The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Information about Halls of Residence at Herts

Scroll to see replies

When trying to accept my offer I get to the "your contract" page.

When i enter my details i.e Student ID and Date of Birth I get the error:

Invalid User Credentials

Is anyone else getting this or can anyone help?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 341
I didn't have that problem but the most likely reasons are either they have your information in the system wrong, or it's more a syntax error, meaning the way it's written. The date of birth field only gives you a box to write in, but people write the date in various ways. I'd try various ways and see if any other ways work - when I did mine it was Day/Month/Year, so using today's date that would be 18/7/2012, but try 18-7-2012, 18.7.2012, 18/7/12 or whatever ways you can think of.

If the problems still occur it's probably that your information is wrong in their database, so try calling up the university.
Reply 342
Accommodation offer: House 42 room 04. Anyone else in my house?
Reply 343
i know on the website it says u are not allowed to bring in your own mini fridge but do they really chek it or can you get away with bringing one?
Reply 344
Original post by nithin18
i know on the website it says u are not allowed to bring in your own mini fridge but do they really chek it or can you get away with bringing one?

If you are on De Hav you will be provided with a mini fridge in your room. If you are on College Lane campus then you will have a shared fridge in the kitchen, you will not have your room searched for a mini fridge i don't think but if you request maintenance then the mini fridge will be spotted and you will be fined. I live on De Hav and one of my flat mates go a warning for a kettle in their room so I personally would not risk it.
Reply 345

Hi, I am trying to decide which halls to choose atm. I'd quite like de hav its just the price that's off putting :/ . About the mini fridge, what size is it? All the mini fridges i've ever heard of fit about 2 cans in them, and also does this mean there is no fridge in the kitchen or...?

I am doing a postgraduate course so also wanted to check if I have to make a preference to be housed with other postgrads/masters/3rd years or they will do that automatically?

Lastly, as i'm doing a postgrad course, it starts earlier than the start date for accomodation. Will I be allowed to move in earlier or do I have to wait?

Thanks
Original post by kiko182
Hi, I am trying to decide which halls to choose atm. I'd quite like de hav its just the price that's off putting :/ . About the mini fridge, what size is it? All the mini fridges i've ever heard of fit about 2 cans in them, and also does this mean there is no fridge in the kitchen or...?

I am doing a postgraduate course so also wanted to check if I have to make a preference to be housed with other postgrads/masters/3rd years or they will do that automatically?

Lastly, as i'm doing a postgrad course, it starts earlier than the start date for accomodation. Will I be allowed to move in earlier or do I have to wait?

Thanks

That does indeed mean there are no fridges in the kitchen, just freezers. the fridges are about the size of the following pic: 54522.jpg
Though there is a little freezer section at the top of the mini fridge which limits room for fridge stuff and sometimes freezes everything XD they fit like 2 bottles of pop and just some other stuff.

3rd years are generally not on campus, you can let the accommodation office know that you would like to be placed with other postgrads :smile: they will probably do that any way like you said :tongue:

Yes, you will be allowed to move in earlier if your course starts earlier :smile:
Reply 347
Original post by Pop_tart
That does indeed mean there are no fridges in the kitchen, just freezers. the fridges are about the size of the following pic: 54522.jpg
Though there is a little freezer section at the top of the mini fridge which limits room for fridge stuff and sometimes freezes everything XD they fit like 2 bottles of pop and just some other stuff.

3rd years are generally not on campus, you can let the accommodation office know that you would like to be placed with other postgrads :smile: they will probably do that any way like you said :tongue:

Yes, you will be allowed to move in earlier if your course starts earlier :smile:

Thanks very much! That sucks abit about the fridge, I will probably be struggling! I'd preferably like to not be with first years since I have already done my degree lol but I don't want to be with strange people that don't talk to me hah!
Original post by kiko182
Thanks very much! That sucks abit about the fridge, I will probably be struggling! I'd preferably like to not be with first years since I have already done my degree lol but I don't want to be with strange people that don't talk to me hah!

I get what you mean :smile: lots of people do masters in there 20s though its not like you'll be living I. some kind of retiring home lol
Does anyone know about the rules on bringing guests to stay in your room ?
Reply 350
I get what you mean :smile: lots of people do masters in there 20s though its not like you'll be living I. some kind of retiring home lol

Ah good, so I will get to live with some masters students then too? Haha I think i'm just gonna ring them once i've done my app and tell them to put me with nice people anyway lol.

How did you find herts anyway? I know a few people that go there but all from the north london areas, and they aren't the type of people I'd hang out with!

:smile:
Reply 351

Isn't there fridges in Roberts Way phase 2 as well? I can't remember if there's a fridge in the kitchen area in the Roberts Way P2 I visited, but I was distinctly told there was mini fridges in that college lane accommodation.
Original post by georgem1993
Does anyone know about the rules on bringing guests to stay in your room ?

i stayed at my mates halls every other day and never was stopped :smile:
Got confirmed and got my accommodation offer for DeHav :smile: "Flat 02 in Redbourn" Anyone else on dehav?
-- I looked up Redbourn and its at the back in the middle, furthest from anything -_- but i'm not declining just incase the next offer is not at dehav :P
Original post by Kvitty
Isn't there fridges in Roberts Way phase 2 as well? I can't remember if there's a fridge in the kitchen area in the Roberts Way P2 I visited, but I was distinctly told there was mini fridges in that college lane accommodation.

Yes, both in phase 1 and 2 :smile: There is another fridge and freezer in the kitchen as well.

Original post by kiko182

Ah good, so I will get to live with some masters students then too? Haha I think i'm just gonna ring them once i've done my app and tell them to put me with nice people anyway lol.

How did you find herts anyway? I know a few people that go there but all from the north london areas, and they aren't the type of people I'd hang out with!

:smile:

I really enjoyed my time here really, i'm sad to be leaving the university but excited for what is to come ^^

There are lots of different people, there are societies for you to join and everything. Sure you will meet people you won't like but you'll definitely meet people you will like as well :tongue: I wouldn't worry too much about that really :smile:
Original post by StephMusic
Got confirmed and got my accommodation offer for DeHav :smile: "Flat 02 in Redbourn" Anyone else on dehav?
-- I looked up Redbourn and its at the back in the middle, furthest from anything -_- but i'm not declining just incase the next offer is not at dehav :P

I don't understand why people are always like 'omg I'm at the back' :tongue: guys, IT'S ALL ON CAMPUS! The campus isn't THAT, big even if you are at the back it's still only a 2 min walk to the main building. You will have to walk about 30 to 60 seconds longer than someone at the front.. that's it.
Original post by Kvitty

Yes, both in phase 1 and 2 :smile: There is another fridge and freezer in the kitchen as well.

There isn't another fridge in the kitchen in Phase 2. D:
At least not when I was there - only a freezer.

The mini fridges you can adjust the shelves, but there aren't any shelves in the door. Someone in my house was lucky enough to have one of the newer fridges in their room which was slightly bigger. But still, you have to be careful with how much you can fit in there. ;>_>
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Paper Flowers
There isn't another fridge in the kitchen in Phase 2. D:
At least not when I was there - only a freezer.

The mini fridges you can adjust the shelves, but there aren't any shelves in the door. Someone in my house was lucky enough to have one of the newer fridges in their room which was slightly bigger. But still, you have to be careful with how much you can fit in there. ;>_>

thanks for that correction, I couldn't remember exactly, I thought there were 2.

The fridges are indeed pretty small you just have to think ahead when you buy something cause otherwise you might end up wasting stuff.
Reply 358
How long does it normally take for the accomodation people to reply to you? I applied 10 days ago and am a postgrad so wasn't waiting for any exam results...
Original post by kiko182
How long does it normally take for the accomodation people to reply to you? I applied 10 days ago and am a postgrad so wasn't waiting for any exam results...

You applied 10 days ago?! That's pretty late - these times are really busy, if you haven't heard anything by the 30st/31st I'd give them a ring to inquire about the status of your application.

Quick Reply

Latest