The Student Room Group

Time frame for uni to update ucas

Hello, I'm British but went to high school in America. Yesterday i received three of my final grades for three of my classes (should receive the other four in the coming days). The ones i received were history, psychology, social science, getting AAA. I'm awaiting grades for Maths, English lit, biology, econ. I think it shouldn't be a problem as the uni offer i accepted was on the condition i got BBB in three classes but didn't specify which ones (unlike some of the other offers i declined or my insurance which clearly stated BB and A in English)

My question is how long does it generally take them to flip them around and update UCAS? as i had to send mine manually to my uni. I was hoping i might be able to apply for my dorms a tad before UK get results on the 16th.

Cheers!
It can vary and there's really no way of knowing. If it doesn't update tomorrow then it won't update until the 16th though, as Track is frozen for a few days up to A level results day.
Reply 2
Thanks for the quick reply! am i likely to hear from the uni via email? or is that only if they have some sort of question for me regarding my grades.

Thanks.
Original post by JD-19
Hello, I'm British but went to high school in America. Yesterday i received three of my final grades for three of my classes (should receive the other four in the coming days). The ones i received were history, psychology, social science, getting AAA. I'm awaiting grades for Maths, English lit, biology, econ. I think it shouldn't be a problem as the uni offer i accepted was on the condition i got BBB in three classes but didn't specify which ones (unlike some of the other offers i declined or my insurance which clearly stated BB and A in English)

My question is how long does it generally take them to flip them around and update UCAS? as i had to send mine manually to my uni. I was hoping i might be able to apply for my dorms a tad before UK get results on the 16th.

Cheers!

Original post by Potally_Tissed
It can vary and there's really no way of knowing. If it doesn't update tomorrow then it won't update until the 16th though, as Track is frozen for a few days up to A level results day.

This :yes:. If you've applied through Track, you won't know til results day like the rest of us I'm afraid!
Original post by JD-19
Thanks for the quick reply! am i likely to hear from the uni via email? or is that only if they have some sort of question for me regarding my grades.

Thanks.

You can certainly email/phone and ask, tho it's likely they'll be busy processing your application along with the rest of ours... Call them up tomorrow anyway, can't hurt to try. But if you get no response/answer, you have to wait another week I'm afraid. But if you got AAA there's no reason they shouldn't take you tbh
Reply 5
Original post by goussberry09
You can certainly email/phone and ask, tho it's likely they'll be busy processing your application along with the rest of ours... Call them up tomorrow anyway, can't hurt to try. But if you get no response/answer, you have to wait another week I'm afraid. But if you got AAA there's no reason they shouldn't take you tbh

Okay wonderful thanks. I'm not to worried that they will not accept me because i have the grades they asked for. Was just a tad worried they would say ''wtf why did this kid send us these course grades'' as my offer is for English probably an irrational fear as they didn't specify i need x course. I wasn't going to send my report in until i got them all but thought i might have been able to get a better dorm if i get it in before the 16th. Oh well.
Original post by JD-19
Okay wonderful thanks. I'm not to worried that they will not accept me because i have the grades they asked for. Was just a tad worried they would say ''wtf why did this kid send us these course grades'' as my offer is for English probably an irrational fear as they didn't specify i need x course. I wasn't going to send my report in until i got them all but thought i might have been able to get a better dorm if i get it in before the 16th. Oh well.

Eugh, I'm so jealous you already have your grades lol. Naaah they won't think that, don't worry. And even if they do... It doesnt really make a difference to your application lol :smile:

Which uni you going to?
Reply 7
Original post by goussberry09
Eugh, I'm so jealous you already have your grades lol. Naaah they won't think that, don't worry. And even if they do... It doesnt really make a difference to your application lol :smile:

Which uni you going to?

Greenwich, what about you?
Original post by JD-19
Greenwich, what about you?

oh I live in London, cool :smile:

Hoping to get into Manchester!

Quick Reply