduation, Friday 13th July, night out with loads of people from the course and the lecturers.

Wake up the next morning remember nothing, but in my bed, phone and wallet still there, all good I think, go to put my glasses on... they're not there, this is bad, try look around can't find them (can't really see that well), after a few hours of going through all my room I find an old pair so can more or less see. Still not found them to this day, vague memories of trying to get into the wrong house and someone shouting "you don't even live here", presumably because I lost my glasses so couldn't see the house numbers. Anyway, turns out that the head of my course who was out with us had found me wondering around town looking for people at like 2:30 am and taken me home haha, luckily it was after I'd finished uni, if it had happened in first year I think you'd be traumatised. Anyway he thinks I had my glasses on when I was dropped off in the taxi by my house so god knows what happened to them.
Subbed.
Reply 242
It was a fancy dress themed night.. I went as a cat. Had my whiskers drawn on with permanent marker. (I was too drunk to really care.)
Being too drunk to embrace the 20minute walk home at the end of the night I stayed at my friends. I had to walk home the next morning in my going out clothes looking like crap with a horrendous hangover, cat whiskers on my face, huge heels, right through Campus. New students were being taken on campus tours and to make it worse I walk into my block and in the entrance hall/reception they were showing around a good 30+ parents and potential students. I looked like such a good representation of student life, all for an innocent nights sleep at a friends. I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed in my life and it took me ages to get the whiskers off my face. :colondollar:

Another was being so drunk I thought it'd be excellent to jump into the canal/river after a swan. Then realising that the banks were so muddy and slippery I couldn't get back up.

Oh and setting the fire alarm off in the first few days was also fun. I was only cooking a stir fry and all hell broke loose. The fire alarms went crazy. At least everyone knew our flat from then on. :biggrin:
Reply 243
Halloween party, was a zombie and smeared fake blood everywhere - face, arms, legs etc. Had a 9.15 lecture the next morning, didn't have time to shower before I went in, my lecturer asked me if I'd been attacked...

My friends and I watched the film the number 23 one night, I had a doctors appt the next day. We got a little high and I fell asleep first. They drew the number 23 all over me including my face. I ended up not realising and going to the Doctors with the number 23 all over me...
Subbed
Reply 245
I went to have a shower and maintenance staff came into our flat and for a routine check of the heating and locked my room once they left so when I came out of the shower I was locked out of room with an upcoming lecture, keys in the room, phone in the room and more importantly clothes in the room so I couldn't ring accommodation services. I had to wake up my flatmate who had been on a night out to let me ring accommodation, they took fifteen minutes to get to our flat and open my room. I loosened my towel to quickly get dressed to make the lecture when I realised I left the curtains open (my flat overlooks maybe one of the busiest areas of the campus) had to immediately duck down and get dressed lying down.
I didn't have any funny "OH ****!" moments or anything. Once the exam period arrived though at the end of semester two my sleeping pattern was pretty screwed up. I didn't even go clubbing very often at all, it just so happened that I had a tendency to take a nap during the day when I had finished classes then would wake up in the evening and couldn't sleep until the early morning. This was an issue in the exam period because on top of barely revising as I was feeling a bit down my sleeping pattern didn't improve and so all through the exam period I was pulling all nighters and reading a bit of material, going in for the exam, then going for lunch/a drink with coursemates afterwards or heading back to my flat and falling asleep.

So just a word of warning to anyone starting uni in September: Don't let your sleeping pattern go bad, or at least, not during the exam period anyway.
Original post by Sequoia Throne
I didn't have any funny "OH ****!" moments or anything. Once the exam period arrived though at the end of semester two my sleeping pattern was pretty screwed up. I didn't even go clubbing very often at all, it just so happened that I had a tendency to take a nap during the day when I had finished classes then would wake up in the evening and couldn't sleep until the early morning. This was an issue in the exam period because on top of barely revising as I was feeling a bit down my sleeping pattern didn't improve and so all through the exam period I was pulling all nighters and reading a bit of material, going in for the exam, then going for lunch/a drink with coursemates afterwards or heading back to my flat and falling asleep.

So just a word of warning to anyone starting uni in September: Don't let your sleeping pattern go bad, or at least, not during the exam period anyway.

came on this thread for a laugh, then read this :shot:
Original post by thelawstudent
came on this thread for a laugh, then read this :shot:

Read through the other pages, you'll find plenty of stuff to laugh at. There's some funny stuff in this thread. :biggrin:
Mine is pretty tame I was resitting a couple of unitsin my 3rd year before I could go and do the BSC top up and I had about 1 lecture a weekat 9 am however it was when I woke up at 10 relising that we had had a power cut in the night and as a result I had missed my 1 lecture that day.
Original post by Jesseecar123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZOm0dC5Gnk

Fast forward to 7.13 (I beg you, it's not my video). Having 15 drunk freshers stuck in a 8 person capacity lift was pretty scary.

LOL! This has made my day.
Reply 251
Not Uni but my first week at AS college.. 2 years ago...

I arrived late to my psychology class so ran in to which my psychology teacher looked at me furious (I was only 5 minutes late.....) and as I stood there being lectured to in front of the whole class about being late and that me and him were to have a ´serious conversation´after class.... (might add that it was a bit odd as I thought I was supposed to have my other psychology teacher for that class but just assumed he wasn´t in and we were being taught by my other teacher )

Then finally sat down and got out my things and then looked at the clock... **crap I´m not late at all.. infact my class should have only just started.. what!** then just at this same moment I realize I recognize no one and then as realisation hits that In fact my clock on my phone is fast and that infact I´m early my 5 minutes .. I then turn my head to the door in despair I see through the window not only my whole class stood there looking at me like WTF but also my ACTUAL psychology teacher waiting by the door smiling at me knowing exactly what I had done and laughing.

I then had to shame-faced mumble something about being in the wrong class and walk out to the laughter of my class and teacher outside.

FML
Original post by lanaD
Not Uni but my first week at AS college.. 2 years ago...

I arrived late to my psychology class so ran in to which my psychology teacher looked at me furious (I was only 5 minutes late.....) and as I stood there being lectured to in front of the whole class about being late and that me and him were to have a ´serious conversation´after class.... (might add that it was a bit odd as I thought I was supposed to have my other psychology teacher for that class but just assumed he wasn´t in and we were being taught by my other teacher )

Then finally sat down and got out my things and then looked at the clock... **crap I´m not late at all.. infact my class should have only just started.. what!** then just at this same moment I realize I recognize no one and then as realisation hits that In fact my clock on my phone is fast and that infact I´m early my 5 minutes .. I then turn my head to the door in despair I see through the window not only my whole class stood there looking at me like WTF but also my ACTUAL psychology teacher waiting by the door smiling at me knowing exactly what I had done and laughing.

I then had to shame-faced mumble something about being in the wrong class and walk out to the laughter of my class and teacher outside.

FML

We always have students from completely different courses come in during the middle of our lecture. It's funny because they always come in like nothing's wrong and sit down, then when they see that we're discussing films they tend to make a swift exit.

Had one person come in and sit down for 20 minutes of our lecture once (and they'd started taking notes at this point!) and they only left when they got called on to answer a film question. Personally I think our lecturer did it on purpose because we're not a big class at all and she knew all of us by then.

My worst incident was when I was living back in student halls (the horror!) and I'd just come back from work. Baring in mind that a year before I went to uni I had an experience where I was in a lift that dropped 5 stories because of the weight limit being exceeded. So I get in the lift (still a bit hesitant about them at this point) and there's 4 other people already in there. The lift stops at floor 1 and 2 guys want to get in so they can go up to floor 2. Someone inside the lift decides that this'll be a good idea so they get in and the doors close. About 5 seconds later the lift stops in between floors and won't move. We were stuck in there for an hour with 2 guys who had bought hot takeaway with mayonnaise and chilli sauce without any air conditioning and stuck in a confined metal space. It quickly became unbearably hot in there. When we eventually did get out there was condensation all over the inside of the lift. Awful hour.
Reply 253
Original post by Slothsocks
Walking into the projector at the back of the lecture theatre and concussing myself infront of everyone. :facepalm:

Behind*
So I'd just split up with my then girlfriend, and York being the tiny place that it is, we were out for a friends birthday, and 3 of my friends ran at me in the club to tell me that she was looking for me. Being the courageous sort of chap that I am, I decided the best course of action was retreat and managed to sneak into an International Students Association party, where they'd roped off the bar, intending to have a quiet drink under the air con unit and reflect on the best way to remove myself from the current predicament.

So, whilst mulling this over at the bar, a Chinese gentleman turned to me, tapped me on the shoulder and proclaimed loudly "You like Asian girl?"

Now, Im not usually flustered that easily, but I managed to stumble through with "Well, no, I mean, yes, I mean I dont dislike them"

He replied with "You like asian girl! Look around, pick one, I get you any girl here" - to this day, one of the most surreal experiences of my life.

If only the story ended there, we went on to another club that opens later than the rest, and a friend of a friend who was extremely good looking was with us, we hit it off, spent some of the evening together - I was just turning around with two drinks for us and turned straight into my ex, face of thunder. Ended up being yelled at, and then the girl I was buying the drinks for, came over, ran her hands through my hair and and kissed me on the cheek, in front of my already apoplectic ex. Cue head in hands, asking myself how on earth this was all happening to me.

This was nigh on 6 months ago, and my friends still get excellent replay value out of it.
Reply 255
I was writing an essay the night before, I always leave things to the last minute a rather bad habit of mine. Anyway my Laptop was piece of crap and it decided to randomly turn off. When it comes back on my work is lost and I realise that I have to write another 2,500 word essay before the morning, and it was around 4am at this time. After nearly coming to the verge of tears, and passing out due to stress I went for a cigarette to try calm myself down. Luckily after spending half another on my computer I managed to find some deeply hidden recovery files and in all I only lost a couple of paragraphs and managed to finish my essay in time, to make it better I even got a good grade for it! Happiest moment of my first year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Should have told him its right hard to remember that on a day like today when you're all, argumentative, and you've got the face on.

Should have said; "I'm sorry I was late, but I missed the train and then the traffic was a state". :mmm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Original post by Mr. Approachable
One of my flat mates went outside for a 3am fire drill, but forgot he sleeps commando. :P

:rofl:
I have waaaay too many!!

In first week of uni I went to sit down on a high stall, thought it was right behind me, it wasn't. I ended up rolling around on my bum. I think that was when my flatmates realised I'm very clumsy.

On halloween I was dressed as a nun, got a bit toooooo drunk. I think I drunk almost a whole bottle of Sambuca. Didn't get let in to the club. The pubs wouldn't even let me in to pee. Ended up in a forest with a mate who helped me pee (I think he saw a bit too much of me that night). My mates somehow got me home. Then I wouldn't stop throwing up. Woke up with bruises EVERYWHERE and sumbuca flavoured sick covering my hair.. still dressed as a nun. (I don't actually remember any of this, just odd flashbacks, and my friends filled in the rest of the story).

One night I was quite drunk, dressed as a school girl (fancy dress). Jumped on someone's back.. Fell off. My face collided with the pavement. It was not a nice sight but let's just say, my face was pretty messed up. The paramedics arrived as I was rocking back and forth on the kitchen floor, crying and covered in blood saying "I want to die, I would rather die, please just let me die." All my other stupid accidents I can laugh about - not this one.

One night my housemate saw me naked. I was in my room with my boyfriend at the time, didn't think anyone was out there, the bathroom was right next to my room anyway so thought I would go for it. My housemate's room was opposite mine and as I opened the door wide, she was standing right there. She saw everything!

One night me and a housemate went on a night out. We obviously drunk way too much because we don't remember anything. I don't even think we got into the uni bar. But I woke up in the middle of the night in his bed, with him sleeping on the floor. I was a bit like huh? So I went back into my own room. In the morning there was a knock at the door with him saying, "what happened?" His clothes were all over the house. He had some of my clothes in his room as well as random items from my bag on his floor. To this day we still don't know what happened or why he was apparently walking around the house naked.

Went on a night out with a friend from home who was staying over at mine for the night. While we were there my mate disappeared off as usual and the guy I was seeing at the time was in the same club so we met up. At the end of the night I couldn't find my mate anywhere, it turns out she had been having sex with some random guy in the guys toilets. (Ew!) Anyway me, my mate and the guy I was seeing all headed back for my uni room. No idea why the guy was coming with us! So we get off the bus, only a short walk away from my room, and I realise a random guy from the bus is following us. My mate was holding his hand and I was like "why's he coming?" But I didn't really care cos I was drunk. So we get back to my room and we all go to sleep, me in my bed with the guy I was seeing, and my mate and random bus boy on the floor. All is fine. Me and the guy I was seeing wake up early in the morning, to realise my mate and random bus boy are having sex on the floor! It was quite traumatic! When we all properly woke up my mate went in the shower and bus boy ran off and told me to say bye to her.

I realise most of my stories involve alcohol!!
Reply 259
Oversleeping on the morning of my acting exam and waking up to my coursemates phoning to ask where I was. I jumped out of bed, rang a taxi and threw on some make up all in about ten seconds. I had to get dressed in the taxi and had to ask the driver for chewing gum since I'd forgotten to brush my teeth. I made it just in time!

Quick Reply

Latest