The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5040
:rolleyes:
Im sure it does (y) Im laughed how ignorant a person can be to not think there isnt elements of a ethnic cleansing/genocide going on
israel is like the weedy little kid who always sticks around that big school bully in the playground :lol:
Original post by Jack93o
israel is like the weedy little kid who always sticks around that big school bully in the playground :lol:

very true if Israel didnt have america it would get crushed
but why do you think there allowed to get away with genocide?
do you think its the power if its allies?
(edited 11 years ago)
I dont hate jews, my gf is a jew and I know much about the culture
also many non-musims are against israel
more of the world are against it than for it
Original post by Iamgoingmad
I dont hate jews, my gf is a jew and I know much about the culture

Then you're a step ahead of a lot of Muslims in this country...

also many non-musims are against israel
more of the world are against it than for it

Do they really know what they're talking about though?
why do you think Israel is allowed get away with genocide, using the same techniques the germans did to their people?
no trolls, no racism, have an intellectual debate

You ask for an intellectual discussion, but the underlying premise of your question is ludicrous. Israel is not engaging in genocide. In fact, on most days, not a single Palestinian is being killed. You probably don't even know this, because you are just sprouting out nonsensical anti-Israel rhetoric, but Jews and arabs live together in Haifa in peace and prosperity. The very existence of Haifa belies your underlying premise.

If Israel was engaging in genocide against the arabs, there would be a mass exodus of arabs out of Israel. But there is no mass exodus. Why? Because the arabs living in Israel know that they are far better off living in the jewish state of Israel, than the arab state of Egypt or Syria.

Further, given the fact that in Syria, thousands of people are being killed, in a REAL genocide, I think your anti-Israeli post is truly misguided.

When Clinton was President, peace had almost been reached. But Arafat chose war instead, and Israel built such things as "The Wall" to protect it from vicious terrorist attacks. Now the Palestinians complain about The Wall, but there had been no wall until the Palestinians started blowing up commuter busses and school busses.

Is there some Israeli oppression against the Palestinians? No doubt. But it can hardly be called a "genocide".
Reply 5049
Original post by SaintSoldier
Then you're a step ahead of a lot of Muslims in this country...

Do they really know what they're talking about though?

huh what are you talking about muslims dont hate jews we hate zionism
what have jewish people done to muslims nothing. the muslims you see that hate jews are a product of gang culture in britain.
Original post by Ganhad
the muslims you see that hate jews are a product of gang culture in britain.

Gang culture?
Original post by Jack93o

Only.... No.

Even without US backing Israel is a major power in the region.
Reply 5052
OP, don't waste your time.
I'm Lebanese and have seen the Israeli mass killings in Lebanon in front of me.
I know Palestinians, even those who are Israeli citizens who's Parents (and them as children) remember how their homes were rushed with Zionist gunmen and were told to choose between life & death. Others remember seeing their fathers shot because they would refuse to leave their homes after the British withdrew.
People will sit and argue like the post above me, you'll never find a solution to this argument.
People only hear what they want to hear and don't want to face up to the truth that hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were indeed massacred after the British withdrawal in 1967. Others life's were spared. The only difference is that the number of Palestinians killed isn't as significant as 6 million. Mainly because there weren't enough at the time to accumulate such a figure. Also the fact that Palestinians are Arab. Nobody cares about us Arabs, we are terrorists apparently.
People need to acknowledge that the Palestinian genocide/mass exodus occured after British withdrawal. NOT within the past few years, as the post above me was also saying.
Point is, your wasting your time. I've seen it with my eyes, whilst some other person will casually pretend they know what they're talking about and haven't even been anywhere near the middle east, some people think its typical Muslims being biased towards Jews. Reality is, it's just people telling the truth.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think that's a very one-sided and ignorant view to have. I don't have a strongly polarised opinion on the Israel-Palestine debate, I tend to avoid it like the plague, but there's no point acting like Palestine are perfect and don't commit atrocities either.
Reply 5054
Original post by SaintSoldier

I can tell you won't listen to a word he says.

But please, at least try to.

First facepalm came at 00:53. The video is bull****, propaganda espoused by intellectually dishonest supporters of the creation of an Israeli state and occupation of Palestine. Even ardent Zionist, Benny Morris accepts that the myth of the invading 'Arab armies' calling Palestinians to flee is totally unsustainable and without substance. The 700,000 Palestinians who fled their homes in 1947 left mostly due to Israeli military attacks; fear of impending attacks; and expulsions.

Now if you're a Muslim (which I assume you are if you're posting on this topic) then you're probably thinking that the man in the video is an evil, lying, thieving Jew.

Don't make such stupid assumptions.
Reply 5055
Original post by lukas1051
I think that's a very one-sided and ignorant view to have. I don't have a strongly polarised opinion on the Israel-Palestine debate, I tend to avoid it like the plague, but there's no point acting like Palestine are perfect and don't commit atrocities either.

True, question is though - can you blame the poor sods?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Im sure it does (y) Im laughed how ignorant a person can be to not think there isnt elements of a ethnic cleansing/genocide going on

You mean like the ethnic cleansing that the arabs engaged in when jews who had lived in arab lands for hundreds of years (or even thousands of years) were forced out of arab lands after Israel was formed, often with zero compensation, and often on 3 days notice (like in Nasser's Egypt). Just as many jews were displaced as Palestinians.
Original post by concubine
Only.... No.

Even without US backing Israel is a major power in the region.

Go on :lol:

I'd love to see what Israel would've become like if they never had any U.S support whatsoever. I'm pretty sure militarily they'd be a whole lot weaker, they certainly wouldn't have been able to get hold of any nukes or WMD's.
Reply 5058
Haha this thread will die now that it has been moved here. Oh well not like a meaningful discussion was going to come from that ridiculous OP anyway.
Original post by Jack93o
Go on :lol:

I'd love to see what Israel would've become like if they never had any U.S support whatsoever. I'm pretty sure militarily they'd be a whole lot weaker, they certainly wouldn't have been able to get hold of any nukes or WMD's.

So? That doesn't lessen their current power.

Latest

Trending

Trending